I guess we may have been lucky judging by some of the other reviews on here, but we honestly did not have anything that really warranted being seriously complained about. If we could have improved the holiday, I would have to say that the service at breakfast (if you sat outside) could have been better. Most mornings the majority of staff stood around talking whilst one or two ran around trying to serve the guests tea/coffee. On a few occasions we left without having a drink offered to us which for a platinum holiday is a little poor. Like an earlier post I read, by the end of our holiday you could not get a black tea in the buffet restaurant but we survived!
The hotel is in a lovely setting, with a beach/sea to die for. Yes it's windy but on hot days that wind is your best friend. Prepare to get sand blasted every now and again. Not often but it sure hurts!
We found the hotel to be very clean, particularly our room which was well looked after for us. We never struggled for clean towels and the one occasion we had to ring reception when the room hairdryer burnt out - a replacement was with us 1/2 hour later. We were in room 666 in the dreaded block C but we had a lovely view of the sea and coastline right up to the lighthouse. The building work was on the other side of the site, so no un-welcome noise either. Yes the rooms are not up to date and modern but we had everything we needed and have to say that the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and we did not need a mattress topper! We asked for one on arrival and were told that beds in that room very comfortable and we would not need one - they were right. We also had worries when we were told room 666 but they laughed and said no-one ever complains about that room and they were right again!
We found the food in the buffet more than adequate for us. We only dined in the speciality Italian once and then decided we preferred the options available in the buffet, particularly as we were travelling with a 10 year old fussy eater. Sometimes the food was not as hot as it should have been but I guess that is always going to be a possibility when eating from buffets. You were best to hover at the food stations and wait for them to put out freshly cooked items although at busy times the food was turned around quickly anyway.
All in all I would say that this was a great destination if you love swimming, relaxing and water sports.
If you want to scuba dive we would strongly recommend Aqua Windies (you can find them on here). A well managed, professional centre with a lovely café onsite - Reef and Beef, great chilled atmosphere and lovely parrots to entertain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach