We recently got back from a vacation at the Royal Palm Club at RIU Palace Aruba. This is the timeshare part of the RIU, but ABSOLUTELY still a part of the RIU Palace. The room itself was laid out very nice, but between the cockroaches, both dead and alive, and the broken and missing 'amenities', this place was VERY disappointing.
The microwave oven and the alarm clock were broken and did NOT work, the TV reception was piss poor on half the advertised channels including ESPN and ESPN2, which really sucked as I MUST Watch football on Sunday/Monday nights EVEN (especially!!) on vacation ! There was no iron or ironing board in the room, and when we called for one (Twice!) it took literally 2 hours to get a rust corroded iron and broken ironing board delivered to the room, making us late for dinner the first night there! The stovetop was filthy upon arrival and I needed to clean it for 15 minutes the first morning before cooking breakfast. And then of course, the Roaches, which by the way are Huge in Aruba. I found two dead behind the couch in the bedroom, and had to eliminate one that ran right into the middle of the living room floor......ummm, Ewwww!!
I WILL say that the property itself is absolutely beautiful, and the pool is by far the greatest one we have ever encountered in the10 years that we have been vacationing in Aruba. Those 2 positives are the only thing saving this place from getting only One star.
I'm sure the rooms in the main hotel are gorgeous and well maintained, but for the timeshare people, like us, who think they are in luck because they can trade for a week here......Think Again. We have stayed at many great places in Aruba that we would return to, but The Royal Palm Club at The RIU palace is DEF not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach