We just returned from our 6th trip to Aruba. This was our 3rd stay at the Riu. After reading recent reviews about the hotel I was a little worried. But, the hotel lived up to the standards. Classic decor has not changed but the atmosphere and service was great! The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was fresh everyday and the restaurants were nice. I do agree with the other reviews that the beds were hard. We take take the advice and asked for a mattress pad and after that it was fine. The only negative I can give is on the spa service. We booked a couples massage and the massage was good however the spa itself needs work. We arrived early so we could take advantage of the spa services. The jacuzzi was ice cold and the jets did not work, so it was basically just bubbling water. We then decided to use the sauna in each of the locker rooms. The ladies sauna was broken and the men's sauna was not turned on. So there was no extras in using the spa except for the massage which was a little disappointing. My suggestions would be to bring your own travel size cup with a lid and straw for the drinks. The pool bar drink cups are small so they usually give you 2 at a time. Bring your own lotion since it is expensive and you go thru it quickly. The wifi service is not good. If you need it during the day it works fine but every night at 5:45 pm it would go down until about 11pm. They said the networks were broken but I think the server gets overloaded at the time and they can not handle it. Wifi does not work by the pool only in the lobby and rooms
Great times with friends in the sun and beach. It does not get better. Relax and have a good time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach