Like the brand but some of staff at all levels let the hotel down with poor but service and indifference. We Stayed 3 weeks in September 2013 in the main building on the 7th floor. Had lots of noise in the early hours with party time starting at 2.45am and reported the noise to reception after 1/2 hour on two different nights. The key card stopped working 4 times to be told it had the wrong departure date. The last time maintenance could not get into the room and climbed over the balcony, removed the patio door to gain access and change the door lock. Had a bag and towels go missing from around the pool between 9 and 9.30 am while at the welcome meeting. Nothing of value and found later discarded. Reported this to reception so they knew what was happening in their hotel as important information only but was told not our department go and see the staff at the pool area. Bottled water and mini bar top up was carried out in our room for the first 10 days and then stopped. I went to reception and collected water from the reception informing then none had been delivered then on the third day I was told to ring if I needed more bottled water. I informed reception that I have not had to at any other RIU palace hotels I have stayed at or for the first 10 days since arriving. Water was delivered every day thereafter. Maintenance carried out on air condition unit " was working ok " to find the walls dripping in water and the floor looking like it had been hosed down, we put towels on floor due to being very slippery and reported to reception. We later returned to find the towels replaced and the room was better but walls and floor was still wet. Man from reception called to check and problem was air condition unit had not been reset correctly and when we returned again was ok and had no further problems with the air con. The service by lots but not all staff in the buffet restaurant was slow and poor with pot luck for a clean table cloth. The management did not follow up on any of the problems to know if everything was now ok. Flight delayed 6 hours but had letter for the all-inclusive package to continue till we left but were refused access to all the restaurants. Our stay in Aruba was great just the wrong hotel till the staff improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach