Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$295
$200
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$242
$209
HolidayInn.com
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$909
$559
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$509
$423
Bookit.com
$359
Hotels.com
$260
$249
$289
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$315
$295
$364
$350
6,660 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonall inclusivesnachosmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resorta la cartesnightly entertainment
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ok so let me start off by saying that i am not in any way shape or form some princess who needs everything 5 star. I am far from that. when I booked my trip I saw the great reviews for this resort as well as word of mouth by some friends who have been here multiple times. I on the other hand was disappointed!!

Hotel/Rooms - Hotel was very clean all the time. They do a great job at that. The room was cleaned daily and was also very clean upon arrival. The beds are very hard so you might want to ask for a pillow top which i didnt even know i could until the last day i was there. There arent enough outlets and with 3 girls in one room it was pretty frustrating. Also there was no vent in the bathroom so everytime you took a shower you would need to wait an hour for alll the fog to leave and be able to see yourself in the mirror.

Pool - The only good spot on the whole resort. The chairs are great and cushioned and actually arent broken and sucken in like the beach ones. The bartenders and waiters/waitesses brinigng you drinks were very friendly and always remembered what you had. You did need to wake up early and reserve chairs by the pool/beach or else you are out of luck but thats pretty much everywhere. Also there was no service at the beach, you needed to get up and walk back to the pool bar to get drinks, even water.

Food - We didnt bother making reservations for the French resturant becuase every single person who ate there said it was aweful and disgusting so we didnt even bother. The Italian resturant was good but i found a nice pieace of glass in my dessert. The main buffet had great breakfast and thats about it. Lunch sucked and so did dinner. Even the fish which i thought would be fresh was aweful. The food was pretty much all the same every day for the exception of one or two dishes. The small buffet by the pool had horrible lunch as well, that we always went back to the main buffet resurant. At night the resturant by the pool turns into the Steak House. I ordered the Surf and Turf and I felt like everything was microwaved. I should have known it was going to bad when the brought out our cesar salad and the chicken in it looked fake and the seafood platter looked watery and gross. Ive had better fish and steak and NJ and NYC. I was very disappointed about the food especially since everyone raved about how everything was so good, fresh and amazing.

Spa/Gym - If you plan on going to the gym bring your own towel becuase you wont get one till the spa across the hall opens at 8 and one of the worers brings it in. Also bring your own cold water. Apparently water can only be found at the front desk and its one bottle per person and always warm, so yea as im sweating and working out im drinking warm water. I had two massages performed and it was nothing to talk about. At one point I was questioning myself if these people were even certified massage therapists. I get a better massage for half the price at the nail salon i go to.

Staff - If it wasnt for them i wouldnt go back. Thank god for them. Would I stay here again, yes BUT only if i received some dirt cheap deal. if not, no more RUI for meI

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and i booked the Riu Palace for our honeymoon and wow, we had a fantastic time. We travelled on 10th May and stayed for 2 weeks. I can't understand why so many people have gave negative reviews. When we arrived we were given a twin room but it really smelt of paint so we went to reception and they changed our room straight away. Reception were brilliant about it and we got upgraded to a jucuzzi suite. We were so pleased. Our rep Jaz was amazing and i have to say she is by far the best rep we have ever had. She was funny, friendly and couldn't do enough to help.
The hotel and the room was clean. If your bed is too hard ask for a mattress topper it does the job perfectly. They did have a problem with the pool being cloudy at one point but it was sorted straight away. Some of the parasols were broken but thats not surprising as it does get fairly windy and even so they have concrete at the bottom they still blow over.
If you like food then the buffet has really nice food and there is so much variety and i have to say i did eat a lot of cakes because they were so nice.
In the evenings we drank at Barrys bar and Robert the waiter was brilliant. He was so chatty and had us all laughing.
I would definatley recommend this hotel for a holiday or honeymoon but its not really for kids because there is not really much for them to do.

8  Thank Sally-ann C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

“Excellent time!!”
This review is a little late but better late than never. I’ll try to keep it short and hit the important points. Quick overview, traveled my wife and I with signature vacations out of TO with sunwing, May 20 -May 27 2013 Flight was good, airport was super easy, found our bus and quick (30 min) transfer to the hotel.

Check In : Check in was pretty easy, they had the envelopes already prepared with room #’s, keys, bracelets, map, etc. We got Room 830 in Building B Overall, check in was quick and easy.

Room : Our room was on the eight floor, south wing,# 830 it faced the Pool and swim up Bar with a great view of Bugaloes a bar on a peir close by. property. The interior of the room was exactly as it is seen in the pictures, very modern, everything worked properly, the shower was awesome, jet bath didn't work, the bed was firm but that didn’t bother us much since the maid put a soft pad on within a half hr of check in It was a king size bed. No complaints with the room, everything was great. As for room location, we would not want to stay anywhere on this resort aside from the south wing. The VIP suites are all the way across the resort from all the restaurants, buffets, lobby, bars etc. Our room was literally a 10 second elevator ride to ALL of that.
Food :The food at this resort ROCKED!! The first evening we were so impressed with the buffet we were thinking we’d be missing out by eating at the a la cartes. I don’t know why people say the buffet is repetitive or that they serve the same food as in the restaurants because that is most certainly not the case. Yes they serve sushi in the buffet a couple times a week and you get sushi as an app at the Japanese restaurant but that’s where the similarities end. There was a great selection of freshly prepared food every meal we ate there (every lunch and 2 dinners),
This buffet was the best we have ever visited.

Again, the food at this resort was THE BEST we have experienced in the Caribbean and all over the world!! You will NOT be disappointed. As well, the reservation process for A La Cartes was the easiest and most convenient also.

Pools : Having Junior Suite room we spent all our pool time around the main pool, and we were quite happy to do so!! The resort was approaching capacity and there was still always sun loungers available and the pool was never too crowded. The bar staff there were awesome as well. Yes the main pool is where the activity staff put on shows and games but the pool is large enough that you can just sit further away from the entertainment area if you want peace and quite.

Beach: is Perfect great for walks on South and North. Theres a paved concrete walk way for power walkers or people that have a hard time walking the beach. It winds it way thru several resorts. RIU corperate needs to give this Hotel all new Beach chairs! Thers no excuse for poor chairs and The hotel need to Fix this now!!! The towel guys and beach Guys need to reavaluate their jobs. They are just rude............. Senoirs had to get thier own chairs. I felt as if I worked at the resort in the morning geting these seniors their chairs however I was happy to do it.

Room Tip: Building B room #830
1  Thank HamiltonCanadaPete
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just arrived back on the 8th June, 2013 after a fortnight of HEAVEN at the Riu Palace Aruba celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary. What can you say this holiday was perfection, the food was fantastic, the room was wonderful and the surroundings were excellent - what more can I say, I'm running out of superlatives.

There are 4 specialist restaurants but we did not use them as the food in the buffet restaurant was excellent, the service was extremely good and our glass was never empty.

We were placed in a double room with a whirlpool bath and extra large bed and the hotel management sent us 4 bottles of champagne to celebrate our Anniversary.

The pool and beach areas are wonderful and we always found a sunbed what ever time of the day we wandered down to these areas - only issue around the pool were the very loud American Holiday makers (not every day but on the odd occasion).

Hotel staff and Thomson Rep (Jaz) were superb and Jaz arranged a special evening out for us on our Anniversary. She booked the 'Fishes & More' Restaurant in Palm Beach where we enjoyed a wonderful evening and an excellent meal.

If asked would I go back to Aruba and the Riu Palace then my answer would certainly be a big YES !!!

Room Tip: Try and request a pool facing room !!!
1  Thank Colin K
Reviewed June 9, 2013

IT was our first time in Aruba and first time in a resort and all inclusive, I am more of an independent traveller. We stayed whilst my wife and I renewed our wedding vows to each other.

Room - we stayed in room 901 the huge jacuzzi suite on the corner of the main block, some of the furniture was a little tired and faded but the bathroom was great in the indoor jacuzzi worked well. But beware of the woeful toilet flush. The bed was comfortable four poster but unsure why it was smaller than the other beds in the smaller rooms on the same floor.

Service - Service is excellent from the nice poolside waitress bringing drinks every 20 mins to the attentive waiters in the dining rooms - respect to one drinks waitress in the main buffet who spotted us on our way over every night and had drinks ready and in order (we were a party of 8!)

Food - some good some bad - the buffet was always excellent with great choices, the Nautilus great if you are a seafood fan.

Pool - awesome but the wind spoiled the infinity pool and the water was whipped up and felt like some overgrown kid was splashing everyone.

Entertainment - well the week started badly with You Tube Karaoke on a projector not very well planned and then turned into other nights of Carnival style dancing - and if you have been recently you will remember "Oh my God" and "I love my job!" from the MC with the great fuzzy hair!

Over all Excellent - but it was out first all inclusive and we'll be back.

The resort felt very safe as did Aruba - we went off the beaten track for a day and never felt in danger anywhere.

Room Tip: Get main block high up as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family