First off, I must say that my wife and I were very disappointed in the LIARS that write bad posts about the RIU. Either they have nothing else better to do or were extremely spoiled growing up and fed with a silver spoon.
We stayed at the RIU Palace Aruba from April 17-28th and had such a wonderful time. The temps were consistently in the 90's and we only have a total of about 2 mins worth of sprinkles on us. Sunny most of the time, but overcast a couple days (misleading because sun was making it through the clouds). The breezes were probably a constant 15-20MPH, but let me tell you, you get use to it very quickly and thank god for the wind. If there was no wind, people would start frying like bacon.
The hotel room: We didn't spend much time there so didn't pay too close of attention. Bed was nice and stiff, but requested a pad for the bed and then bed was very soft and comfortable. Room was spacious enough and maid service was excellent.
Food: My wife HATES buffets and actually enjoyed the breakfast buffet and any of the dinners. We made it down early enough on the days we wanted to make reservations for the specialty restaurants without any issues. All restaurants provided more than enough quantity and quality in food, never left disappointed. The Sports Bar was an added bonus for anytime snacking.
Beverages: While there wasn't much top shelf selection, the bar tenders did their absolute best at making quality drinks. Any drink requested, they had a variation of it. ALL bar tenders were super friendly and enjoyed engaging in conversation. Carlos and Martha were excellent for our evening bar needs. Felix and the ladies were awesome when at the pool bar during the day. For any babies that complain about not getting enough alcohol in their drinks, all you need to do is be polite and ask. Felix absolutely LOVED trying to make my drinks stronger than I could handle, and succeeded a few times.
There probably is not enough time or words to explain how much I really did enjoy the RIU and Aruba in general. I will likely go back for visits in the future and would not hesitate to suggest that others also go check it out. All in all, the island is friendly and the climate is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach