Overall, we are very happy with the resort. It was a perfect place for us to travel with our infant daughter, the climate is warm and there is a constant breeze so it never got too hot. We upgraded our room to the Junior Suite and I would say it was money well spent because of the size of the room and space we had. Our room even faced into the middle of the resort and we could overlook the pool and see the waterfront and beach. The beach is clean, we always felt safe, even at night when walking in the dark (beach area or main street). There are nearby shopping strips, the downtown is easily accessible by local bus nearby. The food was good, but the buffet at the main hotel part offers the best selection for lunch meals. The restaurants requiring reservations are okay, in my opinion the fusion restaurant was the best.
My complaints about this resort are:
1) You must get up at an odd-godly hour of 5am to get yourself a palapa (shade hut), there are none available by 6am - who wants to do this while on vacation??! Your only other alternative to getting shade is to rent an umbrella from one of the booths on the beach. Security does remove any leftover items at night to avoid "holding" but it doesn't rectify the issue.. there are not enough shade huts.
2) The sports bar is the main bar right outside the main indoor bar where the entertainment is but it is the smoking bar.. even though it is outside the air is just filled with smoke - not ideal for a non-smoker or people with young children who want to enjoy the entertainment but care about their lungs. You must also walk through this bar area to reach the main desk if your room falls on the side of the bar.
3)I requested a rear-facing car seat for our daughter's transport to/from the hotel which we paid for... they brought a forward facing one for the transport to the hotel and forgot to arrange one for the way back..it made me very uneasy for her to travel like that.
4) The spa on-site also screwed up our appointments which meant that I didn't get enough time to do my full treatment and enjoy the jacuzi beforehand and I felt it was rushed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, West Indies, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach