My girlfriend and I spent 5 days at the Riu in early March. Like any resort, there are pros and cons. If you are bent on looking for the negative, you will certainly find it. I prefer to relax and enjoy. The resort has the best pool in Aruba. It is huge and clean. We enjoyed the drink service around the pool. Yes, they use "house brand" alcohol but will use name brand if you ask for it. Also, for those griping about lack of shade, one side of the pool deck was in the afternoon shade and it was easy to get a spot if you wanted one. The beach and ocean are spectacular. They are perfection.
Our room was upgraded from standard to pool view. That was greatly appreciated. We did have several laughs with our "adjustable" beds. The mattresses had two controls each whereby you could adjust the firmness of the mattress. My friend was able to adjust hers initially but then it deflated. I could not adjust mine initially and spent the first couple of nights in the middle dip of the mattress. the cleaning lady kindly called maintenance and had them come up and inflate mine and it was good for the rest of the trip.
We chose to eat at the main buffet for each meal as we did not want to be on a schedule. It was outstanding. I can't imagine how anyone could complain. In the evenings, they had two choices of carved meat. Twice we had the most delicious roast turkey. In addition, there was always chicken, fish and pork along with fresh made pasta. The staff in the main buffet was very pleasant.
The location was great ....we enjoyed walking along both the beach side and street side boardwalks. We felt very safe going out in the evenings as there were lots of people out and about. one day, we took the bus into Town and enjoyed the outing.
One note of disappointment: my friend's adult children tried to reach us due to a family emergency and we were never given the message. although the in-room phones have a message light, they do not have a voicemail system. When we finally got on wi-fi and emailed home, we found the kids had been trying to reach us and had left at least one message at the front desk. Twice, we went to the front desk to find out what happened and didn't get any answer. Keep this in mind if you are travelling and don't have any other way of being reached.
Overall, it was a good vacation and I will likely come back to Aruba and the Riu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach