We had a great time on this vacation! The hotel was great. We were in a renovated ocienview room. The room was a good size with a sitting area and the washroom was quite nice. The bed was very firm and the pillows are very flat so i recommend bringing yor own pillows if you have trouble sleeping. We enjoyed the balcony that we could sit out on and we liked that our room had a bar fridge that was well stocked. We have stayed at a Sandals property where a balcony nor stocked bar was not included in a oceanview room.
The food on this resort was fantastic! The breakfest buffet was amazing! Lots of choices. One of the best buffets i have had before. The Ala Cartes were also great. Our favourite was the Fusion! You do need to book your reservations for the ala cartes around 8-9am in the morning. I honestly didnt mind. It is an excuse to get up and enjoy the day.
The drink selection was great. One thing about Aruba is the water is AMAZING!! There is a desalinatization plant near by. I am a huge water drinker so i like to be able to drink the water, eat fresh fruit and veggies without getting sick.
The beach is gorgeous. White sand and minimal seaweed. The do have Palapas to sit under for shade but you need to get up very early in the morning to reserve one.
I LOVED that we felt safe to walk around at night off our resort. There was shopping down the street, restaurants and entertainment complex to go to. We had alot of fun at nights doing this. The resort itself didnt have alot of nightly entertainment (which seems to be common at the resorts we have been to) so it was nice to have this option
We did one night go out for dinner at the Flying Fish Bone. It was a good 30 minute cab ride away but worth it. The restaurant was on the beach. Food was amazing. Definately a romantic night out for a special occasion.
Overall, we had a great time and we will definatley be back! I think Riu is great value for your money as it is All Inclusive and has great food. I highly recommend!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach