Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
MVC Eagle Beach(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$458
$418
  • Pool
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$99
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$445
Marriott
$459
Travelocity
  • Pool
$445
$350
Travelocity
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$299
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,613 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonall inclusivesnachosmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resorta la cartesnightly entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was absolutely gob smacked when we arrived and found our room, it was horrendous! It was like a university dorm, the room was filthy the bathroom was shocking black skirting boards, filthy bath or should I say a pig trough dirty cracked toilet and the noisiest bed I have ever had the miss fortune of sleeping on, no balcony just room railings, I immediately went to reception to complain and was again gob smacked at the rudeness of the receptionist. The rep didn't know what to do. We are rid gold card holders so always use this chain if possible you are supposed to know what you are getting and they class their accommodation, having stayed in palace's on many occasion I was expecting something completely different, the hotel is in 3 blocks A,B, and C, block C is the oldest part and used to be time share building baring in mind this hotel only opened 4 yrs ago block C should be condemned!! When I complained the receptionist told me that Aruba is the only palace that doesn't have junior suits as standard and I quote her very words Aruba is not cheap it is the most expensive island and all the others holidays we have had have been cheap ones, I then asked our rep to sort out our room or get us on a flight home immediately that's how bad the room was, filthy a noises bed a discussing bathroom and a telly that looked like something my Nanna had in the early sixties, it was the dirty room and no balcony that really got to me. The other thing it was only British holiday makers that were in C block, the hotel was apprently fully booked so nothing could be done, my husband and I did not unpack, we also did not need to be told how expensive it was to go there as we had paid a lot of money as had many other holiday makers. The following day they realised we where gold card holders and said we could change to another block after a couple of nights when a room became free, that and me demanding the rep get us a flight home got us a move, other British guests complained they eventually got moved but not out of that block, also only one lift was working it took on average 20 mins to get to and from your room. Now for the positive's Aruba is one of the prettiest islands ever it is 20 miles long, 6miles wide has it's own Ecco system is very clean and the air is almost pure and you can drink the water, it is expensive to eat and drink outside of your hotel, it is a very affluent place, I would recommend Aruba to anyone but make sure you know what room you are getting before you go and avoid C block at all cost's.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mozza2716
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dear Travelers,

I decided together with my wife to have my vacations in Aruba and stay at Riu Palace Hotel on January 2013.
Before going there, I check many comments at the trip advisor that were very useful.
I was well prepared. But first of all, I was on vacation.
I spent 7 nights at this wonderful hotel.
There were some comments regarding the C block and the French Balcony.
In my opinion, it is one of the best views from the sunset that you can get from the hotel.
I was at the room nr 848. The room is not pretty new and of course some amenities could be updated like the TV.
Nevertheless the room is big with a generous closet and a mini bar full with beverage every day or any time that you want, just press “9”.
What I really like from this hotel was the friendly services from the beginning to the end.
I had the pleasure to meet the General Manager Carlos S. and he and his team made my stay very pleasant.
The food from all the restaurants are fantastic, especially the Kristal restaurant and the main buffet that I strongly recommend.
I heard something regarding humidity at the rooms. In my room I used to let the window opened the entire day and switch on the air conditioning during the night.
This system worked pretty well to me.
Sometime 1 of the 2 lifts from the C block was not working, but immediately I saw some guys from maintenance working on the problem.
The pool area and the pool itself are amazing, time to time someone use to offer some drinks to everybody.
If you want to stay at the sun side the entire day, grab your chair near the C block, otherwise, stay near the B Block where the restaurant near the beach is.
I strongly recommend to use sunscreen every time and if your sun blocker is on spray, do it in your room, remember that despite the strong sun's still windy at the island.
I could book the restaurants every night. My tip is the following, they used to open the reservation at 09:00 am, go there at 09:10 or 09:15. There will be no line at this time.
The hotel itself, the garden, the friendly services, food, beverage and the location were fantastic.
I know that I am sound to positive and not so critical at my comment. This reflect exactly what I experienced there, so there is nothing bad to say, only good things.
I hope this kind of services and environment that I could feel maintain the entire year.
Certainly I want to come back.
Please enjoy my pictures. I hope that my opinion could help you in your future decision.
Until my next report.

Regards,

GM

Room Tip: The C Blook is with the French balcony, despite the less space at the balcony, it has a wonderful view to the sunset
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank gmactrip
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Worst hotel everrr!! The key would not open the door to our room so we had our room changed because the door had problems.. (we had to go back and forth with our luggage because there was NOBODY to help us with it) once we got into our 2nd room it smelled very strong as someone had been smoking (it was a non smoking room), the bathroom lights were not working and we had payed for ocean view and definately we had pool view.. nobody could help us.. we called everyone.. so we left.. and changed hotels.. we went to the Hyatt, were we had been couple of times before and is BY FAR a better hotel.. starting with a way better service and rooms.. worst experience EVER with Riu Aruba.. only good thing about Riu is that we got our money back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Portu30
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Riu for our honeymoon December 17 - 22. We had an amazing time. It was our first time to Aruba and we were blown away by the friendliness of everyone on the island. From taxi drivers to the bartenders, it was such a great vibe. This was our first time at an all-inclusive resort, but we had talked to a lot of people who have been to all-inclusive hotels all over the place. I can see why some people might give the Riu some negative reviews because if you are looking for very high class, 5-star service, this probably isn't the right place. We just wanted a place where we could relax, not worry about carrying our money around with us (or worrying about a super high bill at the end of the week), and the Riu truly had everything we were looking for. We had no issues getting beach or pool chairs, although some people seemed to be very frustrated when they came down at noon and needed to move chairs together (I guess what do you expect?). I think there are plenty of things at any hotel you can nitpick about, but if you are laid back, looking for a nice pool and beach, good food, friendly staff and as many drinks as you want - you'll like the Riu :) I must say, we really liked the food! But we also decided to get away for one night and went to the Flying Fishbone which is about 25 minutes away by taxi. Definitely go there if you get the chance! We ate right on the water with our toes in the sand... I loved it.

We will definitely be going back to Aruba as soon as we have the chance and would definitely stay at the Riu again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank LizaW464
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Riu Palace Aruba January 15 - 22. We absolutely loved it! We choose our vacations by picking Riu properties. This was our first trip to Aruba and we will be back after we have visited a couple other Riu properties. We could find no faults other than the beds are really hard. But that was it and definately not a deal breaker. Those who complain about the huts I don't understand. We would head down to the beach for a run about 7:00/7:30 and was able to get a hut each day we were there with out having to reserve one with a towel or bag hanging from it in the wee hours of the morning. Another complaint we didn't understand was waiting in line to get our dinner reservations. As with other Riu properties we have visited we just waited until about 9:30 to go to the lobby. We did not have to wait in line and got the resteraunt of our choice each night. We would like to see men be able to wear a decent pair of golf shorts to the knee to dinner instead of pants. Just go - enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple