My husband and I just returned from the Riu Palace Aruba - we were there from January 14-23, 2013 for our honeymoon. I had some reservations after reading some pretty negative reviews prior to leaving but the worries were all for nothing. The hotel is fabulous! It is so clean and well maintained. Yes, it is a little dated and needs some updating in places but so what? The staff were cordial -not overly outgoing but certainly not unfriendly as some people would lead you to believe. Anything you needed, they took care of. Housekeeping was in 2-3 times per day to tidy up and replenish towels and mini-bar. We had a junior ocean view suite - 7th floor in the main building facing right onto the ocean - two large windows in the room. For some reason, the way the buildings are set leads to a very nice cross breeze that you don't get at any other resort- so although it was hot, it was always breezy. Made it much more comfortable.
Food was nothing short of amazing. For an all-inclusive large buffet, the food was pretty spectacular. The a la carte restaurants were just ok for me. Nothing to rave about- we went to the steak place, the Italian, and the Krystal Fusion restaurant once each. But truly, we preferred the buffet. The food was always hot and tasty and the presentation was excellent. Staff were always friendly and quick to get you whatever you wanted. The drinks were definitely NOT watered down- they were strong!
There were a couple of things we didn't like about this resort however. The main thing was that the wireless in the rooms was practically non-existent. On a good day, if you positioned your device just right beside the tv, you might get wireless access but that's about it. Considering all the other hotels have excellent wireless access, there is simply no excuse for the Riu NOT to have good wireless service. This was our one big complaint - as a Canadian, using our cell phones is just not an option due to the high roaming so online was the main way to keep in touch and it really didn't pan out. Come on Riu - get with the times and update your wireless!!!
Overall, this was a fabulous resort and experience. We would definitely recommend the resort to anyone and will go there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach