Just got back ...vacationed Nov. 24-Dec. 1. The place is great, very majestic and regal. Our room was great...no complaints. Saying that, I am sure all rooms are not equal as we did hear people complaining about things. We were in room 839 B building. I did not use the pool, but it looks very nice from afar. I do understand the complaints about it needing some repairs though. When closer it looks a little run down and overall made me feel it wasn't clean, but I am sure it is. Beach was awesome. Food great. Booze good with many quality brands available at all bars.
My only complaint is customer service. This did not ruin my vacation in no way and I would return tomorrow. The front desk were cold the few dealings I had there. Do not use the phone. I made 1local call and it was 26.00 US....I mean I figured it would cost me, but I thought that was extreme....just a heads up. All the service at restaurants was ok...no one really stepped up and was very attentive. I have travelled many places and have had some great service. It really was next to impossible to get a drink at the pool/beach restaurant and never get a refill. Same thing goes for coffee refills, water anything everywhere in the resort. We did have a good server in the dinner main buffet a few nights, most of the bartenders were great (except the pool bar...ignored there), the lady bartender in the sports bar was phenomenal....sorry so many names...and also Anthony in the sports bar was great. Two servers in the lobby bar outside were great also...Robert and Christian...very friendly and service was huge with them!! I do agree with the people who stated the customer service was not the best. Like I said it did not ruin our vacation and I would likely let it slide, but I use this site to make decisions about vacationing so I think I should mention it.
The cleaning staff are great .... This place looked very clean everyday. Our room was always cleaned thoroughly and well stocked!! Absolutely no complaints there.
Hope this helps....we had an awesome vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach