Luxury? Uh, no.
I had heard so many good things about the Riu brand, so imagine my disappointment when I walked Into the lobby, only to be hit with scent of MILDEW! This was the tone of the whole trip. I booked a spa appointment but canceled when I saw that the jacuzzi was tepid and sort of dirty. Grimy water lines-- like a bathtub ring marked the walls. There was no way I could relax there while waiting for my services. So I went to the dry sauna, which had not been turned on. I decided to just cancel and enjoy the beach.
The Riu is supposed to be a luxury chain, but this place is about on par with a Hilton. The staff is not particularly helpful. The drinks are just so so. Furthermore, the place just isn't comfortable. The beds are hard. Not firm, but hard. Old school TVs. tiny cheap plastic cups at the pool bar.
I really felt like I was in a Doubletree in Ohio that happened to have a gorgeous pool and beach.
The upside is that there was great energy around the pool. Lots of fun with Zumba and other activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach