Just back from a week at this lovely hotel, shame didnt have anymore holiday else would have liked 2 weeks. Fly from Gatwick on a First Choice plane, this had plenty of room and was a good flight. Had an easy 20 minute journey by coach from airport and greated with a cocktail on arrival and given our key to our room straight away. We were in C block and our room had been updated, lovely big room, nice bed, nice bathroom with walk in wardrobe, the only thing on block C is they have french balconies and you are only able to stand on these, no rooms for chairs but its dark by 6.30 so probably wouldnt have sat outside anyway.
The hotel is beautiful, very clean, all staff friendly. Restaurant buffet was fantastic, so much choice at every meal, can not fault it at all, only ate in one of the others restaurants, this was also good but preferred to chose from buffet nightly, lovely cuts of meat, fish, all veg, salads etc., cooking station too.
Hotel had a lovely pool which wasnt cold with a lovely swim up bar, this was lovely area. Hotel right on the beach and the beach is lovely and white. The only problem is if you want to go on beach and want an umbrella you need to be there by 6am as they go quickly and we did notice some people putting their towels around them at 5.30 the night before, I do think this should be stopped as its not their place for the whole holiday, give everybody a chance, we didnt have a problem as we were awake and done ours at 6am on the days we wanted the beach.
There is a 24 hour bar and eating place so never go hungry or thirstly, also have optics in the bedrooms.
I would definately recommend this hotel and Im sure I will be back, I do love the Riu chain and never had a problem.
It is safe to walk about outside the hotel day and evenings and some nice places close by to visit too.
Go and enjoy it, ignore the negative reviews, this is a great hotel and a fab Country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach