Firstly let me start by saying I do not know how this hotel has the palace status from Riu. We have stayed in better standard Riu hotels. This review will be as honest as you will find. Check in was quick and easy and first impressions were exciting. The room was in the "old block" as all the other blocks are suits. So the good first. The view was amazing, right across the Caribbean and overlooking the pool. Standard Riu stuff, big bed, tv, mini bar etc. however. This building is in need of routine mainenance. The paint was flaking, skirting coming off the walls, beds were stained ( base and mattress ) some mould in bathroom. There was a Juliette balcony which is as much use as a hand brake on a canoe. Access became a huge problem from day 5/6 as one of the lifts broke down, and still wasn't fixed by the time we left 8 days later.
Pool area was great, usual shortage if beds, plenty more on beach if you could handle being sand blasted. Bar tenders did an excellent job as did the drinks waitresses. But there were no cocktail menus anywhere in the hotel. So you had to make them up!
Restraunts were all well rehearsed, buffet offering a huge variety of food. All cooked to perfection. The 4 a la carte left us feeling a bit underwhelmed. Great service, great food, but small on choice and missing that personal touch.
There was literally no entertainment, apart from the resident singer, who was at best-average. Wifi only available in the lobby and was slow and intermittent.
All in all, not worthy of a palace status. So an average hotel in a fantastic location on one of the best islands in the Caribbean . Personally I would go to the raddison or the Hyatt if we decided to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach