Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$99
MVC Eagle Beach(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$458
$418
  • Pool
$459
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$445
$445
Travelocity
$350
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$299
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,613 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonall inclusivesnachosmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resorta la cartesnightly entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Let me begin by saying, I was apprehensive about booking this property, after reading some of the reviews, but, a friend of mine recommended it, so, I decided to go ahead. BOY, I am glad I did!! We got there way before check in time, so, predictably, our room wasn't ready. However, the girl at the front desk said she would let housekeeping know we had arrived so that they would prepare our room, asap. In fact, she said to check back in 30 mins or so. We went to get a cold drink, and, a bite to eat at the outdoor buffet, and, our room was ready when we finished. Within an hour of our arrival in Aruba, we were in our room, and, in our swim suits. When booking I requested a room in the A building, on an upper floor, with an ocean view. I received ALL of my requests. I read, over and over, that I would have to get up early and stake out the beach or pool to get a chair or umbrella. I didn't have a problem with either, and, I never went to get one before 9am. I read that I would have to stand in long lines to make dinner reservations. Again, I didn't experience this. In fact, the hub and I would get up whenever. Flip flop our way down to the beach or pool. Get our chairs and umbrellas situated. Head over to the breakfast buffet. After eating, make our way to the reservations desk, which by now is empty, and, make our dinner reservations. We were able to secure reservations, in 2 minutes, with no hassles. We only ate in the theme restaurants twice, at Nautilus Steakhouse, and, Milano, the Italian restaurant, but, enjoyed both meals very much. Any other meals we had on property were in the indoor buffet. I preferred the indoor buffet to the outdoor because Aruba is very windy, and, there are lots of birds. Don't leave your plate unattended, or, you might just see your lunch fly away! The staff was very attentive. They restocked our fridge everyday. We always had plenty of towels, and, we had turn down service everynight. Once we came in to find a large flower covered heart made out of towels that our housekeeper, Juana, made. What a nice little touch! We had late night room service, twice. The menu is limited, but, the club sandwich was good. There are 24 hour snacks in the Sports Bar too. A couple of times, when heading to our room for the night, we'd stop in there, and, grab a chicken salad sandwich, or, fruit salad to stick in the fridge in case of late night munchies. I advise you to bring your own insulated large cup, so you don't have to go back to the bar repeatedly. Although, if you're at the pool, waitresses come over to ask if you need anything all day long. Our room was spacious, clean, and, had a beautiful view, with a balcony. That rock hard bed thing is true, but, we got a mattress pad, and, were ok. We loved Riu, and, will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors in the A Building have beautiful views of both the pool and ocean.
7  Thank JCinSB
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Riu. Our room was spacious and clean with an ocean view. The staff was courteous and helpful; when we needed something, they were at our room in minutes. The waitresses around the pool consistently asked us if we wanted a beverage. We enjoyed both the pool and beach during the day and the casino and outside bar at night. There is free Wi Fi Internet access in the lobby, which was very helpful. Each room has a balcony with room for two chairs (not every hotel has this). I really was not sure if I should give the Riu a rating of 4 or 5--I actually would have picked 4.5 if I had the option! The food was plentiful and always available; it was good but not great. We enjoyed their breakfast and lunch but went to restaurants in town for dinner. The mattress in our room was as hard as a rock. (We later found out we could have asked for a mattress cover to soften it.) As another reviewer wrote, to get a hut on the beach, you have to go between 4:30-5:00 a.m. to reserve it. We ended up renting an umbrella for $25 for the one day we wanted shade. You can get chairs by the pool if you're out there by 8 or 9 a.m. Zumba by the pool was great! The music at the pool was lively; however, it was very loud and always had a Spanish or Latin flair, which grew tiresome--a variety would have been nice. I would stay at the Riu again, but my husband would like to try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ocean view was beautiful.
4  Thank Jean D
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I traveled to Aruba in March accompanying friends. This resort was an excellent choice. The all inclusive made it convenient and comfortable to stay within the hotel area for relaxation & meals and having high quality of service & food available. I did not try any of the specialty restaurants but the food at every buffet service was excellent for choices and quality. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eileen P
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Riu for our honeymoon March 19-23, 2012. We had a great time. Staff was very friendly, hotel grounds were absolutely beautiful. By far the best pool in Aruba (swim up bar, infinity pool, and lounge chairs in the pool). The bars made any drink you wanted and they were not cheap w/the liquor . It also happened to be my husbands birthday , (which we did not tell them, i assume they saw it on his passport?), and they had left a gift for him in our room-very sweet of them. The also left a little honeymoon gift in the room as well. Love the mini bar and stocked fridge in the rooms. The specialty Steakhouse restaurant was sooooooooo great! He had prime rib, I had the land and sea (surf n turf) and it was amazing. We went twice!
My ONLY complaint is that the bedwas AWEFUL! It was so hard I could have just slept on the tile floor. I've never slept on such a hard be in my life.
Overall looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Tower A on the 9th floor...amazing view and the balcony was extended farther out the the other floors. Tower C looked kinda crappy. Their balconies-only 1 person could stand out there at one time.
3  Thank KayGeeBronx_NY
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel was very nice. The room was very large and included a siiting area with a couch. We had a nice ocean view. The food was excellent and we enjoyed watching the Super Bowl in the very large lounge. Aruba has tons of excellent restaurants and when we go back to Aruba we are not staying at an all-inclusive resort. You feel obligated to eat at the resort because you paid for all of your meals so we never tried any of the restaurants on the island.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple