“Awesome NYE!”

Bugaloe Beach Bar & Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dinner, Drinks, Dancing and Chilling? Yes, it is all here. Enjoy the 360 degree sunset views from the bar while 3 nights a week the best live bands of the islands guarantee to make your hips move! Come in and sip on any of the 25 cocktails, and savor those Bugaloe Fries, your perfect evening is just a few steps away! Dance the Salsa on Wednesday, Sing-a-long on Karaoke Saturday or go Crazy on Crazy Fish Monday! Every Night is a good night here.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

had drinks here 3 out of 6 days in Aruba. The bartenders are awesome and very friendly! Excellent location to watch the boat tours come in and leave.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,223)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant is on a pier which is perfect for dining on the beach. I give it an excellent review because of the setting, the bar drinks, and the food.

Setting:
It's on a pier! The pier goes out into the ocean and you are surrounded by beautiful blue water as you dine. You can watch all of the boats going by and enjoy watching the water activity going on. It is a very casual place so you can dine wearing a bathing suit and cover up. This is not setup to be a "romantic dining for two" type of place, but it is perfect for casual dining and that is what my husband and I wanted in efforts to escape our hotel dining options. Also, the pier is open for everyone. You do not need to stay at a specific hotel in order to dine here.

Bar Drinks:
We ate here at least once a day on our 4-day trip and each day there was a $4 drink special, which is a great deal compared to the hotel drink prices. I was surprised at how good the drinks were! The bar tender was not stingy with the alcohol and the drinks taste very good. Our favorite was the peach daiquiri.

Food:
Upon entering a pier restaurant, I expected food such as chicken fingers, fries, and burgers. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety and depth of the menu! Our first meal was dinner and they had a special for that too! I had spare ribs, side salad and fries, which were all delicious and the ribs seemed to be slow cooked and very tender. My husband had the grilled shrimp dinner that came with garlic shrimp, mashed potatoes and veggies. I was very impressed with the large portion of food, the great taste of the food, and the high-quality presentation of the food. It was restaurant quality, which is not what I wood expect from a pier. I was pleasantly surprised. So again, we came back to the pier everyday we were in Aruba. We also enjoyed a grouper wrap, more grilled shrimp, tuna salad, and a snack platter with friend shrimp, calamari, onion rungs, crab wrap, etc.

The servers are very friendly, and be patient because the food is cooked to order with what seemed to be only a couple of folks in the kitchen. You are on an island so relax and enjoy the scenery while waiting on your food.

1  Thank Shelley B
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I read some of the reviews on this place. I just cannot believe it! The place is a dump. The service is horrible. It is a dirty, ugly and uncomfortable place. The food is awful. The drinks are the worst. The only good thing is that it is located on a pier. You should go to the pier, take pictures there and leave! Do not even try to get inside. There are several others bars and restaurants near the beach that are cleaner and nicer.

1  Thank JohnnyVincent
Kemmerling, Guest Relations Manager at Bugaloe Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review to communicate to us why Bugaloe did not meet your expectations. Can you please send me a private message (kemmerling@the-lab.nu) to explain your complaint?

Again, we would like to thank you for your feedback as it will help us provide better services.

Bugaloe Team

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a great place at the end of the pier, right next to the beach. The food was fantastic (Bugaloe fries and a grilled cheese with pesto and tomatoes...delicious!) Everyone at our table loved their meal and you can't beat the location.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A very pretty location on the pier close to the Radisson. Service could be spotty but the beer was cold, piña coladas great and I loved the goat cheese sandwich . What a view!