“Good food good value”

Scala Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual but sophisticated ideally located on the high rise strip on a sprawling corner of Paseo Herencia Mall. Scala is a bustling outdoor and indoor restaurant wich features two European trained chefs with Mediterranean and Caribbean influences. The bar offers a great variety of cocktails and martinis and for the wine lovers there is a very extensive wine list, both by glass as by the bottle. Scala is a dining experience you should not miss while visiting Aruba.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our server, Marissa, was very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Location was nice, sitting outside on the balcony on a beautiful warm Aruba night, watching people stroll below us. Food was tasty, really flavorful sauces, great hot fresh garlic bread and a generous glass of wine.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Food was tasty but nothing special. Prices were average for the island's fine restaurants, but the wine, salad and desserts were a good value. The service was outstanding but oh that Creme Brulee.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had various bad experiences eating out in Aruba. Poor service, mediocre yet expensive food. I am happy to say this restaurant ended up being our best find on our 5 day vacation. The service was efficient and our server was very friendly. The outside balcony seating was nice, and the food was very good. If we go back to Aruba we will certainly patronize this establishment again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

What a surprise. Found this by mistake and it was the best mistake we've ever made. Food was excellent and our server Marisa was excellent. Would recommend this to anyone. It was on the second floor and right in the midst of all the action of the street but quiet enough to have a conversation. Loved it.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was my ťhird time eating at Scala and I have never had a bad meal. Today I got Grouper and Shrimp with a side of safron rice. The safron rice is some of the best I have ever had ( don't tell my chef husband).

Everytime I go I sit outside and enjoy watching all the hustle and bustle of the high rise area. The staff is friendly and the resturant is clean and well maintained. Prices are a little expensive for American standards but are right in line with what you expect to spend in Aruba for a nice dinner.