My husband and I stayed one week in Playa Linda time share resort, rented from a family member. We loved the laid back atmosphere of the resort, we rented a studio apartment with a small kitchenette with two small cooking burners, fridge and toaster oven. On the second day of arrival we taxied to the local grocery store and purchased our food for a one weeks stay. I recommend doing this as some of the local restaurant can be quite expensive. Normally we vacation on a cruse or to an all inclusive resort so we were a bit unprepared for the extra costs of food. The local grocery store's ticketed items were in American as well as Aruban prices, beware of higher priced items as the island doesn't grow any local produce. The resort room was cleaned on a daily basis and the staff was very helpful. My husband purchased a weeks package for the internet, several wifi packages were available.
We really had no complaints however we thought that the resort needed a overall upgrade and larger size pool. The beach was beautiful and we travelled on a slow week (March30-April 6th) so finding lounge chairs and covered umbrella (Chickapee) was quite easy however I was told this wasn't the case in high season. It was very safe to walk either in the day or night and even by myself. Taxis are always available with a set price which was fair, we also travelled the bus service to the down town core which was affordable as well as enjoyable.
we wanted to book a Island tour the day prior however we missed the opportunity as it was solidly booked, so I recommend to book as soon as you arrive.
I also noticed that there were not too many activities available at this resort, and the gym had a dingy feeling so I decided to walk the beach or hotel strip instead and this was much more enjoyable.
There were a few couples with small children but generally the residents were middle aged and things quit down by 9pm. I will most likely go back to this resort ad I liked the low key atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Linda Beach Resort offers you all of the unspoiled pleasures of tropical island vacationing at it's best. Situated directly on World renowned white sand Palm Beach one of Aruba's finest and overlooking six miles of breathtaking Caribbean coastline. You'll especially enjoy the resort's swimming pool featuring a lovely waterfall and lush, tropical landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Linda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Linda Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Playa Linda Beach
- Playa Linda Aruba
- Playa Linda Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach