“Beautiful place with a warm breeze.”

Playa Linda Beach Resort
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful place with a warm breeze.”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed one week in Playa Linda time share resort, rented from a family member. We loved the laid back atmosphere of the resort, we rented a studio apartment with a small kitchenette with two small cooking burners, fridge and toaster oven. On the second day of arrival we taxied to the local grocery store and purchased our food for a one weeks stay. I recommend doing this as some of the local restaurant can be quite expensive. Normally we vacation on a cruse or to an all inclusive resort so we were a bit unprepared for the extra costs of food. The local grocery store's ticketed items were in American as well as Aruban prices, beware of higher priced items as the island doesn't grow any local produce. The resort room was cleaned on a daily basis and the staff was very helpful. My husband purchased a weeks package for the internet, several wifi packages were available.
We really had no complaints however we thought that the resort needed a overall upgrade and larger size pool. The beach was beautiful and we travelled on a slow week (March30-April 6th) so finding lounge chairs and covered umbrella (Chickapee) was quite easy however I was told this wasn't the case in high season. It was very safe to walk either in the day or night and even by myself. Taxis are always available with a set price which was fair, we also travelled the bus service to the down town core which was affordable as well as enjoyable.
we wanted to book a Island tour the day prior however we missed the opportunity as it was solidly booked, so I recommend to book as soon as you arrive.
I also noticed that there were not too many activities available at this resort, and the gym had a dingy feeling so I decided to walk the beach or hotel strip instead and this was much more enjoyable.
There were a few couples with small children but generally the residents were middle aged and things quit down by 9pm. I will most likely go back to this resort ad I liked the low key atmosphere.

Room Tip: I recommend the one bedroom that way you have a full service kitchen
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2014

On our first trip to Aruba in 1983,we bought time share here, not exactly knowing much. But, it has turned out to be one of the smartest and best things we ever did.We always enjoy our stay. The management is attentive as well as the staff. You cannot beat the location -right on the beach (and I think it is the best ). There is an incredible amount of restaurants and shopping, all within easy walking distance.

The Arubans are extremely outgoing and friendly. English is understood everywhere. Really, what' not to like !!!!

Room Tip: Really no bad rooms. Every room has a view of the ocean and a balcony..there are studios, one and tw...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent April 13 thru April 20 in room 448. This is my 25th year our staying at the Playa Linda. The reservation desk had excellent staff and housekeeping Felictas Cuesta-Colon and her supervisor Jolanda Roza were always keeping our room in clean condition and anything we needed they were there to help with our needs. The beach bar with Claudia, Saskia and Magdelana were always cheerful and their service was excellent. The Azzurro Restaurant with the manager Dennis have always produced a great meal with excellent service.
In summing up the Playa Linda is a great place to vacation in Aruba.

I am the owner of rooms 115, 448, 532 and 353.

Joseph DiGiulio

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Selmer, Tennessee
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights in the studio. It was fine for 2 or maybe 3. We had a full sized fridge, a cook top, small coffee pot and blender. There were plenty dishes/glassware etc. I did throw paper plates/cups/water mixers/snacks in my suitcases because I had the space. The room had a nice balcony but unfortunately we were on the first floor and did not have much view of the ocean. I asked to move but they were full. We did like being able to run back in easily and we just watched those beautiful sunsets from the beach or even from the Italian restaurant on site. We did not get up early for a chickee but had no problem getting 2 chairs either poolside or beachside one. We could always find a good place late afternoon on the beach. We mostly mixed our own margaritas but had a couple good drinks at the beach bar and the prices were good during happy hour. the liquor was about double what we pay in the states and we did not find every brand (especially mixers). The Dunkin Donuts and Smoothie Bar on site would have been a definite plus for our kids and grand kids. All in all we had nothing but good to say about the property and the staff!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the ocean view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed April 17, 2014

One of the best aparthotel i've stayed.
Best to stay in front row.
few night entertainment.
Very good beach, but too few shadows for the size of the hotel.
The bar that supports the beach is nice.
The bar that supports the pool is not so nice.

Room Tip: front line
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our recent trip to the Playa Linda was fantastic! The location, beach and service were top notch. We traveled with our 6 year old (boy/girl) twins who absolutely loved the kids club and begged to go every day. Techna and the other sweet woman who ran the kids club during our stay treated our children like they were family. The staff was amazing with them, loving and very caring. It was so nice for my husband and I to be able to relax and know that the kids were having such a great time as well. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Techna Wever in activities was excellent. She was so helpful when we needed to borrow any equipment or balls. She went out of her way to find what we requested and was so pleasant and friendly. She also personally assisted me when I needed to find one of the workout areas buy actually walking me down herself. I cannot say enough good things about her! Thank you Techna
The Perry family 4/5-4/12