“Another great vacation.”

Playa Linda Beach Resort
Ashby, Massachusetts
“Another great vacation.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Another great week at our home away from home.
Kurt(Playa Linda's Ambassador) always takes care of our needs when we are on the beach.
Yvette took care of our reservation needs as always.
Pefect weather and plenty of laughs with all of our Aruba family.
And to make it even better my son got engaged on the beach while we were there!!!
I cannot wait until next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am an owner at Playa Linda, and I look forward to coming every year. However with that being said I very upset at the conduct of the older regulars at the beach every morning. Many of them are here for several weeks at a time. I am aware and understand it is first come first served getting the chickees daily. So knowing that I would come down to the beach at 4:30 am each day to stay at a chickee. But to my surprise every front row chickee and several of the second row chickees had a folded towel put on each table daily, however no one was sitting at them. One morning I put my bags down on a table that was empty except for a folded towel. A nasty women peered over at me from the chickee next to mine. She told me someone was sitting there and I had to leave. I looked around at the beach at 4:30am and told the women I didn't see anyone, "Where was she?" There were only a hand full of people on the beach that were actually sitting at a chickee. All the rest of the front row tables were saved with a folded towel. I didn't want to have words with this women who bullied me, so I went to speak to a man that works at the beach. This nasty women came running after me telling me I had to take my bags. I spoke with security and several other people from Playa Linda and they pushed up security each morning following by removing all the towels from the empty tables before 6am. Each morning one women was seen putting a towel down at about 10 tables for her sleeping friends. It's just not right. People out there are selfish. I feel it's time for Playa Linda to step up to these people. Everyone is equal. The chickee rules in affect are not working. Playa Linda needs to have a new plan for assigning tables. Until this happens there will always be trouble on the beach. With all this being said, I was grateful to Playa Linda's security's response for taking steps to stop people from saving tables for their friends as well as their own. Please take my advise if you have the same problem go to security and they will handle the situation for you. The only problem is security needs to be consistent. I do hope however next year when I return to Playa Linda that they will have a new plan for fairly saving chickees. I still love Playa Linda even though there are gangs saving chickees on the beach.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 444Fran
Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had another wonderful vacation at the Playa Linda with the most perfect weather. Our beach guys Tommy and Kurt took care of us everyday and couldn't be nicer. Arlene and Bart at the Azzuro bar alway greet us with a warm welcome back making sure we have everything we need and the Boston sports on the TV. Kadeem and Dennis make eating at Azzuro's like being in your own home, meals are Fabulous. Felcitia took care of our room to perfection we look forward to seeing her every year, and if you need a reservation Yvette is right there with many suggestions and leaves you a message with all the information you need. We can't thingk fo a better place to vacation, the countdown starts as soon as we get home!!

Room Tip: looking for a view of the ocean pick above the 3rd floor
Grecia, Costa Rica
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had the best Honey Moon!! Great hotel, amazing beach and the water was perfect, People are very nice, it's very quiet, very romantic, Go to book trips with Olga at DelphiWaterSport. You can find her on the beach or you also can ask at the desk, She is a very nice person and she makes sure that your trip booked with her is an amazing experience.

The rooms are perfect, cool and clean and with an amazing view of the sunset. Food is good, try the crab cakes!! For the perfect romantic dinner go to Passion Restaurant on the beach..like a fairy tale night!

Thanks Playa Linda for a great honeymoon. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Voorheesville, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

had a great time again at the playa linda resort. Was very easy to rent a week off of a member and the staff took great care of us all week.
The location of this resort is excellent and it made it easy to have everything we needed just across the street.
The dushi Bagel on sight served excellent breakfast each day .
The only issue we had during the week was WI FI service. The system was very erratic and we had to keep logging on to get it to work.

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed at this resort over the past 15 years thanks to my parents timeshares. However this was the first time staying without my family, and with my husband on our honeymoon. We had a studio which was perfectly perfect for our needs.

Our room was ready when we arrived to the resort at about 2pm. I was not expecting this, as there were a bunch of rooms still left to be cleaned when we checked in. Our room was on a high floor, facing the pool and ocean which was wonderful. We spent many, many hours on our balcony just enjoying the view and drinks.

We knew of the chickee debacle from our past years, so I got up at about 4:30 every morning just to get a perfect spot. I know this seems crazy, but we knew what to expect going into our trip, add it was a wonderfully quiet, relaxed time. Well....that is until a few other "regulars" showed up. Every morning, a group of retirees would come and monopolize multiple huts, talking at yelling decibels complete with obscenities, watching shows on devices without headphones at loud volumes, etc. The lack of regard for others around them baffled me daily, and even as a young 20-something from the tri-state area I found myself despising the Jersey and nyc accents yelling in my ear all morning. This was a complete downside to our trip, which is the only reason I gave 4 stars.

Although they came and took our room number at 6am, we found that the beach boys didn't bring the lounges until close to 7 most mornings. It's completely unnecessary and a waste of time for those waiting, frankly. A better timed conjunction of the two would help. We would then go nap in our room until 9am and come back down for the day.

We bought our lunch groceries at a close supermarket, which we took a cab to. It saved us a ton of money and let us spend more time on our wonderful balcony.

Azzuro was WONDERFUL!!! Awesome view of the sunset and tasty food.

Overall, we knew what to expect and weren't coming for a full-amenity resort. It was wonderful, relaxing, and the beach was perfect. Bring your own rafts to blow up by the kids club and use them all week! It's unfortunate that others demeanor and lack of concern for others around us soured many of our mornings, but living in the tri-state area, I guess it's (unfortunately) what you have to expect.

We will be back to Playa Linda for many more years on one happy island!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CT88
Walt Disney World, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

the place is a little dated , the shower in 143 needs to be painted , the pool needs to be repaired around the edge and some small repairs here and there. The housekeeping staff is 1st rate and for the most part so is the front desk staff. The room was a little small kitchen and dining area is mall the one bedroom was ok , no window no view .

Room Tip: try and get the higher floors for a better view
2 Thank kellygrandpa