New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“The employees are like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Linda Beach Resort

Playa Linda Beach Resort
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“The employees are like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been a member at Playa Linda for 25 years. Everyone who is part of our family has always done their best at their job but I would like you to know of a special circumstance that arose and your employee went above & beyond to help me.

My son and daughter-in-law left their room on 3/17 and headed to the airport. Upon arriving at the airport they realized that my daughter-in-law had forgotten her computer and her small carry on suitcase in the room. She needed the computer for work. They called the Playa Linda, somehow they found me on the beach, they retrieved the computer & suitcase and Walter Mohamed in the Security office had it. As I ran by the front desk to the security office my son was on the phone. I assured him that I would bring the items to him at the airport. The fact that your employees know the members helped the whole situation, making it possible for me to communicate to my son what was going on. I then proceeded to Walter Mohamed's office. At this point I was frazzled and some what frantic from running all over. He immediately tried to help me. I told him that I would get a taxi and ask the taxi driver to deliver it to the airport where my son was waiting for it. He immediately said no I will bring it to him myself to be sure nothing else happens. I said several times to him "are you sure" he said "yes" and asked me to describe my son and Walter was on his way.

His helpfulness gave me peace of mind and I was able to continue to enjoy my day. He is an outstanding employee and should be recognized for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank carolyn b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Playa LInda Resort on Palm Beach Aruba and were extremely happy with everything. The location is the perfect and in the center of everything; restaurants, shopping, beach bars, beach, pool, health club and food markets.
The cleaning women was amazing and friendly and I have to say it was one of the cleanest time share properties I have ever been to.
I would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: The beach view was beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie N
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for a week in a Lanai suite. It's just a walk down from the beach and convenient location to shops and restaurants. It felt like home, there wasn't an overload of people staying there like at The Westin or a big commercial shopping center in the lobby.

We could always find space in the pool, hot tub and beach.
The kitchen was big and we put it to good use, we had 2 bathrooms and the master had it's own. I liked the layout of the building everything is accessible, we had 3 entrances, did no waiting in lobbies for elevators and there were many exits to the parking lot. The only thing this place lacks is better towels which isn't that bad, it could be worse like the musty smell at The Westin. Playa Linda had a washer/dryer and a very busy aerobics schedule. I did Zumba, pool aerobics and Pilates, all great classes but bring you own towel to Pilates. The cleaning staff was great and friendly. We stayed at The Westin the last day and their really is no comparison!

Room Tip: Ask about which side you're on to get the shortest walk to beach and best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank bpelle
Monroe Twp., NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time at Playa Linda and we will definately return! Stayed in a 1 bedroom which was very clean and comfortable. The regular timeshare owners could not be any nicer. Always willing to give us tips on how to book our room for next year. The beach bar is the best on the Island! All the girls make you feel so welcome when you arrive. Myla is the absolute best - miss her already! Sassy you will be hearing from me. I would definately recommend this resort to anyone. We stayed at the Hyatt last year and there is no comparison - Playa Linda is so much more fun and at half the cost. The hotel staff could not be nicer and more helpful. The only problem is trying to get a chickie - I am on vacation and getting up at 6 am is absolutely crazy, they should find a solution to this problem! But thats the only thing to complain about .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Pat K
Middleton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just returned from a week in Aruba at Playa Linda. It is a very nice, clean and well kept hotel/timeshare unit. All was great (beach, room, location etc). The only thing that needs work is the people who have been going there for years because they own timeshare there. To say the "owners" are less than friendly is an understatement. All of the people who work there are fantastic and the location is second to none. If the people who think they own the place were a little nicer and more courteous to us "renters" we might return for another visit. Overall the place is fantastic but some of the grouchy "regulars" need to realize that they don't have to ruin a renter's fun by being a jerk. Also, some of these "people" get up at 2AM and stake out their favorite "chickie hut" for the upcoming day. How ridiculous is it to be on vacation and get up at 2AM so you can have a "chickie" in the first row at the beach. We went to the pool every day and got a "chickie" at 8AM. I would recommend the place because it has so many positive features. Simply put, the longstanding timeshare owners "stink".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bostonmike0194901923
Middletown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our second year as owners & you can't beat it. Everything about this place is absolutely wonderful. The room, the pool area, the beach all beautiful! The beach bar & the staff are incredible, friendly people who make you feel very welcomed. I would recommend the Playa Linda to everyone. Have to give Miss Myla at the beach bar a huge shout out!!! Excellent service & always with a smile :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen K
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in a 2BR/2Bath oceanfront room in the playa linda during President's week. This was our first time staying in a timeshare unit (we found the unit on the playa linda website under Timeshares for rent). I was hesitant at first, thinking that it wouldn't have a "resort feel". I couldn't have been more wrong. The grounds and common areas are beautiful. our room was enormous with a huge oceanfront balcony. I would never have been able to afford a room like this at they hyatt (if one even exists!).

Playa linda is next store to the Hyatt and in the center of all the action (stores, bars, restaurants) across the street. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: all two bedrooms are oceanfront
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family