1,410 results
All reviews kids club love playa pool aerobics day bed home away from home time share scott's brats front row timeshare owners year after year one bedroom unit the location is perfect dunkin donuts full kitchen main pool great vacation restaurants and shops
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was our tenth trip to Aruba
5 times hyatt
2 times radisson
1 time aruba grand
1 time allegro
First time in the Playa linda
Had a studio on the first floor
Room was very nice ,clean and comfortable , but had one problem
Roaches!
Killed three and when told management about it all they said they can do is send someone to spray
Really ruined our trip
I now realize that food attracts roaches so i assume rooms with kitchens have this problem
I will never rent another timeshare again

Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank ladee_11
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Playa Linda had everything that we wanted. Check in was smooth. The 1 bedroom suite was immaculate. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, utensils, dishwasher and full size fridge. Housekeeping service was excellent. We had a great view of the pool area from the covered balcony and a partially obstructed view of the ocean through the palm trees due to the 2nd floor location. The pool and beach areas were meticulously maintained. There were plenty of loungechairs available at both areas and the "chickee" huts are available for free at the beach if you get there early enough. There were beach attendants and waiters/waitresses to serve us all day long. Directly across from the hotel are all the restaurants and shops you could need. Smokey Joes Ribs was the best place to eat. Unless you want to tour the island you really do not need a car. (there was a little renovation work going on around the complex. I guess it needs to get done sometime)

So to reiterate:
Very Fun

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank C5585ETjoef
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Aruba and had a great time. The Playa Linda was a nice resort, but I agree that it wasn't 5 star. We stayed in a studio room timeshare with a full size fridge, two burners, microwave, sink, blender, toaster oven, pull-out couch, coffee table, small table with four chairs, the bed, and of course, the bathroom with a walk-in shower. My husband and I bought food to make because it can be quite expensive to eat out around the area. The room had been updated with new furnishings, but you could tell the room itself was old; there were a few spots where paint was chipping off the walls, and the bathroom door was rotting just a little bit at the bottom. In general, it was decent, though. The balcony was a decent size and had a pretty good view. The staff was pretty helpful when I asked them questions. The resort offers varying activities each day; I did the water aerobics and my husband and I played bingo one day. The lady that ran these activities was really nice. They also offer a lot of activities for kids and teens. The pool is not that big, but the beach area is nice. My husband and I really didn't have much of a problem getting a chickee as I know some people did. I don't know if it's because of the time of year we visited, or because my husband and I were late risers, but we were always able to find a vacant one. The location of the resort is great because there are many shops and restaurants around, as well as a mall. However, I have a feeling they jack up the prices, so I suggest going into Oranjestad to buy souvenirs and buy groceries to eat in your hotel room. Also, the grocery store isn't that close, so you'll need to catch a cab or take the bus. All in all, my husband and I had a great time and liked the resort, but if we go back, I'd like to check out another resort.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank peacegirl80
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have visited Aruba 4 times and found the Island very nice to visit.
However, it seems that Aruba business as well as government has adapted the old 3 world country attitude. The rich American concept, food, and entertainment prices have grown to exceed those find in Big Island Hawaii. I learned that they feel in Aruba that we as Americans will pay whatever the cost simply because we are on vacation. Well all American’s are not rich nor are they un-educated to what things really cost. Lastly which is what prompted my comments, Playa Linda Aruba, this place looks like a dream on the outside. But the rooms are old and out dated, they turn the AC off one day during the week to save money, all while they charge you a surcharge for electricity. The front desk staff is very unfriendly if you have a problem with anything. They also charge more for daily fees then better resorts on the Island for less value. I was truly taken back with the fact that they tried to charge me $30 for a internet access, when it clearly stated online that it came standard with the room.
In short, take plenty money or food with you, and stay clear of Playa Linda.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Raulsv
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was our 7th year back to Playa Linda. Its a timeshare, we do not own, we always book from owners. We tried visiting other hotels on other islands and also on Aruba and keep coming back here. Its just way to comfortable and relaxing....best part of the beach on the whole island...the best views, the best restaurants, calm waters, great friends that keep coming back, great staff, great coffee. Nothing over the top special about it, its just comfortable for families. We tried the Marriott up the beach, ugh it was like Disney world in Aruba, hated it. We like the Radisson on the other end but its very touristy. The Playa Linda attracts the same family crowd every year so when your kids make friends they meet up again the following year, forever:) There are families that have been going to PL for over 20/30 years and the kids are grown and still coming back!! That should explain it right there. Order a pizza, bring down cocktails and catch the sunset on the beach!! See ya next year PL!!

Room tip: Pool is smaller than most resorts. Each condo has a full kitchen, we have only used the refrigerator. Don't miss the sunset!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family