1,376 results
All reviews kids club love playa home away from home pool aerobics day bed time share scott's brats within walking distance front row one bedroom unit timeshare owners year after year pool deck the location is perfect dunkin donuts main pool full kitchen
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Aruba and had a great time. The Playa Linda was a nice resort, but I agree that it wasn't 5 star. We stayed in a studio room timeshare with a full size fridge, two burners, microwave, sink, blender, toaster oven, pull-out couch, coffee table, small table with four chairs, the bed, and of course, the bathroom with a walk-in shower. My husband and I bought food to make because it can be quite expensive to eat out around the area. The room had been updated with new furnishings, but you could tell the room itself was old; there were a few spots where paint was chipping off the walls, and the bathroom door was rotting just a little bit at the bottom. In general, it was decent, though. The balcony was a decent size and had a pretty good view. The staff was pretty helpful when I asked them questions. The resort offers varying activities each day; I did the water aerobics and my husband and I played bingo one day. The lady that ran these activities was really nice. They also offer a lot of activities for kids and teens. The pool is not that big, but the beach area is nice. My husband and I really didn't have much of a problem getting a chickee as I know some people did. I don't know if it's because of the time of year we visited, or because my husband and I were late risers, but we were always able to find a vacant one. The location of the resort is great because there are many shops and restaurants around, as well as a mall. However, I have a feeling they jack up the prices, so I suggest going into Oranjestad to buy souvenirs and buy groceries to eat in your hotel room. Also, the grocery store isn't that close, so you'll need to catch a cab or take the bus. All in all, my husband and I had a great time and liked the resort, but if we go back, I'd like to check out another resort.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peacegirl80
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have visited Aruba 4 times and found the Island very nice to visit.
However, it seems that Aruba business as well as government has adapted the old 3 world country attitude. The rich American concept, food, and entertainment prices have grown to exceed those find in Big Island Hawaii. I learned that they feel in Aruba that we as Americans will pay whatever the cost simply because we are on vacation. Well all American’s are not rich nor are they un-educated to what things really cost. Lastly which is what prompted my comments, Playa Linda Aruba, this place looks like a dream on the outside. But the rooms are old and out dated, they turn the AC off one day during the week to save money, all while they charge you a surcharge for electricity. The front desk staff is very unfriendly if you have a problem with anything. They also charge more for daily fees then better resorts on the Island for less value. I was truly taken back with the fact that they tried to charge me $30 for a internet access, when it clearly stated online that it came standard with the room.
In short, take plenty money or food with you, and stay clear of Playa Linda.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Raulsv
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was our 7th year back to Playa Linda. Its a timeshare, we do not own, we always book from owners. We tried visiting other hotels on other islands and also on Aruba and keep coming back here. Its just way to comfortable and relaxing....best part of the beach on the whole island...the best views, the best restaurants, calm waters, great friends that keep coming back, great staff, great coffee. Nothing over the top special about it, its just comfortable for families. We tried the Marriott up the beach, ugh it was like Disney world in Aruba, hated it. We like the Radisson on the other end but its very touristy. The Playa Linda attracts the same family crowd every year so when your kids make friends they meet up again the following year, forever:) There are families that have been going to PL for over 20/30 years and the kids are grown and still coming back!! That should explain it right there. Order a pizza, bring down cocktails and catch the sunset on the beach!! See ya next year PL!!

Room Tip: Pool is smaller than most resorts. Each condo has a full kitchen, we have only used the refrigerator. Don't miss the sunset!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank fly2play
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed at the Playa Linda Resort, June 19-26 in Unit 231 with a friend who has been staying there for years. The unit was in good shape. The only thing that needed work was the bathroom door needed to be adjusted. The unit was a one bedroom (could sleep five using the sofa bed and day bed) with an ocean view over the pool area. It was well outfitted and my friend fixed several meals in the kitchen. Had two flatscreen tv's and you can purchase wifi cards for use with your laptops on the property. There was also an internet access company in the lobby if you don't want to pack your laptop. My Blackberry worked everywhere on the property. All of the public areas were clean and well maintained and all of the staff was very friendly and professional. The pool and beach had enough ckickees (palapas) that everyone was able to find shade, if needed from the strong Aruban sun.The beach in front of the resort was beautiful and clean.

There are so many bars and restaurants in the immediate area that I will not list them, but here are a few. The Dunkin Donuts/Baskins Robbins right on the beach was terrific for early risers. Dushi Bagels and Burgers was great for a casual lunch. Azzurro Ristorante Italiano was fantastic the night we ate there. We liked Amuse Bistro so well that we ate there two nights in a row. If the chef has cherry ice cream on the menu, don't miss it! We also ate lunch at Cafe Belgium at the shopping mall nearby and it was good. My friends had dinner the week before at Texas de Brazil accross the street and said it was extremely good.

Since this is a condo property there were a number of families with children, but they were all well behaved at the pool and the beach. The week I was there, the crowd was pretty sedate, so if you are looking to party hard or hook up with someone, this is probably not the resort for you. It was perfect for us, a perfect "chill pill" vacation for the stressed professional. We sunned, swam, drank, ate and got really relaxed. Hated to leave.

We did a half day tour of Aruba with another friend and I have to say that for a desert caribbean island it is a beautiful island, very clean and well organized. Everyone spoke fluent English and accepted US dollars. I found it refreshing also, that no one tried to sell me anything on the beach or approached me to sell timeshares the entire time I was in Aruba. Hated to leave.

I flew from Dallas through Miami. I understand there is a flight from Houston every Saturday, so next time I will go through Houston.

Room Tip: All rooms have at least a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BryansBabe
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel was fine for families as most of the guests were there with kids. If you didn't have kids then the property was "just okay". The beach was fine but the sounds of jackhammering at the hotel drove us away from it. Nothing like the tranquility of the ocean with construction sounds all around. It wasn't for us, but if you have kids, it may be for you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple