My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Aruba and had a great time. The Playa Linda was a nice resort, but I agree that it wasn't 5 star. We stayed in a studio room timeshare with a full size fridge, two burners, microwave, sink, blender, toaster oven, pull-out couch, coffee table, small table with four chairs, the bed, and of course, the bathroom with a walk-in shower. My husband and I bought food to make because it can be quite expensive to eat out around the area. The room had been updated with new furnishings, but you could tell the room itself was old; there were a few spots where paint was chipping off the walls, and the bathroom door was rotting just a little bit at the bottom. In general, it was decent, though. The balcony was a decent size and had a pretty good view. The staff was pretty helpful when I asked them questions. The resort offers varying activities each day; I did the water aerobics and my husband and I played bingo one day. The lady that ran these activities was really nice. They also offer a lot of activities for kids and teens. The pool is not that big, but the beach area is nice. My husband and I really didn't have much of a problem getting a chickee as I know some people did. I don't know if it's because of the time of year we visited, or because my husband and I were late risers, but we were always able to find a vacant one. The location of the resort is great because there are many shops and restaurants around, as well as a mall. However, I have a feeling they jack up the prices, so I suggest going into Oranjestad to buy souvenirs and buy groceries to eat in your hotel room. Also, the grocery store isn't that close, so you'll need to catch a cab or take the bus. All in all, my husband and I had a great time and liked the resort, but if we go back, I'd like to check out another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Linda Beach Resort offers you all of the unspoiled pleasures of tropical island vacationing at it's best. Situated directly on World renowned white sand Palm Beach one of Aruba's finest and overlooking six miles of breathtaking Caribbean coastline. You'll especially enjoy the resort's swimming pool featuring a lovely waterfall and lush, tropical landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Vacatia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Linda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Linda Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Playa Linda Beach
- Playa Linda Aruba
- Playa Linda Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach