1,349 results
All reviewskids clublove playahome away from homepool aerobicsday bedtime sharescott's bratswithin walking distancefront rowone bedroom unittimeshare ownersyear after yearpool deckthe location is perfectdunkin donutsmain poolfull kitchen
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed at the Playa Linda Resort, June 19-26 in Unit 231 with a friend who has been staying there for years. The unit was in good shape. The only thing that needed work was the bathroom door needed to be adjusted. The unit was a one bedroom (could sleep five using the sofa bed and day bed) with an ocean view over the pool area. It was well outfitted and my friend fixed several meals in the kitchen. Had two flatscreen tv's and you can purchase wifi cards for use with your laptops on the property. There was also an internet access company in the lobby if you don't want to pack your laptop. My Blackberry worked everywhere on the property. All of the public areas were clean and well maintained and all of the staff was very friendly and professional. The pool and beach had enough ckickees (palapas) that everyone was able to find shade, if needed from the strong Aruban sun.The beach in front of the resort was beautiful and clean.

There are so many bars and restaurants in the immediate area that I will not list them, but here are a few. The Dunkin Donuts/Baskins Robbins right on the beach was terrific for early risers. Dushi Bagels and Burgers was great for a casual lunch. Azzurro Ristorante Italiano was fantastic the night we ate there. We liked Amuse Bistro so well that we ate there two nights in a row. If the chef has cherry ice cream on the menu, don't miss it! We also ate lunch at Cafe Belgium at the shopping mall nearby and it was good. My friends had dinner the week before at Texas de Brazil accross the street and said it was extremely good.

Since this is a condo property there were a number of families with children, but they were all well behaved at the pool and the beach. The week I was there, the crowd was pretty sedate, so if you are looking to party hard or hook up with someone, this is probably not the resort for you. It was perfect for us, a perfect "chill pill" vacation for the stressed professional. We sunned, swam, drank, ate and got really relaxed. Hated to leave.

We did a half day tour of Aruba with another friend and I have to say that for a desert caribbean island it is a beautiful island, very clean and well organized. Everyone spoke fluent English and accepted US dollars. I found it refreshing also, that no one tried to sell me anything on the beach or approached me to sell timeshares the entire time I was in Aruba. Hated to leave.

I flew from Dallas through Miami. I understand there is a flight from Houston every Saturday, so next time I will go through Houston.

Room Tip: All rooms have at least a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BryansBabe
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel was fine for families as most of the guests were there with kids. If you didn't have kids then the property was "just okay". The beach was fine but the sounds of jackhammering at the hotel drove us away from it. Nothing like the tranquility of the ocean with construction sounds all around. It wasn't for us, but if you have kids, it may be for you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DonnaF14
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We rented the townhouse on this resort from a timeshare owner. The room was impressive, (granite countertops, nice furniture, beautiful tile) cleaning service daily except Thursdays, kids club on site with daily activities and night time theme nights for the kids 3 times a week which gave us the opportunity to enjoy adult only dinner from 7-10 p.m.!!!! The beach was of course beautiful, warm water, sandy and clean. Resort pool has a zero depth entry which was great for the younger ones. Rooms are equipped with stove and refrigerator and even the smallest studio was larger than a normal hotel room. We don't want to stay anywhere else, most certainly our home away from home!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Momofthree006
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Everything about our trip is amazing..location, rooms, food, weather but, if i had to say one bad thing about Playa Linda is that the hunts on the beach need to be reserved very early in the morning at like 5:00am otherwise you cannot sit by the beach....I felt that getting up early on our vacation was not a pleasant feeling...compeeting against all the old folks that get up soooo early to reserve the hunts was not a fun!! The resort should have priority reserves for the families that have kids so that they may watch over them closly by the beach for safety reasons. Otherwise, this is the Mercedez of all the hotels in Aruba!!! Can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Daniella P
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Playa Linda Beach Resort is one of the best hotels in Aruba. It sits on the best stretch of Palm Beach next to the Hyatt Hotel. All the rooms have been refurbished this year and are wonderful. The rooms are very clean and appliances are new. All units have either a kitchenette (studios) or full kitchens. The beach is a few steps from the hotel. This beach is the best in Aruba!! Water is calm and a beautiful turquoise color - almost doesn't look real from the balcony! The pool here has recently been upgraded and has a waterfall.
They have many amenities here including manager's cocktail night, barbeque night, 3 restaurants, happy hour on the beach, etc. etc.
I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel as I really could not find anything wrong with it! You will not be disappointed if you stay here!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends