Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aruba Beach Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Casa Del Mar Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Costa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort(Oranjestad)
  • Breakfast included
MVC Eagle Beach(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
2,688 results
All reviewspega pegaike's bistrofrench steakhousechop houseana mariaorange flaghigh rise areadel solall inclusive planall inclusive packageour honeymoonhappy hourgarden viewcouples massagerelaxing vacationrain showerlow key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room was clean, comfortable, and in a great location. Staff was excellent especially when I left my briefcase on the bus and they went above and beyond to help me retrieve it. The beach at this hotel is beyond belief - soft sand and clear water. I attended a wedding here and every detail was taken care of to perfection. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room but I prefer second floor (there are only 2) with ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karl M
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Undisputed, Manchebo beach is the most beautiful beach of the island. The Hotel is located in the bend right on the broadest point. The view is unrestricted from any location in the grounds. The rooms are beautifully renovated, if you are on the ground floor (seaview), as we were, you can walk out of your room straight to the beach.

On the beach there are more than enough large umbrella’s, lots of room, and always someone there to get you a bed or a chair. If you walk along the beach and look at the other hotels you really appreciate the space. Besides the beds/chairs you get an orange flag: if you want something to eat or drink just “plant the flag” and someone will come.

All this is great and warrants a 5-star recommendation. So, why only 3?

The renovation of the rooms is fine but taking a shower requires a lot of cleaning up afterwards. The shower looks great and works fine but my advice is to stand on a towel while taking a shower. You need to clean up anyway, if you don’t want keep the floor completely wet, so you might as well do some damage control beforehand.

The poolside restaurant is average at best. Location of the hotel is great and at the beach, why have the restaurant around the pool? The beach bar, also location for lunch, is not yet renovated and it shows. Choice is limited, quality “nothing wrong” but that gets boring, staff always very kind but often not very interested.

While we were there they were renovating the restaurant bar so, besides that we experienced a lot of drilling, I can’t comment on that. There is also a steak restaurant, complete inside, we didn’t visit.

All in all, would I come back: yes, probably, but I hope the renovations are then complete.

Room Tip: Sea view and ground floor make the stay real nice. If you get room number 1 to 3 you are out of luck. Yes, they have sea view and are on the ground floor but behind the Spa…
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank GeeeBeeeBeee
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just returned from 4 days at the Manchebo for my son' s wedding. first trip to Aruba. Staff is among the best I have ever experienced in my world travels. Tamara at the front desk called a friend to get the cell number for a bus driver when an item was left on the bus. Staff were all helpful in confirming tour pick times, and friendly. Hotel,is just a few hundred feet from an excellent restaurant Matthews. Matthews is a great place and very reasonably priced for breakfast and dinner. Manchebo is located across the street from Dunkin donuts, and a small market. Bus to downtown is next to the casino, cost is $2.20US each way.
Hotel room has hair dryer, makeup mirror and robes, save your space in you suitcase and leave them at home.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are nice, second floor rooms have nice balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JanWP
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was my second time to the Happy Island. First visit was in '98 in the high rise district, and a LOT has changed since then. The island itself is much more built up, with a busy downtown and a busy nightlife in the high-rise district. Not that any of this is a bad thing whatsoever, it's just different now. Still a safe, great place to relax and eat delicious food. On to the resort....my buddy and his wife stayed next door at Bucuti and Tara about a year prior and ranted and raved about it. Since B&T is booked some 6 months in advance, he mentioned we try out Manchebo. He visited Manchebo while he was staying at Bucuti and had dinner at the French Steakhouse. He commented that the place looked really nice in comparison, and the food was great. We took heed to his advice and decided to stay at Manchebo in the low rise district. We couldn't have been happier. The service was outstanding and we were always greeted with warm smiles. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The food was incredible. I had the grouper several times at the Steakhouse, as it was probably the best grouper dish I've ever had. Not to mention that the surf and turf in the Bistro was amazing. The room was great with a nice view of Eagle Beach. If I could change anything, it would simply be to have top sheets on the beds. Even with the AC on, sometimes we got a little hot throughout the night with just the comforter available to use as a cover. The shower was nice but the floor does get a little wet throughout the bathroom since there's no tub, just a curtain separating the shower from the remainder of the room. Trust me, the "rain showerhead" more than made up for it, very nice! The beach view was outstanding, the spa was truly relaxing, yoga in the a.m. was a nice touch, and the daily entertainment completely gave us the "island feel" as the gentlemen on the calypso a couple of nights made us feel right in the heart of the Caribbean. The fitness center was lacking in variety of equipment, there was one multi-station unit, maybe one treadmill, a bench, and a rack of dumbbells that I think maxed out at the 60s. Not that we were looking for a full service gym. All in all, this was a wonderful place to relax and unwind from the daily rush back home. We will most certainly be back. Kudos Machebo, we've missed you since we boarded the plane back home!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrSandman007
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We've had many trips over several years to this great resort.
We are almost afraid to write this review as Manchebo is getting more popular every year!
We love seeing the same friendly faces and staff year after year.
The rooms (and the resort itself)
have been upgraded to an understated elegance....all the special little touches ensure a welcoming environment.
We were greeted with refreshing
drinks and a cool hand towel as we arrived at the desk for check in; and sad as we were to leave, a nice little lunch bag (was given upon departure) helped us to survive the plane ride home .
The Manager's cocktail party was much improved (from years past) offering great appetizers and healthy options.
Too many wonderful employees to mention, but everyone was friendly, efficient and fun...it's like coming home to family.
Thanks again for another awesome stay!

• Stayed: April 2014