2,962 results
All reviews pega pega ike's bistro chop house ana maria orange flag omakase high rise area del sol all inclusive package all inclusive plan our honeymoon small cooler garden view happy hour couples massage low key fish tacos
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just back from the best wedding anniversary trip -- Aruba is gorgeous, fun, balmy, hospitable, laid-back, adventurous and just all-around wonderful. Manchebo Resort was the perfect place to enjoy everything Aruba had to offer -- with the most pristine beach directly at our hotel room's back door (after our private patio that is) and always several available cabanas, gracious service from all staff (from serving drinks on the beach to bringing forgotten toiletries to the room) and every care taken care of, I could not ask for a better stay. Manchebo was exactly what we were looking for -- all the amenities but very relaxed atmosphere. They gave us great recommendations, arranged our reservations for us, made every extra effort with a smile...they have yoga (and pilates) onsite in a breezy pavilion over the beach where you can feel the wind and listen to the waves -- a wonderful way to start the day. I'd go back to Manchebo in a heartbeat. It was as pretty as in the pictures and even better in person. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I'm still so relaxed from the vacation...

Date of stay: April 2014
3  Thank Sail_Ski_Sun
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I would like to preface this by saying I am a Type A control freak to the MAX. After we booked the Manchebo for our wedding, I got a bit nervous. I read reviews about wedding coordinators/vendors in Aruba not responding for days or weeks at a time, because they function on “island time.” I thought for sure I was in for a stressful wedding planning process.

I am so relieved to say I had the exact opposite experience, mostly because the wedding coordinator at Manchebo, Nyoka, is AMAZING! She answered all my questions in a timely fashion (and believe me, I had a ton) and really made our wedding run as smoothly as possible.

On the day of our wedding, when it was time for me to make my way down to the beach for the ceremony, Nyoka came into the room out of breath, because she had just run down the beach to ask some other guests to move, as their chairs were set up directly in front of our wedding and would have been visible in all of our pictures.

When I got sick during our honeymoon (while we were staying at a different resort), Nyoka actually brought me orange juice and cough drops as she was delivering our wedding documents. In short, she is an incredible asset and made our wedding (and our trip to Aruba) easier than I could have ever imagined and I cannot thank her enough.

As for the resort itself, we chose Manchebo mainly because of aesthetics. We had actually never been there before, but the photos we saw were beautiful. I was delightfully surprised that it lived up to its photos. It is a beautiful resort, from the spacious rooms and the pavilion to the beach and the spa. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, from the moment we checked in until the moment we left. The beach was wonderful; tons of palapas, well spaced out, so you don’t feel congested or too close to other guests, which is definitely not the case for all the low-rise resorts.

We didn’t do the all-inclusive option, but did eat breakfast and lunch here some days. The food was decent; typical resort fare, which we expected. The bartenders were wonderful as well- attentive and friendly.

Like another poster said, there isn’t a ton of stuff going on at night, so if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing stay without a ton of children running around, this is your place.

We actually left the day after our wedding, to spend our honeymoon at a different resort and regretted it from the moment we checked into the new hotel. I work in PR and Customer Service and have to say, Manchebo gets it right from all angles. Keep up the great work! You have two new customers for life!

3  Thank Kim C
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I just stayed at Manchebo Beach Resort from March 26-April 2 and what a nice relaxing resort. The staff was great from the front desk down to the maid service and to Angel who got us our beach lounges and hut, what a nice young man. This resort was recently updated and we had a room with a king bed, ocean view with a small balcony which was fine with us. The bathroom is a little tricky, although small, they do have shelves for your toiletries but it's all one room, the shower has no ledge around it to separate it so you have to put down a towel at the edge of the shower curtain so the water does not splash into the other part of the bathroom area. The floor is slanted toward this long drain and it does work but I have no idea why they would remodel a bathroom this way. The waterfall shower was great though. The beach is huge and you do not have to reserve a hut as there are plenty available and the beach is never crowded like up in the high rise area. Do get the old yellow lounges if you can as the new ones are very hard to sit on. You can walk forever on this beach however the week we were there is was very very windy. The property is immaculate, the Pega Pega Beach Grill is great for lunch, great salads and drinks. We ate our last meal there at the French Steak House and it was very very good all the way down to dessert. If you want a nice quiet resort to stay at, this is the place.

Room tip: It seems to me all the rooms were in good locations.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa is an intimate boutique resort in the "low-rise" area on Eagle Beach. The resort has approximately 70 rooms and is two stories high. This is the perfect get away for a romantic and relaxing vacation on one of the most beautiful beaches in Aruba!

Aruba is our favorite vacation destination and in the past have stayed many times in the "high-rise" hotel area. After a conversation with friends who absolutely love Manchebo Beach and continued to rave about how wonderful it is, did the research and decided to try something new and booked our vacation. We love Aruba for the many excellent restaurants on the island so did not choose the all-inclusive option.

Renting a car at the airport is our preference and the resort was a short ten-minute drive. There was ample space for parking and were greeted warmly at the open air lobby for check-in which was very quick and with smiles all around. First, we were given cool hand towels to freshen up after our travel and then presented with a Mojito! While waiting for the room to be available, we enjoyed lunch at the Pega-Pega Beach bar, and met the General Manager, Edgar, who was kind enough to answer questions about the resort while enjoying our lunch together.

From check-in to check-out the entire staff were so friendly and went out of their way to be accommodating to provide excellent customer service! We were notified within 15 minutes that our room was ready and someone was ready to assist with our bags. Our room was on the second level and there are no elevators, so assistance with the luggage was very much welcomed. Our room was spacious with a balcony that had a beautiful view of the ocean. Chilled champagne was the perfect accompaniment to a gorgeous sunset viewed from the room!

This resort has a wide oceanfront with plenty of palapa huts (50) that are spaced out nicely over the beach. The beach assistant was always there to set up the lounge chairs or regular chairs and to make you comfortable. The hotel provides coolers that are perfect for bringing beverages to the beach and ice machines are conveniently located. Alejandra was the best beach waitress and so attentive....stand up the orange flag at your hut and she is there almost immediately to take your order and serve cocktails and food.

The room was clean with a king-size bed, refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, flat screen TV and the bathroom had a rainfall shower and nicely tiled, all recently renovated. The grounds are nicely planted with unique accents, even a "wooden chair that makes dreams come true." It was a short walk to the beach, the swimming pool, the yoga pavilion, the restaurants and the front desk. The fresh water swimming pool was never crowded and a nice area to relax. There is a washer and dryer on-site if you choose to do laundry but found the laundry service to work perfect for our needs. The store provided everything you may need.

Spa del Sol is directly on the beach and the treatment rooms open to a view of the ocean. They offer full body massages, facials, eye treatments, body treatments, nail care, waxing and combinations of all. The Swedish massage was one of the best ever, relieving tension and stiffness from the muscles, what an amazing therapist. The Garra Rufa Wellness Footspa was unique with a pedicure by Garra Rufa fish which lasted for 30 minutes while the owner explained this natural treatment and answered all questions, try it!

The beach is beautiful with soft, white sand and is quite large both in width and depth. It was a good distance to the water from the palapa huts and enjoyed being able to walk the beach for miles. The water had more waves than the high-rise area and was clean and refreshing. We enjoyed walking the beach to happy hour a few afternoons at Matthew's Beachside Restaurant which provided music and dancing, it was a fun St. Patrick's day party.

After enjoying morning walks on the road or on the beach, we found "The Marketplace", across the street from the resort, the perfect place for coffee at Juan Valdez Café and a bagel from Dunkin Donuts. The Marketplace has nice shops, a clothing store, beauty parlor, a wine and piano bar and a market with a deli, beer, wine, alcohol, beach accessories, t-shirts and everything Aruba and every convenience item needed. The Alhambra Casino is across the street also.

We enjoyed Pega-Pega Beach Bar for lunch and loved their happy hour with live steel drum music. The bartenders were all excellent and have to mention Fanny and Phoebus, we had so much fun with them! Ike's Restaurant on-site was excellent with romantic dining next to the pool. Our waiter, Shane, was all-around excellent and we loved our meal choices, thanks to his recommendations. The entertainment was very special the evening we dined at Ikes, dancing to the saxophone music by Lucio, was absolutely amazing and it was so enjoyable to meet him.

An exciting event happened on the last day of our vacation. While relaxing on the beach in the afternoon we heard people yelling, to find that a giant Leatherback Sea Turtle was coming ashore to lay her eggs on the beach. The approximate 700 lb. turtle travelled a good distance up the beach and began digging a hole in which she laid about 100 eggs, covered it up and made her way back into the ocean. The local naturalists arrived, (there is a 24 hour Turtle Hotline in Aruba), the TV crew showed up as well as the police to manage the crowd. This was an amazing sight and so lucky to witness this miracle of nature.

The high-rise hotels are close by, 2 1/2 miles up the road if you are seeking nightlife, shopping and restaurants. The Soprano's is a fun piano bar, Gusto is a retro nightclub, and there are many options for entertainment. We enjoyed a stop at the newly opened Ritz for a walk through and to check out the casino which was not crowded, very expensive.

We enjoyed our favorite restaurants on the island which will be reviewed separately. We utilize the rental car to drive to dinner and there is one main road on the island so it is difficult to get lost. Check with the front desk for directions to "Marandi" which is a giant palapa hut over the water near the airport and tricky as it is in a residential area, and "Old Man & the Sea" in Saventa which is an hour drive to an amazing sunset dinner on the beach in the most romantic setting. Drive through the parking lot of "Flying Fishbone", don't stop, go past about 200 yards and you are there!

Sad to have to check-out at the end of the week, computers were available for printing boarding passes. At check-out we were handed a "goodie bag" that included snacks for the flight home.

Manchebo Beach was the perfect vacation and exactly what we were looking for, quiet and relaxing. To all our newly made friends at Manchebo Beach, we are coming back....already booked for 2015! That says it all!

8  Thank Loves2Research
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at the Manchebo resort for 5 days in March 2013. We designed our own "yoga retreat", which includes two classes a day and breakfast in the price of staying at the resort.

What I loved:
-the resort is amazingly clean and very quiet. Plenty of umbrellas on the beach, no need to wake up at the crack of dawn to stake your claim (however, we might have been there during a quiet week).
-the food is great - a nice variety of cuisine and prices, even though there are just 3 options on site. At the beach grill place you can get smoothies or juices, as well as appetizers and lighter snacks that are very freshly prepared. The happy hour special at the beach grill is 2/1 drinks!
-the service was stellar. Speedy and incredibly friendly. Everything you want from resort staff.
- the yoga classes are AMAZING. The principle teacher, Rachel Brathen, is kind of a big deal in the yoga world (check out her website and Instagram for more info). She leads a hard class but a great class. You essentially do yoga in these incredible yoga pavilions right on the beach - during the evening class you begin your vinyasa at sunset. What more could you want?
- the spa is a beautiful space right on the beach with lovely services. My mother got a pedicure and I had a massage.

Things you should know:
- this is a simple resort - nothing extravagant, nothing over the top or showy. The rooms are simple but provide every necessary amenity. It's also rather small, but this is pretty much what we loved about it.
- no real efforts for entertainment or nightlife, so if this is a priority for you on your vacation, it might not be for you.

That being said I can't recommend this resort strongly enough. We had a great stay!

1  Thank sarapscott