“Yoga retreat bliss”

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at Manchebo in December for a yoga retreat. AMAZING experience. This is not the resort for you if you want a scene or a lot of people. The resort is on Eagle Beach which is very quiet- Juan helped us to get our beach chairs set up every morning and there was never an issue with not getting a chair or a spot with a little bit of shade. The rooms were clean and modern with microwave, safe, refrigerator and rain shower in the bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful- if I had to give one negative, I'd say the service at the restaurant is a bit slow. Also, it would be helpful to have an ATM on the property- although it's a quick walk across a parking lot to the casino to find one. Manchebo also has this delicious water with cucumber and mint at the reception area everyday that was so refreshing along with fresh fruit. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, I would highly recommend this resort. I look forward to returning sometime in the near future!

Room Tip: If you have a garden room, get the first floor. You will not regret it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZYLC

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friend has stayed at the Manchebo several times so she recommended it to us. We wanted a nice beach anniversary with a little snorkeling and deep sea fishing and lots of beautiful ocean time. And that's what we got. We bought the all inclusive - and would do it again in a heartbeat - the two restaurants there are great - no need to go anywhere else. Besides one night you get to go out on voucher during your stay - but food was just as good at the Manchebo. The staff is marvelous! The beach is breath taking / the sand never gets hot / and the wind keeps you cool too, and it's nice and private for guests and the staff never stop catering to you.The room is very clean and comfortable and the rain shower is fantastic . We couldn't have had a better anniversary. We plan to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy Q
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My new wife & I took our Honeymoon to Aruba & stayed at Manchebo Beach Resort. The rooms were very clean and had everything you needed. Granted, we were only in the room to shower, change, & "sleep". The beach was one of the best on Aruba. Plenty of room & not over crowded. The food was also great--we didn't go hungry that is for sure!! The staff was exceptional--both at the front desk & the bar. I don't/can't remember how to spell their names, but it was a truly great stay at Manchebo. I/we would stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan G
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I've had to wait 3 months before I could write this:
Edgar we did enjoy the dinner for us and our guests. The food was exactly the way I remembered it from years past. Thank you very much. It was GREATLY appreciated!!
I hope you were informed of us being locked out of our room, security giving me a broom handle and pulling me up into the lobby, me taking a not so graceful almost fall outside the temporary wall at the Steakhouse. Lincoln was ready to jump the bar to help me.
Not Manchebo's fault, it was Mother Nature for getting your floors wet.
yoga was on their studio, VERY HAPPY, happy hour was never bothered again.
It was a Murphy's law vacation for us.
Another long time guest of Manchebo asked us to join them in May 2014. I inturn asked a 3rd couple (long time vacationers) to join us.
Our vacation is booked.
People asked how was our vacation, we told them.
They asked why would we go back to Manchebo.
Dispite our issues we have gotten so accustom to Manchebo.
Every year I look forward to the smile of Sandra, when I see her I know we are in GREAT hands. Lincoln, Fanny and the rest of your staff is amazing.
Fingers crossed and positive thoughts!!!
Edgar, thank you again for meeting with us and for all you did and continue to do!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Leanne S
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Manchebo the last five years and feel like I'm at home with friends each visit. The resort is on the best beach in Aruba(IMO),has two very good restaurants on site, a nice pool/beach bar with good sandwiches and apps.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank ARUBARON
Reviewed December 22, 2013

In October 2013, my sister, a family friend and I stayed at the Manchebo Resort. The resort was beautiful. The food and drinks great. Located on the best part or the beach! We loved the size of the resort. Rooms clean and comfy. The staff was outstanding! Always available to help and always smiling and wondering how our day was going and what could they do to make it better! For us, it was the perfect vacation destination. Quiet, low key and very relaxing. This was our first visit to this resort. And, I can say, if we return for another Aruba vacation, the Manchebo will be the resort that we once again will call "home" for our stay! We met a couple during our stay who have been coming to the Manchebo for 27 years! To me, this speaks volumes! My advise to anyone considering this resort: Come to Manchebo, we won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Second time to Manchebo & not our last. We fell in love with this paradise last year. The most amazing beach & the friendliest staff you could ask for. We go all inclusive & the meals are very good. In fact the evening meals are exceptional. (had a couple of items served not hot, but still very tasty) . The rooms are small but clean & have everything you need & very quiet. You don't hear your neighbours or doors slamming or maids chattering in the morning as we have experienced on almost every other island we've been to. If you want a relaxed, casual, friendly atmosphere with the most beautiful beach you can imagine, this is the place.

Room Tip: Second floor balcony is small but view is great & no over head foot steps.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lucyl64
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!