“Excellent resort beautiful beach”

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent resort beautiful beach”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

One of the best beaches in aruba. Great staff. Rooms were good updated not great. We had all inclusive package which was perfect. The food and drinks were amazing, the staff was some of the best I have experienced in traveling. Scuba on the island was great. My only complaint is with the airport not the resort. Prepare to wait in long lines and return through multiple sets of customs screenings. Get to the airport 4.5 hrs prior to departure or you may miss your flight.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank StlCardsandRams
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Glad to read that you had a wonderful resort vacation with our optional premium all-inclusive program. Our chefs love to go culinary while the bartenders go tropical and exotic. We look forward to welcome you back for some more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
San Antonio
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family and I just returned from a week at Manchebo and we can't say enough about the beauty and relative solitude of the beach. We have stayed at many beach resorts in Hawaii, Riviera Maya, BVI, Grand Cayman and this was our hands down favorite. Let me just say that I mentioned all this to illustrate one very important thing, unlike the previous destinations, I spent every day at Manchebo on the beach. The beach is magnificent. The water looks like the swimming pool, but with fish. Clear turquoise water of the most perfect temperature. We were pleasantly surprised because we hadn't intended on a trip to Aruba. We chose this island because we traveled during hurricane season and according to the information available, hurricanes hardly happen here.

Upon arrival, we promptly found a minivan taxi large enough to handle our family of four and luggage. We used taxi service whenever we needed to go into town and you would think every driver was trained in tourism and hospitality. They all gave great recommendations, such as Pizza Bob's. Taxi service is readily available and it's about $29 to the airport and between $7-9 into town.

It was a short ride to Manchebo where we were greeted by the best mojito's ever. We were also very warmly greeted by the staff who took great care to explain how things worked in the room and information about the resort.

The rooms aren't very large, but they are more than adequate, and most importantly recently renovated and well appointed. We had more than enough room to store our belongings and keep our large suitcases out of the way. The bed was extremely comfortable which bodes well for a restful break. It's kind of hard to relax if you didn't sleep well the night before. Our room (40) overlooked a nice garden and had ocean views. Manchebo provides live entertainment most evenings between 5-7 pm. We could easily hear the music from our room whenever we were not downstairs enjoying it. They also have a nice happy hour each evening from 5-7. Be it rum punch or ginger ale, you'll get two of what you order.

We opted out of the all inclusive option, that worked best for us. We did receive coupons for breakfast (we opted into that), and we went downstairs for breakfast buffet our first morning. The buffet array was not very appealing and we missed the sign that advises guests they can order a la carte. Because of that, ordered room service for breakfast the rest of the time. They were prompt in their delivery every day but one. No problem, everybody has an off day.

For lunch we raised our flags by the chaise and that signaled staff that we were ready to order. Pega Pega supplied us with great food and drink. Cheeseburger (w/Gouda cheese), hotdogs, or sandwiches, you can't go wrong. We enjoyed dinner several nights at Manchebo. Ike's & French Steakhouse provides wonderful meals. We also enjoyed eating off site three nights. Lots of lovely restaurants to choose from.

Take advantage of the Manager's cocktail reception or the salsa dancing lessons. It's a wonderful opportunity to meet great people and have fun,

We are looking forward to a return trip soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ls1126
Thank you for your detailed review and glad you found your favorite tropical beach location in Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa. Being the first resort developed on Eagle/Manchebo/Druif Beach some 47 years ago Manchebo is very nicely located on the most western tip of the island.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon in Aruba, and a portion of it was spent at the Manchebo. We loved the attention and service here, and the all-inclusive package is worth the price. Eat and drink all you like, relax on the beach, have wonderful dinners on site with friendly staff. Everything is laid back here, so enjoy your stay! Close enough to the high rises and downtown, but without the crowds and swarms of people. A private space to lay out and enjoy the beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh K
Good to see that you enjoyed our laid-back resort ambiance and that you had a relaxing honeymoon. We look forward to welcome you back for many anniversaries to come.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The Manchebo has excellent customer service. The staff is always friendly. The beach is absolutely beautiful, and was never overcrowded. I preferred staying here vs. a resort in the high rise area. We did have to travel to the high rise hotel area for shopping and other activities, but it was only a 5 minute cab ride. The only downside to the Manchebo was that the bathroom could have been a little bit cleaner. It could have used a good scrub, especially the floor and wall tiles. Other then that I have no other complaints about the Manchebo. Ike's Bistro and the French Steakhouse offers great delicious food, and the Pega Pega Grill had amazing frozen drinks!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ShellyPickles
Thank you for the nice review and glad to read you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the services of our team. Your housekeeping note is appreciated as well.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Aruba at the end of July/beginning of August and had a wonderful time. Manchebo was the perfect choice for us-a very relaxing atmosphere. We liked the fact this resort has a personality of its own which has the true culture of Aruba. All of the Manchebo staff are exceptional! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with first class service. Anook, Beethus, Ignacio and Lucy are a few of the staff whose service was outstanding, taking care of our every need and made our trip that much more special. All of the restaurants at the Manchebo had amazing food and service equal to any five star restaurant. The water in Aruba is beautiful, and the rooms, beach and grounds at Manchebo are clean and very well kept. When we visit Aruba, we would definitely stay at Manchebo again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth M
Thank you for your nice feedback and glad to read that the Manchebo was the perfect choice for you. We appreciate you taking the time to point out many of the great employees that made your stay an exceptional one.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a nice, quiet resort. My wife and I just spent out honeymoon there and it couldn't have been better. We went the all-inclusive route, which I think was worth it. We got to eat and drink way more than we probably would have otherwise (Aruba seems to be a bit on the pricey side, but we rarely had to pull out our wallets). There were no kids to be found, which made it even more peaceful. The food was great, the drinks were great. The free couples massage was great. The dinner on the beach could've been better, but it was quite windy (normal for anywhere on Aruba). The sunset cruise was a blast. One of the best things we did while here was go horseback riding (not included with Manchebo Beach Resort). We started from a ranch in the national park and they took us over to the natural pool. I can't remember the name of the ranch at the moment, but it's well worth looking into. Overall, the room was small, but clean and seemed to be newly renovated. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Bspence11
Thank you for your feedback. Great to read you had a wonderful honeymoon at our resort and that you got to enjoy the optional all-inclusive plan featuring great food from our chefs and exotic cocktails from our bartenders. Needless to say we appreciate your recommendation very much. See you back in the near future for one of your anniversaries.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my first time visiting Aruba and I did a LOT of research prior to booking my trip. I chose Manchebo after reading many reviews and comparing it to other low rise and high rise hotels, and I am so glad I chose this place!! Right from the start it was a great experience. Friendly hotel staff made me feel like I was part of their family. The delicious mojito that welcomed me when I was checking in (I opted for the non-virgin kind!) was such a nice treat after the flight and bus ride to the hotel. The room I had was on the ground floor near the spa, and it faced the beach and it was so lovely and clean, and I really appreciated the updated and modern bathroom, the remote control air conditioner and the mini fridge & microwave. The bed was very comfortable, and the floors were so nice and clean! Every day the room was cleaned perfectly and the coffee restocked without fail. The WiFi was so nice to have as I could keep in touch with my family from my iPhone and there are also 2 computers in the lobby that were always available.

Manchebo is not overly crowded like the many other hotels I walked by, and it is so lovely and quiet. The guests are there to relax, and if you are in need of a break and just want to zone out, this is the place you wan to be. If you are the party-hard type and love crowds and don't need any personal space then the high rise hotels are better suited for you, but if you like relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the beach in total relaxation, then Manchebo is definitely for you.The beach area is huge - I believe it's the biggest area of sand on the island! Not only are there plenty of beach chairs but you can opt to relax close the beach itself if you prefer to be near to the water. The grounds are lovely, the pool is nice and the yoga pavilion is really pretty. I didn't take any classes but it's a great option for those who want to, and you even get 2 free yoga classes!

There is a small outdoor mall very close by which includes a market that has alcohol, snacks, fresh sandwiches, etc which makes it super convenient when you want to stock up on stuff. The mall also has a few restaurants and souvenir stores. I ate at Pizza Bob's a few times - wow, they have really delicious pizza - and it's so close by and great to have that option. I ordered room service at Manchebo for breakfast a few times and the food was great - and the eggs are all organic! I also ate the fish tacos a few times at the Pega Pega bar - yummm!!! I went to the spa for a massage and a mud wrap - both services were great and they have the most comfortable lounge chairs to relax in before & after your service that face the beach. I can still hear the birds chirping and the waves of the ocean.

If I ever return to Aruba, I will stay at the Manchebo again. I had a wonderful time, and I still remember all the smiles from the lovely people that work there. They are genuinely nice, they are not phoney or forced to like the guests, you can tell they are just really nice people. And that makes such a wonderful difference. Thanks Manchebo for a lovely vacation, I came home feeling well rested and so grateful I didn't book a hotel elsewhere. :)

Room Tip: A beach view is worth it! You can see the lovely resort each time you look outside. I enjoyed my gro...