“Great Vacation, One Happy Place”

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Manchebo Beach Resort in 1992. At that time it was a Best Western. Last year we were celebrating our 40th anniversary and my birthday, so decided to return to Aruba, stayed at Manchebo Beach and could not have been happier. The resort had gone through a major renovation and updating the rooms was a big plus!! The service and staff were great, can't say enough about Delia, so helpful. Loved the rain shower, table in the room, refrig and all the amenities. The room was always clean, loved my maid. Gorgeous beach. We enjoyed it so much that we have decided to return in a few weeks to celebrate my birthday again. Great location, near many good restaurants. Looking forward to seeing Delia, Edgar and all the staff.

Room Tip: Loved 2nd floor, ocean view -worth extra money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blueeyes059
Write a ReviewReviews (2,615)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa is a beautiful beachhotel with only two floors. Situated directly on the long Eagle Beach it´s perfect for relaxing days with swimming and long walks. Friendly and attentive service and two gourmet restaurants makes life very enjoyable. Highly recommend a couple of weeks holiday at Manchebo Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Seaview on ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andkli11
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I travel solo every 3 months exploring the world. Aruba was a beautiful place to visit and staying at the Manchebo Beach Resort was the perfect choice. It is not swarming with tourists, very quiet, & you feel like you are in your own secluded world. The service was excellent, friendly staff.

The beach and accommodations were nice. The actual beaches in all of Aruba are picturesque & heavenly! As for my actual room- I did request & pay for an ocean view and was placed on the bottom floor #8, my sliding door opened to a patio which you could see the ocean and walk out from there. None of the rooms are truly ocean view though as there is a stage/covered outdoor building which blocks some of your view. Along with that, there are lounge chairs/umbrella awnings out by the beach so during the day people are laying in that area as well. Still you have privacy from your room and view.

My top 2 reasons for choosing this hotel & exceeded my expectations:

1) The Spa at Manchebo is wonderful. The services, staff, & facilities are exquisite, right on the beach, & 5 star without a doubt. Totally worth the price- it made my vacation very relaxing and peaceful.

2) I heard about the great food at Manchebo and from what I know they have a newer upcoming chef- he was magnificent! His food was to-die-for. I am a HUGE FOODIE and I know quality food & prep- his dishes were not overly salted as some restaurants do (and certain reviews will call their food- "the best" when really it's just overly salted/seasoned food. My favorite dinner time choice was the Chef choice which was a surprise 4 course meal- each dish was unique and not on the menu prepared special that night & you could also do a wine pairing with it. I had this twice. The staff was friendly and my waiter knew me by name/face & allowed me to may special requests even within the chef choice 4 course meal. Breakfast was a small buffet style or you could order off the menu. I wasn't a huge fan of the lunches and snacks during the day at the outdoor beach restaurant but it wasn't bad just more snack type meals.

The staff really were great! There was always access to cabs as well. The location of the hotel is great and there is a local mini market across the street. If you walk outside of the hotel there is a walking path you could take miles and miles down along the coast which I did.

Great Restaurant to visit while you're in Aruba- "Passions on the Beach"- very romantic but the best part was the food- AMAZING! A Aruban local told me about Passions and I'm glad I tried it out! Definitely make reservations though! Most over rated restaurant on the Island- "Madame Janettes"- the overly salted/seasoned food which masks it as good food is not worth going to.

Next time I go back to ARuba I would definitely stay at the Manchebo again- It feels like home! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MissD819
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your nice review and compliments: Perfection!
Glad to see you had a wonderful time at our resort. We love to surpass our customer expectations and we are so glad that our culinary team pleases our guests including the Foodies!
Spa del Sol indeed offers super relaxing experience and is the icing on he cake for those looking to return home fully rejuvenated.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our first experience in Aruba and we loved it. The beach in front of Manchebo is beautiful and the chairs and palapas are well spaced out. The two yoga/Pilates locations are perfect and the variety of classes are excellent. The rooms are decorated with modern decor and are always cleaned to perfection. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly. The food was excellent at Ike's Bistro and my husband loved the fish taco's at Pega Pega. I loved the fresh fruit morning smoothie options. I am disappointed that I did not get to use the spa facility, but it looks amazing. It is located directly on the beach. You can actually watch and listen to the waves from the spa rooms. I cannot wait to go back and try one of their unique spa services. We will definitely return to Manchebo!

Room Tip: All rooms are close to the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel A
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Great to hear you had a perfect vacation. The yoga and Pilates classes are indeed a very much appreciated amenity for those looking for complete wellness - glad you took advantage of them. See you back on your next Caribbean vacation on Aruba's widest stretch of beach.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We come year after year, without fail. Why? It's a small family hotel where staff members know you by name. Each year the rooms get better -- they now all feature tiled floors, rainfall shower heads, high thread count sheets, big screen tv, fridge, microwave, safe, lots of storage space, every room with balcony or porch. The food (three fabulous dining experiences) gets better every year too. This is the only resort I’ve taken the time to review, and I do it because our entire family loves it here. We can’t imagine staying anywhere else, and are already planning our next trip to this incredible resort on the best beach on this happy island.

Room Tip: We like staying on the first floor and walking directly out to the beach. Some, though, prefer the u...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JudsonsDaughter

Thank you so much for your nice review. Glad you enjoy all of the great room and resort upgrades we have been making for our guests over the past years. See you back next time.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We could not have been happier with our recent vacation at the Manchebo Beach Resort in Aruba. We just relaxed in perfect weather every day! It felt so secluded, but was nearby everything you could want. The staff was so friendly and efficient. We stayed in a very nice garden room and there were 3 restaurants on the premise if you chose to stay put. We would definitely return in a minute!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank terence213

Thank you so much for sharing your recent vacation experience at the Manchebo and so nice to read you had your best vacation ever. Makes us all feel very proud her at the resort. See you back in a minute.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Took the entire family to Manchebo Beach Resort during our kid's spring break vacation. This was our second visit as a family and it once again exceeded our expectations!

First of all the location, without a question, the best stretch of beach in Aruba. The thatched beach umbrellas are ample and well spread out, no one on top of you here! The beach bar service right on the beach is also second to none. The surf is perfect, it was rough but the show from the islanders on their body boards was way cool. The seven foot waves were a challenge to swim but my son and I had a blast and not a bad work out either.

Second, the service staff. Many of these helpful professionals I had met and fell in love with over 2 years ago. Not much turn over here with personnel. These people know their jobs and do them so well. There are way too many people to list but Diana, Fanny, Nacio, Carmen, Martha and Harold all worked endlessly to make our visit special. Three new people who we had met, Phoebis and Lincoln at the bar and Carlos tending the beach. Carlos had taught my son how to catch iguanas and even my wife caught a giecho! Way cool! (All released unharmed of course.)

Third, the food and drinks. All three restaurants performed exactly as they should. Ike's Bistro was a very pleasant new surprise. The breakfast buffet was very well tended to and this concept makes it quick to get on with your day and you can still order a la carte off the menu if you wish, very smart indeed. Lunch at the Pega Pega was perfect. My wife ate fish tacos every day! Dinner was served up every night, back and forth between Ike's Bistro and the French Steakhouse! The food and service was truly fantastic. (See separate reviews...if interested) We were going to dine out one night but after hearing another couple's poor feedback from the Driftwood, why risk it.

Fourth and final, the facilities. This is an older low rise hotel that had completed extensive room renovations a few years ago. The rooms are spacious with modern decor, perfectly maintained and very, very clean. The bedding is very comfortable and the rooms are quite and cool at night for sleeping. And while we were there, maintenance crews busily updating during the day hours only.

To sum it up: Four very happy family campers to return as soon as we can!

Room Tip: Reserve a garden view room. Very quiet and also lower cost!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank guillowfamily

Thank you very much for your in-depth review of our resort. Always much appreciated both by the TripAdvisor reviewers as well as myself. Of course very happy to read you had a wonderful time. We look forward welcoming you back next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3 mi away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!