My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Manchebo. We were greeted with mojitos and smiles (they gave us the option to go virgin or add a free shot, which we did.) Our check in was quick and friendly.
The room- Our room faced the ocean but was close to the pool area. Next time I would ask for a room without an adjoining door since we could hear the people in the next room. Our room was also next to the broom and cleaning closet so we could hear the housekeeping staff coming and going in the morning. If we go again we will ask for a room on the other end. *Notice I did not say we would go to another resort. We loved Manchebo's quaint and quiet atmosphere.
The staff- Despite the broom closet proximity, the housekeeping staff was truly amazing to me. They did their magic almost without detection. They were very friendly and helpful in passing when I had questions.
The front desk staff was hit and miss. Most seemed happy to help. Especially the daytime staff. However, night was a little different. One was a bit rude when we asked him about turning in our beach towels at the front desk where the book in the room directed us. It turns out there is a new policy to turn them in at the bar and the book had not yet been updated. Another woman seemed annoyed that my husband didn't know how to make a call to an 800 number from the room's phone. After he asked twice, and got hard to understand instructions, I went and asked her to explain to me like I was a three year old. She then carefully explained and also gave me a local number to call as well. We ended up getting what we needed with a little patience, but there was a big contrast since the daytime staff was so kind.
The restaurant- We ate at Ike's Bistro no less than 8 times (only ala carte breakfast and dinner.) We did not pay for all-inclusive, but we loved the food and service. We saw and interacted with no less than 4 servers per meal, all working as a team to make our experience wonderful. John Marie at dinner, and Ava at breakfast were our favorite servers. However, they were all wonderful and we enjoyed seeing so many smiling faces! The food was well prepared and fresh. The chef regularly sent out small tester items for us to try. We loved everything.
The spa- We had an 80 minute massage in an ocean front cabana (my husband's first.) He really liked it. I have had better massages, but never in a better place. The cabana had beach sounds, birds, and a soft breeze.
We met the manager during our stay and he was receptive to our suggestions and concerns. I am sure they were taken into consideration. The security guard who works in the daytime was a real gem and hugged us when we left, wishing us well and bidding us a safe journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The newly-renovated Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro and French Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, West Indies, BookIt.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach