Manchebo is a quaint (less than 80 rooms), quiet hotel in the perfect spot of the island. I understand that it was the first low-rise hotel built and has the widest and most beautiful beach anywhere. If you are looking for a place with the noise and immediate access of motorized equipment and discoteques, this is not the place for you.
The check-in was quick and efficient. Ms. Swinda checked us in with a genuine pleasantness that was welcoming and warm, Junior came out of the restaurant with welcoming Virgin Mojitos and a bottle of rum in case you wanted rum in your Mojitos. We received a complementary Yoga class and free drink vouchers. Our bags were taken to our rooms immediately with a smile and conversation. Perfect process for us. Yoga and Pilates classes are held daily in an open air pavilion.
The rooms have been remodeled recently. They are comfortable and every balcony has a view of the ocean to watch the most gorgeous sunsets you will ever see (I recommend grabbing a beverage and sitting on the beach to watch the sunset). The showers are the centerpiece of the room with different jets and plenty of hot water pressure. The beds are comfortable and the staff that services the rooms are efficient and very friendly. Our rooms had refrigerators, microwaves, coffee machines, blow dryers, flat screen TV and a safe.
The beach is clearly the best on the island with attentive service from Carlos and the bar staff. No hassles about obtaining a shaded palapa and no crowd to deal with. If you walk up and down the beach, you can see the congestion at the other facilities. Happy Hour is from 5 to 7 p.m. with 2 for 1 drinks. The Nutty Monkey and Manchomango drinks were tasty and the staff was generous to the point that you got 2 1/2 drinks for 1.
On Tuesday night, the manager has a welcome party where they provide free drinks and appetizers, a very nice touch. The area where the hotel is has a very nice casino a block away as well as a small market for snacks, beverages, etc. There is also a donut shop, pizza and a sandwich/coffee shop.
While this area does not have rental of water sport activities, if you want to indulge, ask Ms. Swinda or Junior and they will have someone pick you up in minutes and return you to the hotel safely. Alternatively, you can walk down the beach for 15 minutes or so and the water sport stands are there for your enjoyment.
Checkout was quick and no surprises. Overall a very wonderful vacation at a special place.
The island itself is so diverse that I would recommend renting a vehicle while you are there. Every beach is unique with the snorkeling at some being spectacular. The terrain at the north side of the island is volcanic and the ocean is extremely violent, creating some spectacular formations along the coastline. Hooiberg is the highest point on the island and you can climb the almost 600 steps for a spectacular view of both sides of the island. The view to the south is obstructed by some trees that should be trimmed to improve the view. Pretty special anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The newly-renovated Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro and French Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, West Indies, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach