“First trip to Manchebo” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“First trip to Manchebo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We visited Manchebo Resort Feb 4-12. The resort was all we wanted and more! We stayed in the suite and was very happy with the layout of the room. The resturants at the resort served the best resort meals we have had in any Carribbean hotel! The staff was great and always helpful, Manchebo does have the best beach on the island! We are ready to return to Manchebo not soon enough...

Room Tip: Ask for the suite!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IndianaBeachgoer
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent Manchebo vacation experience. I will make certain to share your compliment with our chefs who would love to hear that you rate them among the best in the Caribbean. See you back next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
Glenside, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I recently (3/11/2012-3/18/2012) visited the Caribbean for the time--Through our Daughter's research, chose the Manchebo ----- and LOVED IT. The Food, Drink, Beach, and Staff couldn't have been more to our liking. We originally planned to snorkle and visit other parts of the island, but enjoyed the Manchebo setting so much that the furthest we ventured was on our morning runs to downtown and the high rise district. Sunrise to Sunset on the beach, coupled with the all inclusive option, proved to be our perfect getaway. Maybe next time we will do some sightseeing.

Room Tip: Beach Front
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So glad to read that you loved the beach, resort and the all-inclusive plan at Manchebo during your recent One Happy Island vacation. We look forward welcoming you back next time.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We arrived at Manchebo Resort and hoped that it wasn't the right hotel. From the parking lot it looks like a motel. The Bucuti & Tara resort is next door, which looks much more splendid in comparison. That being said the rooms were more than descent and the beach spectacular. The reason why we give the hotel 3 stars is because we paid well over $400 a night, and the value falls short. The breakfast is not included and is a la carte (no fancy buffet) and served up like an IHOP, cheap restaurant. They charge $10 a day for a beat-up crib. The staff though are super nice. The location, great. Just think its overpriced and was hoping for something more boutique-like. Aruba is not so full of options beyond the high rises of Palm Beach so not sure where I would stay in the future. By the way. Strongly recommend to rent a car and go to baby beach and The National Park. Wow!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank markypao
Thank you for your feedback which is important to us. The team worked on the different issues you mentioned. We look forward to welcome you back for another great beach vacation.
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was our first trip to Aruba, but not our last we booked for next year before we left. This was our best vacation ever, and we have been to several different islands. We stayed in the oceanfront room, beautiful decor, comfortable bed, very private, and a fantastic view. The beach was great. We go away to relax and enjoy and that's exactly what we got at Manchebo. The food was good but, the service needs some improvement. And I can't forget the spa, the best massage ever. Looking forward to next year at Manchebo.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room is well worth the extra money
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glad you had your best vacation ever at our intimate boutique and spa resort. located on Aruba's widest beach. We look forward to see you back next time.
charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Manchebo Resort, review for TripAdvisor
Note: although my stay was in Jan 2012, I found the need to send in a review after reading some recent reviews. We had a WONDERFUL experience and the resort deserves this review!

A Mango Tree stands outside my balcony while an Iguana lazily suns himself on one of its branches. I sip on my morning coffee in the balmy air as the Trade winds blow so softly. I gaze at the most serene and beautiful turquoise water trying to compare it to places I have been before and then it comes to me, this place reminds me of Hawaii.

We just spent 5 days here at Manchebo Resort. We never even left the resort because they had EVERYTHING we needed. From our first arrival after a 10 minute ride from the Airport to a beautifully renovated room and the customary cocktail to celebrate our arrival, we never stopped being in amazement at this property. Our days were spent sipping coffee on the balcony outside our room, then a breakfast with a menu that catered to every need and want. Then it was off to sit in the lounge chairs under our own hut with plenty of huts, chairs and beach for everyone. We would go for a walk on the beach, come back and have a Balashi beer and at 2pm have a late lunch at the Pega Pega Bar with Fanny, more drinks, then get ready for dinner. We set our dinner reservations for 7:30PM so we could watch the glorious Sunset from our balcony and then go have dinner with June or Raymond running the show. Go to bed, get up and repeat as it was this good and the place that beautiful.

Giorgio’s is where you go have breakfast and dinner. Everything is open air and you can sit by the pool or under a large roof. June is the Manager and he aims to please. We had an outstanding 16th wedding Anniversary which he made very special. They have a Saxaphone and Flute player “El Prove” who entertained nightly and was wonderful. We loved the menu and everything we chose. We also had dinner at the French Steak house which was equally as good.

If we wanted an after dinner drink, we would go see Carmen who would make a mean Mojito!

Breakfast featured your choice of 4 healthy Breakfast Smoothies, homemade granola, yogurt, free range eggs and a huge variety of items. Lunch and Dinner Menus reflected wonderful choices and we were very pleased. They also provided a morning Aruba paper.

The Gift shop was stocked with any items you needed or forgot to bring. So beautifully stocked, I wish I had forgotten a few things! Try one of the many Aloe products made right there in Aruba or take home a stuffed toy for one of the kids. The wine glasses are handpainted and there are plenty of snacks and souveniers.

We had a second floor, right wing room #48 that was perfect. I am a germaphobe and EVERYTHING was clean and spotless. I am also disabled, but, recovering. There is no elevator and I had no trouble negotiating the stairs as long as I was careful. Staying on the first floor looked to be no problem as this is a very solidly built hotel and I imagine you would not hear anyone above you.

Lunch at Pega Pega usually meant the jerk shrimp and Chicken Satte which was great!! They had a huge variety of drinks and a great menu.

We went All inclusive which was a good choice for us. So what surprised me so? The number of people who have been coming to this resort for 20 years! Other resorts were reporting and giving out awards like that too. The guests we talked to said “Never Again to the High Rise facilities, low rise is where you want to be. The Beach is unbelievably large, the sand soft with a tinge of pink like Bermuda. The palms swaying, the incredible water and they are out of the Hurricane belt so weather is never a problem. They have a beautiful pavilion where you could have your sunset wedding on the beach and the staff is so friendly and helpful.

It is quite, peaceful and if you want the Casino, a shuttle will come by and pick you up. What surprised me were some of the guests (who had been coming here for 16 years) said “Don’t tell anyone back home about this place or there won’t be any room for me” To that I replied “Book Early”.

So here is to my return trip in January 2013 and have a frozen Mango Margarita for me served by Alejandra if you make it there before me.

Room Tip: Right side of the hotel, Ocean View
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tinalovesthekeys
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Cheers to that beautiful written review. Thank you for sharing your recent Aruba vacation experience at our intimate beach and spa resort. So glad you had such an enjoyable time. I will make certain to share your review with our staff who always loves to hear from their guests.
Central Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

It was a leasure to return to Manchebo Beach (and we virtually never repeat destinations!). The hotel is situated on one of the largest, most beautiful, and least crowded beaches in Aruba. The room with excellent king sized bed came with mini-fridge, micro-wave, coffee maker, and small safe. We overlooked the beach, drank our coffee on the balcony in the morning, and watched the sunset. We enjoyed the three restaurants, especially dining in the garden in the evening at the French Steakhouse (we loved the local fish) and the casual beach bar where we had Happy Hour every day. The yoga classes had several levels and were very well lead.
And now for the warnings! The hotel, thank goodness, is non-smolking. However, this does not prevent people from smoking on their balconies or patios, and the smell was awful. I repeatedly saw the same people walk into their rooms with cigarettes in mouth, even though this was prohibited. And Aruba is WINDY! (not the hotel's fault, of course!) February and March are the worst- a carefully guarded secret. The vacation was like being in a monsoon without the rain.

Room Tip: Buildings are two-story with patio or balcony. We loved the second floor in the most right hand bui...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Appreciate your feedback very much. Glad to see we made you come back to the Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa which is always a big compliments for our team.
Seaford, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from a week long stay here. The reviews about the beach are 100% true. By far the most peaceful, beautiful beach around. With that being said I would like to ask Edgar.. where are you?? At any given moment there appears to be atleast 3 staff members per hotel guest and yet there is a wait for almost anything you may want or need. The staff would prefer to stand around and chat with each other (or in many cases argue with each other) rather than tend to their guests. There seems to be zero manager presence in any area. It took 15 minutes every day to be greeted at breakfast and no less than 30 minutes for the food to arrive. "Breakfast" never came to the table correctly prepared. In one instance the server literally stated: " You wanted potatoes. We have no potatoes", dropped the plate, and walked away. At dinner, After being given the wrong appetizer, then waiting another 20 minutes for the correct one (prosciutto and melon) we watched our steak sit in the window under the heat lamps while the problem was being corrected. Then the chef gave the steak an experimental poke with his fingers to see if he could still serve it. He decided he could and it was brought over, needless to say it tasted what I would imagine my shoe would taste like. When you order a drink at the bar, after you wait for someone to notice you, it takes atleast 10 minutes before you will get the drink and another 10 for the person you are with. When I told the front desk I was interested in booking a tour they pointed to 4 large binders and said "the tours are there" gee, thanks. I would not be surprised if I were to find out that the entire staff was a team of hostages being held against their will. The only exceptions to this are Iggy and Alejandra. Alejandra needs to be in a management role in which she can explain the rest of the staff what the hospitality business entails. If you are looking for a laid back, relaxing stay away from crowds then go here. The bed is amazingly comfortable and the room and grounds are well maintained. There is a great guy on the beach who will always help you to set up your own area, he comes running over as soon as you step onto the sand. The coffee is great if you can talk someone into bringing you some. Do not go here if you like to eat. Do not choose all inclusive, and go out to eat for every meal. The staff will retrieve a cab for you in under 3 minutes, ironically. This can best be described as a comfortable apartment complex in which you may serve yourself.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nytraveler289
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for the in-depth review and points for improvement which are always appreciated. Our team of hard working resort professionals is always on the look out to further improve the customer experience. In fact our entire team is currently attending the Aruba Certification Program offered by the Ministry of Tourism of Aruba with the sole purpose to further enhance the overall service level and destination experience of our guests.

Sorry I missed you during last week's stay. I had an unfortunate accident and was laying in my hammock at home with nine stitches in my forehead. I hope to have a chat with you on your return visit as I love to meet our guests be it for a cup of coffee in the morning, during the weekly Manager's cocktail party on Tuesday afternoon or during one of my property many property walk troughs. Breakfast on me of course - you wouldn't want to stay at any other beach!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,304 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,525 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,600 reviews

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!