“Perfect vacation destination”

GreenLeadersGold level
Frisco, Texas
“Perfect vacation destination”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our first visit to Aruba. My husband and I just spent six glorious nights and seven wonderful days at the Amsterdam Manor. Our one bedroom suite was perfect; a lovely terrace, comfy bed, plenty of hot water and great air conditioning. Our room was so clean! The beach is just so beautiful. Never crowded and plenty of lounges and lovely shady palapas. Awesome drinks at the beach bar! The resort is perfectly located at the end of the low rise area. We took the bus into town and the high rise district. Very convenient affordable way to get around the island. The food was so delicious at AM! Mangos was excellent and Passions dinner on the beach was magical! The staff is so helpful and friendly. Jennifer at the Front Desk is an absolute doll. All we have is praise for the resort and staff. We have already booked again for next year.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was amazing. Get an ocean front room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank celtic239
AMBRManager, Manager at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a nice review for us. We are happy that you have enjoy your stay and we will be waiting for you for your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
White Plains, New York, USA
Reviewed August 5, 2014

So let me outline the things that don't impact Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort in the least but enhances it in a big way!
The beach is beautiful and the location is prime. There is a grocery store within walking distance and there is a casino within walking distance. The bus stop is just in front of the property for easy access to EVERYTHING in Aruba.
On to the Dutch treat....
The minute you walk in to check-in, you're greeted like you're home. The office staffers are quite nice and personable. Thank you Julio for the discrete upgrade! That was a pleasant surprise! So was the delicious rum punch that you provided.
Then off to our room! Though we paid for a one-bdrm., what we walked into was a ground-floor, ocean front apartment. Yes, it was larger than my first apartment after college! The most surprising amenity to the room was the addition of the de-humidifier. I have severe allergies to mold and with that addition, I didn't have to take my drowsy-inducing pill. I say that to say that there is no mold or mildew in that apartment! We had a nice sized patio with two loungers outside for hanging near but not at the pool. They proved a great lounging area at night with drinks, stars and a steady breeze. AND THAT MOON!!! The apartment is immaculate! Appointed well. Not outdated at all; just not the new, overly pompous (if furniture can be pompous), unnecessary or flashy stuff that you might find at another 4-star property that shall remain nameless but has ritzy furniture. It was extremely homey and comfortable. In the morning I would brew my own coffee that I purchased from the accessible grocery store, go out onto the patio and have my morning coffee and cigarette. The most amazing thing that I noticed was that the general staff did not look my way. I normally say good morning to everyone who passes, which is my style, but found this a bit off-putting. Then I realized that I never felt ogled like I had at other places or that people were trying to see what I had in the room. That's very clever to the powers that be! Very clever! Very discrete. The shower area in our room was the typical Dutch-style shower sans the squeegee. But roomy, clean and great shower power! The kitchen proved to be quite useful - full size fridge (some rooms don’t), 4-eyed burner, microwave, blender, cutting board and full service of glassware, flatware and cutlery.
However, if you don’t want to cook (which I love to do) there are two amazing restaurants - Mangos and Passions. If you’re going to do Passions be sure to make a reservation at sunset! AH-MAY-ZING!! Don’t wear fancy shoes you’ll only have to take them off to walk through the sand to your table. Food and wait stuff equally as superb. Mangos on the other hand is a more of your standard hotel restaurant except you’re at Amsterdam Manor, the food is great, and the service is good and attentive.
The concierge is EXTREMELY helpful in whatever you want or need. Ask them because they know their island! However, you’re on your own if you want “typical” Aruban fare.
Please know that though this is a family-style property we did not see many kids. There is no club, casino, or loud music; however, there is a nice happy hours bar located above the pool where there is great music, great drinks, great company and a place to meet new low-key people from all over the world! HEAVEN!! If you’re looking for something other than quiet, clean, friendly, low-key resort-ness, hop that bus out front and keep it moving.

Room Tip: Definitely request an ocean view room. Some rooms are located in a courtyard and get little breeze...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank NewYorker0122
Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re happy to hear you had an amazing experience at the Amsterdam Manor. We are glad you choose us as your vacation destination and hope that you will be back soon!
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We have been four times in Aruba and never been to the same hotel. My wife and I enjoyed our stay in the Amsterdam Manor. We liked it because it is more like a boutique hotel so you feel like home. Also every room has a kitchen where you can enjoy breakfast or even a good dinner. We stayed at the honeymoon suite witch was great with ocean view and a small terrace. And the beach is the best in Aruba. Definitely I would go back and recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Amiiiigoo01
Thank you very much for your posting and we hope that even though you never go to the same hotel we can welcome you back top the Amsterdam Manor Beach resort in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I came to stay there for the second time, but mostly not for the hotel, but for the beach. Eagle beach is away from the busy high rise hotel place, it is one of the best beaches I saw in my life and I travel a lot. This time it was much more crowded and unfortunately there was some fencing on the beach. Also I suspect the sewer is nearby, There was a strong wind and I could smell the sewer when I was swimming in the water. I was walking down the beach to get into the water. The smell was quite strong.
When I visited the first time the hotel was not bad at all, the room are too dark, I didn't like the food, but there are a lot of restaurants in Aruba, overall we had before a very nice experience. And interesting fact that there was not sewer smell on the beach at the first time, maybe because it wasn't windy. The second time it was a great disappointment. We moved to a different hotel after the 2 days of staying.
We got 3 problems.1 they didn't have a 2 separate beds in a bedroom that was a problem with a teenager, the hotel try to fix the problem very fast to give us a second bed in the living room, but sleeping next to the fridge it is not my solution to a nice vacation. 2. Flies!!!! it was horrible , we have about 8 -9 flies in the living room when we came, the hotel gave us an anti flies spray, but really, is it my job to hunt the flies or there is the hotel job to give you a clean room? They have those flies even in the restaurant, it was disgusting. As I said the sewer is nearby, and also 3. They put big garbage can right outside our back door!!!!!!! The smell was unbearable.It was only one place in the whole courtyard where they could put a garbage can!! It was so disappointing that we canceled our reservation and we moved on the second day to Ritz Carlton , surprisingly the cost was the same!!!!! but the quality was very different. The rest of the vacation was amazing thanks to Ritz! I would evaluate Amsterdam manor as 3 starts hotel, they really have to take care about those flies and do not put the garbage can outside the guest room. The positive things about that place is that people are very nice, they are trying to help, the beach is nearby, and it is a quiet place. Also if you are coming with a family you can just walk to the nearest big grocery store (10 min walk) and cook the food in your small kitchen instead spend a lot of money every evening.

Room Tip: ask about the room without flies and without garbage can outside.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Natasha A
AMBRManager, Manager at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We're very sorry to hear your second stay with us wasn't what you expected.
We had an incident with a treatment plant at approx.. 700 yards of our premises, it did cause a smell, it was handled rather quick by the Government of Aruba, they are the owners and are responsible for this. As part of our environmental efforts we supply a local pig farm daily with food left overs, this is placed in a covered bucket, close to the fence, at the end of the night, the following morning this is being picked-up however no smell whatsoever. We have sofa-bed (or a rollaway bed when asked for) for the 3rd person in the living room, the size of the living room is 50sqm/550sqft, the sofa bed is at once side of the living room, the kitchen at the other side, this is the first time we receive a complaint about this. Thank you for recognizing we have the perfect location, the best beach of Aruba and the resort is perfect, too bad you have stayed this time with us during the incident. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy Aruba.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 1, 2014

so I have to get this right outta the way... The smell was sometimes UNBEARABLE/// The water treatment plant is located too close to the resort. This was my first trip to Aruba and some who have been 10+ times over 10+ years said they had never encountered the foul smell before. Also there has been a drought which I guess has NOT help the waste treatment plant. But every so often you will get hit with a very gross / outhouse fragrance that is just awful... We stayed at 3 differnt resorts over the course of a week and NONE of the other locations had the foul odor. The resort its self is PERFECT! you are located literally right next to the best beach on the island. THe world famous divi trees are located right across the street! what a treat! Free beach towels and water lounger for the ocean are nice. The beach is perfect! Free little cabana huts! not many tourists like palm beach... the service and help were very nice and accommodating ! resort felt warm and cozy, nice updated rooms and bathrooms! The pool is weak, but who needs a pool !? when you are on eagle beach! I think the smell was bad because of the lack of rain... BUT here is your warning, weak stomach or sensitive nose / sense of smell? DON'T STAY HERE/

Room Tip: get a room in the front of the resort, easier beach access and nicer view! Amazing sunset views from...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank 33larrybirds
We had an incident with a treatment plant at approx.. 700 yards of our premises, it did cause a smell, it was handled rather quick by the Government of Aruba, they are the owners and are responsible for this.Thank you for recognizing we have the perfect location, the best beach of Aruba and the resort is perfect, too bad you have stayed this time with us during the incident. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy Aruba.
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 27, 2014

There are no words to describe how amazing this resort is! My husband and I got married there a couple weeks ago. The wedding coordinators Anne and Lissy(from Ceremonies & Celebrations in Aruba) did anything and everything to make our day perfect. Also, all the staff on the resort were amazingly geniune. Anything you needed, they were more than happy to help. When we go back to Aruba, we will never go anywhere else. The beach was always open. Not crowded and so many seats available. I recommend this quaint, beautiful, and quiet resort to anyone and everyone. Also, every room has a kitchenette. With a major grocery store just a walk away, it was perfect. Mangoes and Passions had amazing food. The breakfast and dinner at Mangoes were delicious. Make sure to say hi to Rudy and Juan. Passions catered our wedding and it was exquisite!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
It was an honor for us to have your wedding here at the Amsterdam Manor beach Resort. We are happy that your wedding was a success and that you liked your stay with us. We hope that you will be back soon.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Close to the beach. Amazing view from our room. If you book so ask for an oceanside view. You won't regret waking up to it everyday. Car rental is a must in Aruba to get around unless you want to wait for the very good but unreliable public transportation. Overall the resort was well situated and close to all the action in Palm Beach

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are happy that your vacation with us was at your satisfaction, you liked our resort and that you enjoyed the island. Come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort? Share your experiences!