The facilities of this hotel are different than other parts of Aruba. This is a laid back hotel with a great beach across the street.
The room we obtained was a suite with a kitchen. There is a huge supermarket (Dutch of course) about 2 blocks from the back of the hotel. It is filled with many products that are different from the New York market. We obtained cheese, food and of course Arubian hot sauce for snacks and breakfast. A great experience in itself.
The suite has a nice area with an outdoor seating to have a snack or breakfast.
The bedroom was filled with a large king size bed, a flat screen tv was mounted on the wall. The bathroom was accessible from either the bedroom or the main room.
The main room had a nice flat screen around a couch and chair. The couch was a fold away bed. The kitchen had all of the needed cups, plates, forks and knives.
We were delighted to find a bottle of champagne waiting for us when we arrived.
The happy hour is at both the bar above the pool, and on the beach bar. Both offer lovely views and the bartenders were talkative and nice.
We walked up the beach to the "high rise" section, but you can take a bus or a taxi. That part of the island is filled with huge hotels and lots of jewelry, and tourist stores.
The "low rise" section is filled with smaller hotels and areas of no development at all.
The hotel concierge fixed us up with a couples massage, and snorkel cruise. Mayra was very helpful and made the time there trouble free.
Remember to apply sunscreen multiple times during the day! The sun is strong!
I general the hotel is a great place to stay, the staff were friendly, and the facilities were well kept up and cared for.
The WiFi was spotty, better at either end of the room, and great on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach