This was our second trip to Aruba, and we decided once again to stay at the Amsterdam Manor, having stayed there in 2010. Amazingly, we think it was even better this time around.
This hotel is pretty much the opposite of the high rise section, and we love it that way. We had superior studios (kitchenettes) and a 1 bedroom suite (full kitchen), and again, they served our party well of 2 mid 40s couples and one senior couple in their 70s.
They've redecorated the rooms a bit, and added cushions to the loungers in front of the superior studios. The computers by the lobby were handy, as always, for checking email, and the brightly colored adriondack chairs in the courtyard under the gazebo actually fit in pretty well. The Horizons bar was open pretty much every night we were there for two happy hours, minus the night they had the staff party. The staff at the beach with hotel towels and loungers were always easily found, and we were always able to find palapas. Even with buses dropping off folks from cruise ships and other hotels, Eagle Beach never seemed crowded where we were -- it was decidedly different a few hundred yards down by the larger complex with time shares.
We rented a car this time as well, but Super Foods is literally behind the hotel a few blocks, so you could do without one if all you want to do is relax. We actually cooked all our meals in this time around, and while the kitchens are fully stocked, because I was cooking for 6 adults, you may need to cook stuff in "batches" given the cookware provided is really not meant for whipping up complicated meals. (for example, I had to cook a bunch of pork chops -- easier to do by borrowing a pan from one of our other rooms and cooking it all in the 1 bedroom suite's kitchen for everyone).
The only thing we might change next time is actually having the "younger couples" go into the standard studios because to us, we really only need one unit to have a full kitchen and an area out front where we can hang out.
It appears that Aruba itself is sprucing itself up a bit more these days with a new travel logo (I <3 Aruba: You know, You go) -- and there are definitely more shops downtown, and even Alhambra casino nearby looks a bit snazzier with some new shops and a ballroom.
Overall, we know we'll be back again. The rooms, the staff, the atmosphere -- it's all great. My only problem is that the hotel was *much* busier this time around than last time, and we came around the same dates -- hopefully the new popularity won't mean Amsterdam Manor loses any of its' charm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach