First time going to Aruba, I must do my research!
We went during the first week of March. After i booked this hotel, i emailed the hotel to notify them that it was our first time in aruba and we are celebrating my boyfriend's birthday! i also made reservations at Passions directly from the hotel for his birthday day. Fast replies! They quickly respond and confirm the time and dates.
When we got to the hotel, we were a bit early for our check-in which was fine. We were offered drinks, have our luggage left at the reception while we went and had lunch across the street on the beach.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G STAFFS. Always answered our questions, help made reservations and great personalities!
Baby, we got an UPGRADE to a 1 bedroom suite located RIGHT outside of the pool, ground floor..just amazing. Great apartment, full kitchen, dining area, living room, bathroom and bedroom. Everything was CLEAN and modern. 1st night they came and delivered us a bottle of FREE wine!! 2 days later we had our room cleaned and the cleaning lady gave us ANOTHER FREE bottle of wine...say whaaaa?! YEP. Sold for a good tripadvisor review!
Amazzzing as well!! We went during high season so of course everything is usually a bit
pricey $ -ier than usual/low season of course. WHY I CHOSE THIS PLACE? 5 MINUTE WALK to the super food market. everything you need and of course we cooked. we were staying for 7 days/6 nights. we spent a little over $100 at the supermarket for both our meals for the entire trip. (we only went out 4 times for dinner/lunch). I just want to add that the supermarket had the MOST AMAZING ITALIAN BREAD..i swear they were ALLL FRESHLY MADE AND HOT like the aruba's sun. they go out so quickly and cost less than $1.00 (after the price convert.) NYC cost $3 bucks for cold bread. Bring a bookbag, tote or buy a shopping bag at the store to help you carry your groceries.
BUS - Right in front of the hotel going to downtown. comes very often cost $5 roundtrip. Who needs a car?!!
BEACH, BEACH, BEACH!!!
#1 reason why i choose this place. RIGHT in front of EAGLE BEACH. Less than 1 minute walk!! Right across!! The greatest beach in Aruba. CLEAN, CLEAR, no seaweed, no rocks no nothing. JUST SAND AND WATER. We literally went EVERY-DAY. Even if it was during the late afternoon, still felt like it was 1pm. We were thinking to stay at the HIGH RISE HOTELS but I would rather stay near a beach that i would want to go everyday and not having to travel to the beach.
*Honest part, I would give 5 stars/circle/pts, whatever but.....
- We wanted to go "uptown" the highrise section, there is "supposedly" a bus stop right outside across from the bus stop going downtown. But we waited for 15-30mins. No Bus...no vans no nothing. we ended walking a big further and had a "bus van" picking us up. I've seen other guests that waited at that bus stop as well but they ended up taking a taxi.
-There are specials throughout the weekday, everyday theres special activities or dinner specials. SOO Friday they have Scuba lessons for free by the hotel pool, i think run by Red Sail Sports? But we signed up for it right away Thursday to ensure we had a spot. I WAS EXCITED. First come, first serve. Friday 4pm comes, which is the meet up time...no one shows...15 mins later i called the front desk and they said they will call and call me back...so they called me back and said the guy is on his way and just mins late. Fine. Then we decided to hang at the pool while waiting for them and then 30mins later no one shows up. At that point we gave up.
I. was. not. happy.
I know one of the policy is that they need atleast 4 people to have the lesson, so when signing up , they asked for my size and feet size. So my bf thought that maybe there wasnt enough ppl. So i said if there wasnt enough people, the front desk shouldve told us and plus the equipments and gadgets are provided by the company that is holding the free scuba lesson. So they would need to ask how many people signed up and what size are they so they need to gather the stuff when getting to the hotel. Remember the front desk said the guy was on his way.
I know it is not the hotel fault since its not run by the hotel but yet the Red Sail Sports company.
Overall.................................Would return back to this hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach