Went to ARUBA a few years back (may 2009/2010) for my annual birthday vacation/getaway. My criteria was simple- white sand beach, walkable/easy access to downtown/nightlife/restaurants/ and quiet. Check check and check. Stayed a week and enjoyed every minute of it.
We took the bus to the high rise hotel area a few times, even walked there once or twice. It was hot when we walked but there was a lot of wind. I just love how amsterdam manor was quiet but at the same time in a close enough location to the touristy/high rise/ area/restaurants.
Originally booked a studio, but got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite upon arrival without even asking! The place was perfect. Although it was just me and my bf at the time, our suite could hold up to 4 people- king sized bed plus pull out couch in the living room. There even was a little kitchenette. We bought cheese meats and fruits at the local grocery one day. Amsterdam manor is not on the beach, but literally 10 yards or so from our room was the white sand beach and bar. The beach turns into a romantic toes in the sand sunset on the water restaurant every night. Really beautiful.
One day we took the ABC tour and enjoyed baby beach/snorkeling, feeding the ostriches, and sightseeing. I'm sure there are other tours out there. For a whole day (6-7 hours i think) it's worth it.
I can't say that I've been to a place quite like aruba. It truly was my all time favorite vacation. Each beach and vacation always gets compared to Aruba... I cant say that anywhere I've been to has been quite like it. To be honest, I'm having a very hard time looking for my next birthday vacation. The only thing that is holding me back from NOT returning to Amsterdam manor/aruba, is the idea of trying something new. Definitely going back... hopefully soon.
This is truly a great place to stay. Just thinking about it makes me smile =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Vacatia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach