“WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO STAY. :-)”

Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Miami, Florida
“WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO STAY. :-)”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I know some of you may ask why I gave this hotel a 5 star....
I know.. is not the Four Seasons... but they should have the Customer service this people have.

It is a small hotel with a "not too big pool" but with great people. I work for an Airline that travels to Aruba all the time. Our Crew Hotel is the Renaissance and I also stay at the Hyatt. Since the moment you enter this property they make you feel like home. ALL of their hotel employees are very polite and you notice that right away. Even thought we had to wait for our room they made sure we were comfortable and yes, they will give you a Welcome drink...

Our room B2 was great. Sooooo cute... high ceilings and full kitchen, but most important, VERY CLEAN. They have bigger rooms, but we did not need a huge room. Flat screen tvs, great furniture and lots of towels. A little table right outside your door for a morning coffee was just too cute.

The beach is right up front and it is a beautiful beach. Way better than Palm Beach. All chairs and towels are free for guest and not crowded at all. The Passions at the beach is right there and you can order drinks at the Beach Bar at any time.

The only bad thing I have say is that the drinks were very very very weak. I saw the bartender made my drink (rum and coke) and there was almost no rum in there... After almost seven drinks I was not even buzz. I love Lucy... she was funny and made me good drinks later. She will make you a good drink. :-) Do not miss the HAPPY HOUR. 2x1.

The food was great and not expensive at all. Did not try the breakfast, but I heard was good as well.

I travel for a living and I am always very honest about my comments. I stay at very expensive hotels and they should learn from this beautiful Amsterdam Manor. This hotel is a hidden gem in Aruba. I will make sure I tell all my co-workers about it.

I almost forgot... the internet is FREE.. and it is GREAT. They even have internet at the beach.

This hotel is very relaxing and great for couples. Very cute and comfortable, but most important... their lovely people will make your stay very nice.

Gracias Julio por ser tan nice con nosotros. :-) Thank you all the employees who were soooo nice to us. Great job. I will come back as soon a s I can.

To the rest of you... stay here.. you will not be disappointed .. you will fall in love with the Amsterdam manor.

4 Thank Fllblueguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Niteroi, RJ
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I went to Aruba for my honeymoon (SEPT/2009)and what motivated me and my husband to go to this hotel was the reviews that we read here on trip advisor.
The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean and confortable. But the all inclusive system is not worthwhile... For those who had been in Brazil and tasted this great food, the cousine from Aruba is a little bit disapointing...
But the point to this trip is the view, the sea, the wind, and all the natural stuff that this island can provide! So this hotel is more than enough to enjoy all that!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ErikaMC
New Jersey
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was our first trip to Aruba and it sure wont be our last. My husband and I just got married at Amsterdam Manor and it more than exceeded our expectations. The staff at the hotel are amazing, caring, and thoughtful. We got to know all the staff members on a first name basis, they really make you feel like family. It's a small, but very comfortable resort, you never had a problem getting a table or chairs at the pool or the beach. Lucy at the beach bar is wonderful. The food at both Passions and Mangos was wonderful. The resort grounds are beautiful and very clean. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we had a spectacular view of the ocean from our room. Anne, who was in charge of our wedding dinner at Passions on the beach, was also amazing, she put together a beautiful ending to a perfect sunset ceremony on the beach. Lissy Lampe, our wedding planner is so fantastic, we couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. Together Anne and Lissy made our "big day" superb. We are very grateful to all the staff at Amsterdam Manor and would return in an instant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2011

What can I say ... it was average. The room was okay with just a few minor issues – nothing major. The T.V. barely worked (fuzzy), no remote (which we were informed upon check out to "return the remote" which we never received upon check in). No big deal since we only watch 10 min's a day to catch up on world news. The gas stove did not work (one of the main reasons we booked this room was to have a kitchen to cook breakfast). The bed was on the hard side, not the most comfortable. So overall - the room was ok - nothing spectacular.

The beach area was also just ok in comparison to others. It had litter, badly needed to be raked and was covered with ants. I guess after staying further down the low rise section on another part of Eagle Beach ... we were spoiled. (Even Palm beach at the high-rise area was also much cleaner).

However, the best part of the resort is their restaurant ... Passions. Great food, wonderful staff - very friendly & helpful.

4 Thank CaribbeanGirl11
AMBRManager, Manager at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear guest,

First we would like to apologize that your expectations at our resort were not met, we strive on providing the best experience and service as possible. Second we checked our maintenance logbook and couldn’t find the issues mentioned above in it, if we were notified of the tv and stove not working properly our staff would have taken care of this immediately as well as the bed. I assure you that we clean the beach area in front of our resort daily and make sure it stays as clean as possible as we’re proud to be a green resort. We wish you had approached us and expressed your complaints and we would have gladly addressed them. Once again please accept our apologies for our shortcomings and we only hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
New York
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Having fell in love with Eagle Beach on previous trips to Aruba, we knew this was the perfect place for us to get married. A little research led us to this wonderful small resort, wedding planner, Lissy Lampe and coordinator at Passions restaurant, Anne Maduro. We can't thank Lissy and Anne enough for making our dreams a reality.

Our stay at Amsterdam was wonderful. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry F
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort for part of our honeymoon, from June 28 2011 till July 2 2011... we loved every second of our stay there! Upon arrival, we were greeted by front desk staff who were so pleasant and helpful... we immediately felt the meaning of "One Happy Island"! We also learned that as honeymooners, we were being upgraded to a one bedroom apartment, which made us feel very special. Our apartment was in a tucked away corner and it truly felt like we were the only people at the resort. They had also decorated the apartment for us with silk flowers and gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne... and to top it off, the next day they gave us an Aruba picture frame, to commemorate our honeymoon. The AMBR really knows how to make guests feel special!
The beach at AMBR, Eagle Beach, is GORGEOUS! Pristine white sand and plenty of palapas to go around for hotel guests, at least in June/July which I believe is off-season.
On our 1st night there, we had dinner at Mangos and watched the cultural dance show. We also participated in the Managers Happy Hour with $1 drinks and free snacks on Thursday night... can't beat that! On multiple nights we had drinks at the Passions on the Beach bar and also had dinner at Passions, which is not to be missed (I wrote a separate review for that!). We had breakfasts at Mangos too, a nice spread. The pool is lovely as well... And the bed in our room was the most comfortable I think I have ever slept in!
We simply cannot say enough good things about AMBR and would love to come back some day!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jetien
AMBRManager, Manager at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear guest,

We are truly thankful for your wonderful comments. We look forward welcoming you back in the future.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I went to Aruba on our Honeymoon and we were so impressed! Amsterdam Manor was a great location with a great beach. It's situated in between downtown and the high-rise hotels with a quick bus or cab ride either way. The room was very large and well equipped. We felt spoiled to have such a large bathroom! The housekeeping was immaculate - she would even line up our shoes at the front door for us! The staff were all organized and very hospitable. Amsterdam Manor was a fantastic place to stay for couples or families!

Room Tip: Very large, spacious rooms like little bungalows