Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Playa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Palace Antillas(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
3,864 results
All reviewsruinas del marblack swanspalms restaurantfamily suitethe open air lobbyjuice barfrosted glassswim up barother hotelsbeach huttowel hutbeautiful propertyclub levelwater sportsan umbrellaour honeymoonwait in line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We arrived on Saturday afternoon with our 21 year old daughter and were promptly met by the bellman who took our bags. We arrived around 3pm and our room wasn't ready. After a welcoming drink and a tour around the hotel we were able to check-in. We had been upgraded to an Ocean/Pool View Room on the 8th floor. The room was quite nice with 2 Queen Beds and a very nice bathroom. In reading an earlier criticism of the bathrooms and their use of frosted glass; the hotel did cover the glass that actually faced the beds. The grounds themselves are quite beautiful and spotless. As you can see from my photos the pools and access to the beach are very easy.

The room was serviced each morning while we were out. Internet access is available (not free) and if you're going to be there for a week I would advise getting the weekly rate and not the daily one. As this same provider is at the airport that turns out to have a hidden benefit. I found the speed to be very reasonable.

The one "con" you will read about and I concur is the requirement to basically get up before 5:30am and wait on line for an umbrella or beach hut. Unless you're willing to spend $35 a day, getting up early is something that became a family rotation between us. That said, the pool itself was very nice and the chairs reasonably comfortable. Service poolside was pretty good as well. The main hotel bars are a bit pricey drink wise. The Pier Bar does have a 2 hour Happy Hour. We also spent some time on the beach and very easy access to just about any water sports you could want.

Food wise, breakfast and lunch was great. Usually the breakfast buffet is what most people order although one morning I did get just a continental breakfast. Lots of variety and good food and service. We did try Cafe Piccolo. I wasn't crazy about that restaurant which is Italian fare. I had ordered a Veal dish and while it was good it didn't quite hit the spot (I felt the veal should have been cut thinner and only 2 patties). My wife ordered an eggplant dish that was very tough (to be waiters credit he didn't charge us and offered anyother dish on the restaurant). We ate lunch each day at the Palms and every meal was good.

I did go to the fitness center a few times which is pretty well stocked with late model equipment.

The location of the hotel is perfect. Easy walking distance to most of the main restaurants as well as other hotels and their bars/restaurants.

The Hyatt also boasts stores for shopping and a dessert/coffee place (serving Starbucks). The "open" hours are excellent with most stores open to 11pm or longer. The Casino at the hotel does offer gambling including table games as well as slots. I love craps but one table doesn't do it for me. On the other hand, my wife loves slots and there were lots of different types of slot machines.

This was our first visit to Aruba and we had an excellent time. I would not hestitate to recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank c00ldad
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This hotel came highly recommended by a friend, so it had a lot to live up to because often when someone says it's that great I am disappointed. We had never been to Aruba and were actually one of the rare visitors that experienced rain. We spent some time walking through the nearby hotels and felt we were in the overall best one. The set up of a huge open air lobby with comfortable couches and chairs was quite unique. The ever present Aruba breeze flowed through the area and swayed the large plants with refreshing air. Sitting there in the evening listening to live entertainment was so relaxing.The gardens were lovely and well maintained and the beach just beyond the pool was the ultimate in location.The size of the hotel was perfect. We actually noticed when there was a turnover in guests. It was a bit inconvenient to have to get up every morning before sunrise to reserve a hut on the beach but well worth the effort. It seems to us that when you are paying so much for a room there should be guaranteed poolside or beach chairs.It also is not pleasant listening to people who do not follow the rules and try and take a reserved hut. That being said, I think this is a problem in all of the beach front hotels. The Hyatt had one of the best pieces of beach - seaweed free. Just lovely. We also enjoyed lunch at the poolside bar although getting a seat there reminded me of trying to get a parking space at the mall during Christmas!A clean hotel is a top priority for me- I get skeeved out easily. Our room was very clean and the staff were most attentive. A few nights we ate across the street at some of the local restaurants but our favorite meal was at the hotel's Japanese Restaurant. The food and service was outstanding and the price reasonable.We used the exercise room everyday which was simple but clean and adequate.Better that than being charged extra for a more elaborate gym. I like to look in the shops and was disappointed with the Hyatt shopping. The general gift store was very limited in inventory. I recommend going to the shops a few hotels down at the Marriott. More selection and same staples several dollars cheaper. Also the Marriott hotel has a really nice takeout type cafe with a great selection of salads, sandwiches and pastry. This is another thing that lacks at the Hyatt. They have a great Starbucks for coffee but scant choice of snacks. We rented a car for a day but there is very little to sight see. It may be better to go on a jeep tour because the streets lack names and are poorly marked. It was kind of a waste to rent a car for a day and see all in 2 hours. Go on the slide and enjoy the pool/beach instead!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My Girlfriend and I had an Excellent stay at the Hyatt Aruba. There are no 5 star hotels in Aruba until the Ritz is finished in 2012 but this is as close as you can get. The grounds are beautiful, very lush, the rooms are modern and clean and the remainder of the property is impressive. The food was excellent at the beach/pool cafe and at the coffee shop. We did not eat at the dinner restaurants. The service was excellent, everyone was super friendly and helpful.

The biggest frustration was the lack of chairs at the beach and pool. When you pay $800/night for a hotel room you shouldn't have to fight for chairs. To get a cabana you had to get up and wait in line at 7AM. There has to be a better way in this day of technology. In fairness this was a really busy week but they need to do better in this regard but I give them an A+ for everything else.

Aruba in general was excellent. Definitely check out Flying Fishbone and Madame Janette, you definitely won't regret it. Just book ahead!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Spent President's week at the Hyatt with my wife and three teenagers. There were a lot of pluses: the rooms and common areas are really well done and attractive; the staff is unfailingly nice and helpful; and the restaurants and bars are very nice (if a bit pricey). But despite this there were some real negatives. Most acutely, there are simply not enough beach chairs and umbrellas for the number of guest. According to the Hyatt system, one has to be at the beach hut by 5 AM -- THAT'S RIGHT 5 AM -- in order to reserve chair and an umbrella at the beach or the pool for the day. To put it mildly, to have to get up an hour earlier on vacation than I normally get up for work was a real disappointment and greatly diminished the entire experience. Exhausted and sleep-deprived is not an ideal way to spend a holiday (especially when spending over $1000 a day for two rooms). Likewise, there were simply not enough housekeepers for the number of guests. On two occasions, we returned to our rooms after 2 in the afternoon to find that they had not yet been cleaned. And when we asked that they be cleaned right away, we still waited nearly two hours for housekeeping to finish.

The bottom-line is that we had a very nice vacation and the Hyatt is a nice place; it simply was not the wonderful experience we had hoped for. My guess is that if you go during a non-peak period, the hotel is a special place. However, I would avoid it during the busiest times of the year (unless waking at 5 am to wait on a line for 45 minutes is your idea of relaxation and enjoyment.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dhfsfc
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Just returned from Aruba last night and I miss it already!! It is my 8th time in Aruba and my first time at the Hyatt. I can write without a doubt the Hyatt is the best hotel on the the island. Iam in the hotle business and can also write the Hyatt staff is the best in terms of guest comfort ans satisfaction. The entire staff goes out of its way to make sure your stay is one to remember. The Hyatt is more expensive but well worth it. The pools are very clean and spead out. The beach area is the best on Palm beach. We did get up early each morning to reserve a chair but found out on the last mornig that is not the case at all. The restaurants were fantastic and the service was 5 diamond. The rooms were small but very clean. The only negative was the casino staff, they all seemed a little inexperienced, make sure sure watch them count your winnings, some of the staff should not be working the tables. The Hyatt could use more tables as well, some nights it was 3 deep to get to a blackjack table. Also, we did sign up for a sunset sail with Redsail sports. We were disappointed, the redsailsport crew seemed to not care if we got off on time or not. We were told to get to the pier at 5 for a 530 departure, we did not leave until amost 6? And the booze was cheap with no hors d;oeuvres to speak of as advertised. I would check in to other sunset sails before booking with red sail. $45 per person is a lot of money for just to ride a sail boat for an hour and a half. Also, the restaurant at the lighthouse is terible, grat view but terible service and food. The Hyatt was great, cant wait to do it all again!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple