My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency from May 15 through May 18. We had stayed at the Radisson for our honeymoon in 2000, but thought we'd try something different this time around.
Check-in took a long time, and I'm not sure why. There were three people working at the desk, and we were next in line, but for some reason it took at least ten minutes before someone finished up. Then, they only had rooms with two double beds, although I had asked for a king. So, I was a little concerned that this place was not going to be ideal. However, I felt much better after seeing our room. The renovated rooms are excellent; clean, very calming, very attractive, and we had the oceanview we had asked for. I was concerned that there might be a noise problem b/c we were close to the pool area, but altough we could hear faint strains of music at night, it turned out to not be a problem. As others have commented, the bathroom IS a problem; it's pretty, but I personally like privacy in the bathroom, rather than a window facing the hotel room. Also, there's only one tiny garbage can in the entire room, located in the bathroom--not very useful.
We then went up and down the strip and checked out the grounds and lobbies of the other hotels (Marriott, Holiday Inn, Occidental, Radisson, Westin (the Westin is a little farther)). The only one that we thought was similar in quality to the Hyatt was the Radisson, so we felt pretty good about our choice.
Overall, the food was quite tasty. We ordered room service a few times. It was always prompt and the food was hot. My husband loved the Caribbean sundae, and I was addicted to the pastechis ("Aruban hot pockets"). We went to one of the Hyatt restaurants, Palms, and while the appetizer and fries were good, I was disappointed by the grilled swordfish sandwich-- I enjoyed my grouper sandwich at Gilligans (a Radisson restaurant) much more.
We tried Iguana Joe (downtown, near the Renaissance), and it was fine, but not earth shattering. The best meal we had on the island was at Aqua Grill; gnocchi with prawns, crab fritters, sea bass, salmon, key lime pie, and apple crisp--sooo good!!
The Hyatt casino leaves something to be desired. The staff is pretty friendly, and they have a good variety of slot machines, but because the slot machines are not on the ticket system, it's very inconvenient to play slots. If you put in ten dollars for a nickels game and then decide you've changed your mind after playing a nickel, you're now left with a bucket of $9.95 in Hyatt nickels. Also, the hoppers were frequently out of coins, and you had to wait for management to come to your machine for payouts over $50. I much preferred the Renaissance Crystal casino--great atmosphere, and they're on the ticket system.
It was a nice experience. We might go back to the Hyatt; alternatively, we might give our first love, the Radisson, another try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba