“Great resort!”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The Hyatt Regency Resort is absolutely the nicest resort on Aruba! The ride to and from the airport were provided by a bus tour company and were comfortable. They were very sweet in greeting us upon arrival! The lobby is a great place to relax and read a book! It's a breezeway and so comfortable.

We got a great deal on the price of our room and it looked exactly like the website's pictures. It was very well taken care of and felt like we were in a brand new room. The bathroom door is opaque glass so it's not as private as it could be- definitely not sound proof! I didn't find that to be an issue at all but some people are funny about those things, you know? Our balcony was very small but we found a ton of places to sit outside that were just as relaxing. I saw that some of the other reviews mentioned hearing a lot of noise from their room at night. This was not the case of my room, so I would make sure to choose your room's location carefully. If your room over looks the pool and bar area, that is where live music is at night.

On the first day it was easy to walk right on the beach and find open chairs and umbrellas with a great view. Keep in mind that it was late afternoon by that time. In the morning people line up on the beach around 6am to get first choice of umbrella location. The resort has a map of their beach area and they go down the line allowing people to pick which umbrella they want. A lot of people were given their towels, set them under the umbrella they picked and left for hours to do other things. The rule is supposed to be that they can only leave the umbrella unattended for a few hours and then their spot can be given away to someone else. Obviously it is hard for the employees to really control that. However, we were able to pick any spot on the beach and they put chairs there for us. We picked a palm tree to stay under and moved our chairs as the sun's position changed. Each resort had a roped area that you could swim in, which keeps you out of the way of boats that pick people up for all kinds of activities. It was a big swimming area so I didn't feel crowded at all. The pool was much more crowded during the day so we only swam there at night when it was empty.

There is a little shop on the resort where you can get good ice cream and also a smoothie stand! The restaurants on the resort are expensive but all of the food was great! I think the morning breakfast buffet was about $20 per person but I was happy with the quality. It was nice to have breakfast outside on a covered patio with service! For dinner, I think Ruth Chris' was better than the steak at the resort and cost was pretty equal. If you're going there, I would walk down the strip of restaurants until it looks like a dead end. Then get a taxi to take you the rest of the way. We walked the whole way but got very confused trying to find it. We walked into a lot of the wrong places! Also there is a place on eagle beach that offers a night time dinner on the beach (advertised in a magazine in our room)..so amazing! Beautiful, romantic, and great food! All food is easy to access by foot or bus, which is cheap and goes up and down the same road that the resort is on.

We didn't go in the casino but it was in a convenient location. For those of you that are uninterested in the casino, we never heard any noise from it so it wasn't a bother.

Ladies, skip the spa at this resort! It is attached to the women's gym locker room, which was not up to the standards of the resort. I was excited about getting a massage until I walked in there. I had to sit in a rough robe by the door to the gym so people could see me when someone opened the door. Once in the massage room, it was cold and I could hear people talking outside of the door so it wasn't relaxing at all. The massage therapists are independent contractors but the one I had was bad. I should have stopped her before the whole massage was over but I thought it was going to get better. After this terrible experience, I met with the hotel manager to get some of my $140 back! He said I could get 50% since I still got the whole service, which was understandable. I'm sure there are better spas on the island so do more research before committing to an appointment!

Red Sail Sports has great sunset/dinner sails that are easy to set up in the resort lobby. We chose this company to do a dinner sail with because the pick up spot was right at our resort!

Anyways, the point is that this resort is the best (and probably most expensive) resort on the island but it's great quality wise and you should be able to have a worry-free vacation with Hyatt.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,706)

Reviewed March 25, 2010

Very noisy, smoke filled, worn hotel., Loud music in lounges echoes throughout hotel, had to wear ear plugs at night. Even the air conditioner and the bathroom vent were very noisy. You could hear the ice machine 6 rooms away. Smoke smell thoughout hotel. Carpets worn and stained, bed linen rough., balconies small. not enough bureau space. For $500/ night--- hardly worth it.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank belsad
Reviewed March 20, 2010

My wife and I just spent five wonderful days at the Hyatt Regency in Aruba. We visited other hotels while casino hopping and the Hyatt was definitely the nicest of all of the hotels. It's probably the priciest hotel, but you get what you pay for. The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We never ate dinner at the hotel, but the breakfasts and lunches were just fine. The location is short walking distance to restaurants and stores.

If I have any complaints at all it's that the walls in the rooms were very thin and if your neighbors happen to be loud, you'll hear them. The balconies are small and standing room only which is kind of a bummer.

We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

So...I have travelled to many caribbean islands and always stay at the top hotels. The Hyatt overall is very very nice. However it is not in the same class as a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton by any means.
We booked our room through easyclicktravel.com for $326 a night (before tax). This was a GREAT deal for this hotel considering the rack rate for our room was $675 a night if booked directly through the hotel! However, a few issues with the room... It could have been cleaner. Rugs and mini sofa had visible stains and bathroom had other peoples hair's on the floor. I wouldnt expect to run into these issues if they are charging $675 a night. The elevators were also showing wear and tear. Our room view was actually very good as we looked over both the ocean to the left and the city to the right. The room was slightly on the small side. However, the beds were AMAZING - SO COMFORTABLE!! I haven't slept that good in years!!
The property overall was very beautiful, including the pools and landscaping. The casino was also one of the best on the island. We ate breakfast each day at Ruinas Del Mar and food was good. The service at this hotel was EXCELLENT. They were very very accomodating and answered to our every whim! From a toothbrush at 1am, to a refrigerator in our room for free - they were always ready to fulfill our requests. Also, we told them it was our anniversary prior to check-in and we were sent a bottle of wine and a fruit and cheese platter - a wonderful surprise!! Also, I liked the turndown service every night when they would leave a note on your pillow with a fact about aruba signed "Bon Nochi" (good night). It was a cute touch. If and when i return to Aruba, this is the only hotel I would stay at as it definitely is the nicest on the island. However, I would not pay the standard $675 a night, I would only return if I got a discount.
In terms of the beach, it is on busy Palm Beach and the water is not clear. I suspect that all of the boat traffic whips up the sand so the water is cloudy (you can't see your feet in it). I am also comparing it to Baby Beach (where we went snorkeling) which was crystal clear and absolutely beautiful - I HIGHLY recommend taking a trip there for the day as the snorkeling was fantastic. We also took a catamaran for snorkeling to the shipwreck site, we picked up the boat to the left of the Hyatt right on the beach for $45 a person, a 3 hour ride.
Overall it was very very relaxing and I would recommend the Hyatt as the best choice when staying in Aruba.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allprima
Reviewed March 19, 2010

a beautiful hotel in the center of all the other hotels. A great location. nice atmosphere.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Aruba is awesome because at the hotel I am friends with waitress like a waitress named Joisy, Beatrice & Edna Flanders. I also had a babysitter named Natasha Helena Anthony and stayed in touch with her. I went in the waterslide and they had free breakfast. I also ate on the beach the first night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This is a beautiful resort but it is really hard to rationalize the price especially if you are staying there with kids. There are some serious design flaws in the rooms first off. There are "mock balconies" as I call them--these are not real balconies and you cannot sit on them--just about 10 inches so you can stand. Since we are traveling with kids we have often used the balcony as a place to go when the kids were resting, to get out of the sun or when the kids went to bed at night. Also the bathrooms were made with a glass door and glass facing the rest of the room so in addition to privacy issues, if someone got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, the lights would wake up everyone. The beds were extremely comfortable but the room very small(yet over $600 a night!). There is not much to do at the resort for "tweens" though my kids did enjoy the parrots, iguanas, and the juice bar which is fantastic. The layout of the arcade, playground, kids center and ping-pong is just awful and uninviting for kids or their parents. The water at the beach in front of the Hyatt happens to be murkier than neighboring hotels--I'm guessing it is because of motor boat activity?? Our last two days were at the neighboring Radisson and the water was much clearer there. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the pool area and slide ares nice. The grounds are lovely and much more shady and lush than neighboring hotels but still the price does not match especially when all the other hotels are sitiing on the exact same beach. We stayed our last 2 days at the Radisson for half the price and it was certainly not half the experience so can't say I would be back to the Hyatt. A big pet peeve for us was that when we needed to check emails(for business purposes), the hotel charges for computer use and wifi(free at the Radisson by the way)---very lame considering the price we were paying.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Beachmama1993
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!