The Hyatt Regency Resort is absolutely the nicest resort on Aruba! The ride to and from the airport were provided by a bus tour company and were comfortable. They were very sweet in greeting us upon arrival! The lobby is a great place to relax and read a book! It's a breezeway and so comfortable.
We got a great deal on the price of our room and it looked exactly like the website's pictures. It was very well taken care of and felt like we were in a brand new room. The bathroom door is opaque glass so it's not as private as it could be- definitely not sound proof! I didn't find that to be an issue at all but some people are funny about those things, you know? Our balcony was very small but we found a ton of places to sit outside that were just as relaxing. I saw that some of the other reviews mentioned hearing a lot of noise from their room at night. This was not the case of my room, so I would make sure to choose your room's location carefully. If your room over looks the pool and bar area, that is where live music is at night.
On the first day it was easy to walk right on the beach and find open chairs and umbrellas with a great view. Keep in mind that it was late afternoon by that time. In the morning people line up on the beach around 6am to get first choice of umbrella location. The resort has a map of their beach area and they go down the line allowing people to pick which umbrella they want. A lot of people were given their towels, set them under the umbrella they picked and left for hours to do other things. The rule is supposed to be that they can only leave the umbrella unattended for a few hours and then their spot can be given away to someone else. Obviously it is hard for the employees to really control that. However, we were able to pick any spot on the beach and they put chairs there for us. We picked a palm tree to stay under and moved our chairs as the sun's position changed. Each resort had a roped area that you could swim in, which keeps you out of the way of boats that pick people up for all kinds of activities. It was a big swimming area so I didn't feel crowded at all. The pool was much more crowded during the day so we only swam there at night when it was empty.
There is a little shop on the resort where you can get good ice cream and also a smoothie stand! The restaurants on the resort are expensive but all of the food was great! I think the morning breakfast buffet was about $20 per person but I was happy with the quality. It was nice to have breakfast outside on a covered patio with service! For dinner, I think Ruth Chris' was better than the steak at the resort and cost was pretty equal. If you're going there, I would walk down the strip of restaurants until it looks like a dead end. Then get a taxi to take you the rest of the way. We walked the whole way but got very confused trying to find it. We walked into a lot of the wrong places! Also there is a place on eagle beach that offers a night time dinner on the beach (advertised in a magazine in our room)..so amazing! Beautiful, romantic, and great food! All food is easy to access by foot or bus, which is cheap and goes up and down the same road that the resort is on.
We didn't go in the casino but it was in a convenient location. For those of you that are uninterested in the casino, we never heard any noise from it so it wasn't a bother.
Ladies, skip the spa at this resort! It is attached to the women's gym locker room, which was not up to the standards of the resort. I was excited about getting a massage until I walked in there. I had to sit in a rough robe by the door to the gym so people could see me when someone opened the door. Once in the massage room, it was cold and I could hear people talking outside of the door so it wasn't relaxing at all. The massage therapists are independent contractors but the one I had was bad. I should have stopped her before the whole massage was over but I thought it was going to get better. After this terrible experience, I met with the hotel manager to get some of my $140 back! He said I could get 50% since I still got the whole service, which was understandable. I'm sure there are better spas on the island so do more research before committing to an appointment!
Red Sail Sports has great sunset/dinner sails that are easy to set up in the resort lobby. We chose this company to do a dinner sail with because the pick up spot was right at our resort!
Anyways, the point is that this resort is the best (and probably most expensive) resort on the island but it's great quality wise and you should be able to have a worry-free vacation with Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba