“Our favorite vacation resort.”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Myrtle beacj
“Our favorite vacation resort.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Everything is absolutely wonderful at The Hyatt Resort. The restaurants on site, the best beach, the cleanliness but what makes our vacation memorable are the people. We have been coming to the Hyatt since the 90s and so many of the staff is still here...what does that say? We feel welcomed and remembered. We have travelled to many places but The Hyatt Aruba is by far our favorite place.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Megmad1217
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Korean first
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Hyatt is the best, most luxurious hotel in Aruba. The grounds are impeccable, the beach is white with sand as soft as cotton and the ocean is gentle. The rooms are great. The staff is awesome! The perfect relaxing vacation!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank trexgreeleydad
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team!
new york
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in July. The room is clean. We had a room looking towards the ocean, overlooking the slide and pool. The furnishings while modern are lacking. No personality. I felt like I was staying in a white box. I very much liked the Palms restaurant, it is one of the hotels restaurants, but this one is located beach side. The food is good. The other 3 restaurants are located in the center of the hotel complex, built into the hill, so that part of the restaurant is inside, part out. I felt like I was in a cave. We had breakfast there twice. Typical buffet, nothing spectacular. In fact I was somewhat disappointed in the fruit selection. One of the things I like about travel is to eat local fruits. Honeydew, watermelon grapefruit and I believe cantaloupe were the selections.
One other reviewer commented on the necessity to wake up early (5:30 ish) to get on line to reserve a hut. This is not what I want to do on vacation. I did like the fact that the cost was reasonable, $35. But the availability is scarce, they do get sold out. I find in this day and age, where many, ( not all) people are concerned about sun exposure, I feel that there should be more umbrellas/huts available.
Also, what I found upsetting is that although the beach is pretty, it is ruined by all the commercial boating traffic. There is the new variation of the banana boat that keeps going across the beachfront. Then there is the new motorized toy, that is very noisy, that basically is a harness that tries to propel you up in the air that never really works. To me, all this commercial boating traffic ruins the tranquility of why you came to a Caribbean resort in the first place. I think that the hotels should regulate this. The beachfront is pretty but not relaxing. It is not quiet and tranquil. I would not return to this area of Aruba because of this.

The highlight of our trip was Harry, the tennis pro. We specifically stayed at the Hyatt because they had tennis available.
We ended up taking a lesson a day and doubling on one day, for a total of 4 lessons. Harry was very charming. His drills were so much fun! He did not try to change your entire game. Rather,he would comment on a few things that could be changed.He was very accurate in his assessment in a very quiet, nonthreatening and supportive way. He challenged us, and made it fun. I would rate him 5 stars*****!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thsNewYork
Douglas, MA.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt for the second time July 2nd thru the 8th.
It was still a great choice. Just a few things the hotel needs to improve upon.
Customer Service at check in & the hut group. Other than these departments the Hotel
was what we expected from our stay last summer. Personnel in all other areas are polite,cheery & attentive. Grounds are beautiful & well kept. Location is the best for exploring & shopping when the sun goes down. Daily breakfast buffet was great ( we did this last year ) servers are wonderful & are very upbeat. We ate at Mexicado & the service & food was delicious. Pricing was very reasonable. I'm glad we tried this restaurant.
You will have a wonderful trip if you choose to stay at the Hyatt.

I'd like to mention that this year we went on the Tranquilo for the day snorkel trip. very disappointed with the atmosphere provided after reading so many great reviews.. I was very surprised that the captain/Owner Anthony was not very personable or enthusiastic. If it wasn't for his first & only mate this trip would have been a total waste of a day and money. We watched the first mate do everything. I mean everything except to run the dingy which took you to the snorkel area. The first mate is very nice, helpful & sociable.
Last year we went on the Black Pearl & that sail/snorkel trip held true to its reviews. Awesome!!
We also went on the ABC full day Jeep island tour. It was nice to see all of Aruba finally.
Our past 3 visits we stayed local & didn't do any land excursions. It was a long day, and you do get very dirty, but it was a fun day. There are some extra stops we made , & we some breathtaking views. I'm very glad we finally were able to go the Natural Pool. This is a must visit spot.

Can't wait until the next visit!!

Room Tip: anything above 6th floor Ocean/partial ocean
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank dbfluke
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a wonderful time at the Hyatt Aruba. Nice clean resorts with freindly staff (Bertha) 8th floor house keeping she kept one of my sisters in a good mood she wasnt feeling the best thanks. It was my 3 sisters first caribbean experience. After reading several advises on the hotel from negitive to positive POSITIVE won. All the staff from diffrent functions were very freindly towards my wife my sisters and me.From the beach staff giving out towels to the food and drinks personal no problems. The Westin being under construction by the new owner might be in trouble. One issue I have is that they need a strap to hold the drapes back so you can get that breeze at night while you sleep. Job well done Hyatt thanks.

Room Tip: Ocean/Island veiw
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Orlando D
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt is perhaps the best, most luxurious hotel in Aruba. The grounds are impeccable, the beach is white with soft sand and the ocean is gentle.

The rooms were great; paid for a partial ocean-view room and got one on the 8th floor. The view and the condition of the room is as good as can be.

The four on-site restaurants have great food and are complemented by a number of off-site restaurants literally steps outside the hotel.

That brings me to my only gripe - the palapas must be reserved in the morning when the towel hut opens on the beach at 6.30am. I went in July 2014 and the hotel was not particularly busy. However, people would line up from 4.45am to get the palapa in the front row(!) Waking up at 6am isn't my ideal stress-free vacation.

To be fair, the hotel offers a rental section where palapas can be pre-reserved for $35 a day. However, most people in the know book these when they book their vacation and so few good rental palapas are available!

I loved the hotel and my vacation. Wish I didn't have to get up at 6am daily to do so! Note that going after 6.45am will ensure that u have no palapas and will be left to the mercy of the afternoon sun.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Chintan S

Hyatt Regency Aruba
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here a little while ago with my family.

Beautiful maintained grounds and beaches on the resort. The water slide was an extra little plus I wasn't expecting. The room was more than adequate with comfortable sleeping arrangements and amenities.

Another amazing thing is the staff. My fiance left her hat at the resort and they were propmt in responding to me that they have found the ha and ultimately shipped it back to us in the states free of charge.

Can't recommend this resort/hotel enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Adam D
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 24, 2014

Hyatt Regency Aruba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!