“Great place to stay in Aruba!”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Even the partial ocean view rooms had wonderful views. Great beach location and staff was very accommodating. Several restaurants are across the street within walking distance. Make sure to get to the beach early to reserve a palapa.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The hyatt is a beautiful, serene hotel with excellent service.

As I read the other reviews, I notice that the main complaint is the shortage of cabanas and while I agree with those, blaming the beach staff is totally unnecessary. The beach staff were super friendly and as accommodating to all requests as they could be. They can't create a cabana just because you want one! The issue seems to be due to the lack of policy of reclaiming unused cabanas (or, if a policy exists, the lack of enforcement). This is a management issue...don't blame the staff. On 1 day, in my sight line, at least 5 cabanas sat unused from 9am until 3pm, when we left to get lunch. I've stayed in many resorts where cabanas that go unused for several hours are cleared and opened for someone else...it seems like a rather simple and fair solution.

That said, the beach is beautiful! Since we weren't able to get a cabana, we cooled off on one of the complimentary floats in the water, not a bad compromise if you ask me. I did like that they were free...other hotels charge a fee to use a float.

There are great restaurant options nearby so we mostly chose to eat off property. We did eat at Mexicado one night though and it was great - delicious food and superior service provided by Vladimir. We were lucky to have the private table next to the waterfall which couldn't have been more romantic!

We will surely be back to the Hyatt!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in February. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are nice, the lobby is nice and the grounds are nicely landscaped and maintained. The problem with this hotel is that the hotel is way too big for the property it sits on. The pool and beach area (which is one of the main reasons for going to Aruba) can not come even close to accommodating the hotel guests. You literally are tripping over other guests at both the pool and beach. At the beach you are basically sitting elbow to elbow with the other guests. Forget about shade as well as the palapas the hotel offers are reserved and you can't get one or you have to get up at 6:30 and wait on line and then maybe you will get one.

The restaurants are ok but the fois is resort food and you will definitely want to go out and experience the many good restaurants on the island.

Another big complaint is that if you have a room facing the courtyard, which is half the hotel, the lobby bar plays live music incredibly loud until 10 o'clock almost every night making it impossible to enjoy your room before that. After that depending on the night and on how drunk the guests at the bar get you hear loud talking, screaming and laughing which again makes sleep very difficult. One night this went on until 2 in the morning.

All in all I would say the physical hotel is very nice and very well maintained but if you are looking for a quiet peaceful relaxing vacation this is not the place for you.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Michael D
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback as they help us to improve. We realize that you have many choices of where to stay when you visit our island. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Mangement

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I just got back on Sunday from my 5th year in a row at the hyatt in Aruba. It is so pretty and nice and the employees treat u right. When I got back I booked it right away for next year. I LOVE it. The rooms are nice and if they aren't that great to you it doesn't matter you don't stay there that much. The beach is great especially for kids. They have jet skiing and tubing which is so fun and a lot of other amazing water activities. The pools are great too with a swim up bar and volleyball net. They also have two jacuzzis right next to the pools and it is so convenient. So if you are looking for a nice and amazing and fun place to stay go to they hyatt!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

3rd time at this great hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was excellent. Room was clean with wonderful bath products. Rented a palpa so as to avoid the 6 am wait, but the less stress was well worth it. Pricey, but location and beach make it worthwhile. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments and for your loyalty to the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Hyatt is definitely the most beautiful resort in Aruba! The lobby is amazing! We were there during President 's week,and it was very crowded. The rooms were just okay,I wish they had more than a step out balcony. The noise from the bar was very loud,and disturbing some nights. The front desk staff and concierge desk were just okay. I would think they would be better in a hotel of that standard . The beach was very crowded. They could use more bar and restaurant staff walking the beach and pool area. We rented a cabana / tent for the week ,so we didn't have to get up at 6am. It is not a vacation if you have to stand in line at 6am!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank elyseh
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my husband and two older teen daughters & appreciate what this Hyatt offers-beautiful & safe beachfront, very nice pool area, with very good casino and good food at the restaurants (Ruinas was excellent). It was more crowded than during our March visits, this being Presidents week there were lots of younger kids (8 - 12 year olds) who at times took up the hot tubs or the seats at the swim -up bar. I saw security intervene but I wish the parents were spoken to and not only the kids themselves- many of the kids get pretty scared when approached by a security guard type and asked their name and room #...
Ok, now the beach hut issues... Waiting at 6 am to get a hut on the beach feels ridiculous but many of us wake up early just to do it. The staff at the sign-in hut are helpful & sympathetic (providing coffee) but the "beach boys" are middle age men who often seem annoyed by their job of setting up the chairs and receiving tips for doing so. It's here that the dismissive smiles and averted eyes feel most unfair & rude, I don't like the system either but I don't like any questions being responded to as if I were overly demanding (like whether someone will clear the leftover garbage from the hut). They also seem driven by getting tips (which I do) tho I see their resentment at not receiving one... I know it's expected but it does drive me crazy, I do pay enough for the room as it is.
I loved the housekeeping staff and concierge & front desk staff.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank MPKC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!