“Compliments to our Favorite Concierge”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had vacationed at the Hyatt Regency this past December and the year before as well. While the hotel is excellent in so many respects, we wanted to single out several staff members who make us look forward to returning each year.

In particular, one of the most gracious people we have met in Aruba is Paola Garcia, a concierge at the Hyatt. She has repeatedly been attentive and warmly friendly. As it was my wife's birthday during our most recent visit, she, and a second concierge, Coral, made certain that the hotel recognized the occasion by having a tray of canapes sent to our room.

We look forward to spending most of our time on the Hyatt's beautiful beach. The staff at the beach, headed by the always friendly Augie, and assisted by Cesar and Romeo, are very accommodating and create a great atmosphere.

Our thanks to our friends at the Hyatt!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NinaAlan

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Aruba from Jan. 6 to Jan 17th for our honeymoon. We stayed on the 9th floor as we're Regency members, so our concierge services might be a little different. We checked in with no bags (as they didn't make it to Aruba with us), and the hotel sent up emergency kits for us. So nice. We had a bottle of wine and cheese waiting for us when we checked in. The concierge helped us with restaurant recommendations and places to check out. They get a 4/5.

The Hotel itself. Beautiful grounds. Well kept, and there were some tropical birds on site. The pools were great. Very clean site. The beach is also very well-kept. It was hard to get rafts, that's my one gripe. They say there's a two-hour limit, but people hoard them. When I didn't see anyone around I just snatched them up from underneath chairs. No biggie. Just put them back when I was done.

We ate at Mexicana one night, and did Pampered in Paradise another. Both were great. The Pampered experience was simply amazing. It's pricy, but for our honeymoon it was perfect. Didn't mind spending the cash. The prifie menu was delicious. Surf and Terf was cooked to perfection. We had breakfast in the restaurant once. It was good. Would have liked to have a little more fresh fruit though.

The only snafu we encountered was regarding a reservation on a sunset sail... I wrote a separate review on that. The hotel sent us a bottle of champagne for it. Wasn't necessary but very nice.

We love Hyatt properties. We'll be back for sure! Especially since they gave us a free night for our anniversary!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristian N
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is the best location of the Hyatt Regency Chain. The greating I got was smiles and welcoming! It was delightful. The casino was bright clean and smelled good even though smoking is allowed in all casinos. The decor is nice and clean! Even if a piece of furniture is chiped it still works well! All the TV's were flat screen and LG brand. With two pools and a beautiful beachfront
if you want sun there is no excuse to come back unaffected. You even can reserve a thatch hut to lay by as long as you check in with the towel and beach location in person in the early AM. If you like everything centrally located to you this Hotel has it for you weather your a Family or pair of lovers it's here for you to enjoy!

Room Tip: The higher you can be the better the view is over the trees.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian D
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Your Hyatt Regency Aruba Family

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Aruba is beautiful! This hotel is located in a great location and gorgeous beach.
Gardens are lush and incredible! Beautiful pool and theist intimate and romantic restaurants around. Food is great! Casino is good! Service is average to good! My only qualm, is the lobby is every dark and gloomy. I know this is the mood and ambiance they are trying to create, though it's dark. Great hotel and destination! Perfect for all especially adults.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family (children 11 and 8) spent the holiday in Aruba Dec 21-31. It was a great way to spend Christmas - the resort is lush and manicured. Beautiful open aired lobby, instantly puts you in a vacation mindset. My daughter rushed to see the tropical birds, black swans and fish in the pond. The property is easy to navigate and just minutes from your room to the beach.

Palapas:
You can rent your beach palapa for $35 a day. But when we made reservations for the hotel in June they were already sold out. There are some available on first come first serve basis. The hut opens and distributes at 6:30 promptly. If it means a lot to get a front row spot then you should be downstairs inline by 5:15am. So where there is a supply and demand issue - is the opportunity for a little "corruption". I saw some "regulars" who also feel they own the place. Give some cold hard cash to workers and their stuff was then set up and no more waiting in line for them. I guess it is what it is. -- more on this rude set of east coasters from the great state of New Jersey later...

Beach Chairs and Pool Chairs

I would expect a hotel of this caliber and price to have better beach chairs - they are old, rusted, no cushions, old fashioned strap bands that you would expect at a Holiday Inn. An upgrade here would be nice!

Bar/Pool Food:
I found the menu to be fantastic for food during the day, and priced for what I expect at a hotel/resort. $12 for chicken strips/fries, $16 for burgers, $17 for chopped salad - plus 15% gratuity always added on. Food was delicious.

Casino:

did not go into it, so could not comment

Regency Room:
Being Diamond members, we had access to the Regency Club Room - Pros - food was good - Breakfast: Oatmeal, Bagels, other breads, cereal, yogurt, meats and a hot offering. Delicious homemade granola! Daytime - snacks - cookies, nuts, trail mix, sodas, water, coffee Evening appetizers - veg platter/dip, salad bar, sad dried up sandwiches, and a hot offering that varied - spring rolls etc. also sushi offered some days. While very predictable- that was the problem - the same food for 10 days =BORING!

Rooms:
Not the biggest hotel room, but very good use of space. One major complaint - why is there a window in the bathroom overlooking the room and a glass door on the bathroom? At nighttime the entire room is lit up and very disturbing. Design flaw.

Housekeeping was great!!

Crowds:
We travel every year for the holidays and it is the busiest time of the year for resorts. We are used to getting up early for seats, and waiting our turn for limited space, lots of children. BUSY BUSY BUSY - this hotel was no different. What I had never experienced before was the aggressive, rude, outrageous behavior that I can only compare to spoiled children who demand what they want, when they want and NOW. I saw these folks who will tell you at every opportunity they have been coming to the Hyatt for 20 plus years and feel a little more entitled than everyone else. Oh yes, I saw you - going into the Regency Club with your canvas bag scooping up cups of the nuts, vegetable platters, crackers, cheese and whatever else you can get your greed hands on to take down to your private party at the beach. You were there when it opened at 5 with your bags clearing the food off of platters before others had a chance to get any. EVERY DAY! I learned after day one or two NEVER NEVER NEVER go into the Regency Club at 5pm- or be pushed aside as the cattle call came rushing in. I have never seen a more aggressive people in my life. Oh yes, you told me you were from "New Jersey" and maybe that is your culture I have no idea. But it was terrible. Also the abusive language and ways you spoke to the staff was hard to hear. Who do you think you are??? I was just an observer until I was bullied at the bar waiting for food for my children when I was told to get out of my barstool by a hostile, very angry woman who accused me of not even being a guest at the hotel? When I refused to move she called over her thug friends and all berated me for 15 minutes AND she called over a security guard on me??? I said nothing, and did not move. Apparently the hotel knows her very well, yet why they continue to allow her in the hotel is beyond me. Mr Hoffmann, manager of Hyatt, your hotel will sell out without these people. Do not allow this to continue. My family continued to encounter this crown in the Regency Club and on the Beach. Other guests I spoke to had similar run ins. Is this what you want for your hotel Mr. Hoffmann? No one reached out to me, even though your assistant manager knew of the incident. It honestly shook us up. I don't care about the professions of these people - they are them most classless, rude, ignorant people.

I won't take away any stars from your hotel based on the people there, But I urge you to do something about it. I warn others of this crowd. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank sgowarty
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Aruba is a beautiful island, but when we go to the Hyatt, that's our destination. Beautiful property on a beautiful beach with wonderful amenities available--comfortable lounges, umbrellas, water sport paraphernalia and food / drinks available and easily accessible. Wonderful staff . Great restaurants . Beautifully kept grounds. We're happy driving from the airport and spending a week relaxing at the hotel .

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank aliceann1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Loved the adult only pool but there were no towels available our first day there. When calling the front desk the phones just rings and since it is so busy in December they should consider adding some help. I am also still trying weeks later to straighten out my bill because I was not credited my deposit so I was double charged. Being out of the country this has made it difficult. The location is perfect and the room was wonderful. I found the restaurants good but the casino was too smokey to stay so we went to other hotels to gamble.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank farrylc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!