“Heavenly Gardens”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Woodbridge, Canada
“Heavenly Gardens”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Aruba is beautiful! This hotel is located in a great location and gorgeous beach.
Gardens are lush and incredible! Beautiful pool and theist intimate and romantic restaurants around. Food is great! Casino is good! Service is average to good! My only qualm, is the lobby is every dark and gloomy. I know this is the mood and ambiance they are trying to create, though it's dark. Great hotel and destination! Perfect for all especially adults.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Korean first
Washington D.C.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family (children 11 and 8) spent the holiday in Aruba Dec 21-31. It was a great way to spend Christmas - the resort is lush and manicured. Beautiful open aired lobby, instantly puts you in a vacation mindset. My daughter rushed to see the tropical birds, black swans and fish in the pond. The property is easy to navigate and just minutes from your room to the beach.

Palapas:
You can rent your beach palapa for $35 a day. But when we made reservations for the hotel in June they were already sold out. There are some available on first come first serve basis. The hut opens and distributes at 6:30 promptly. If it means a lot to get a front row spot then you should be downstairs inline by 5:15am. So where there is a supply and demand issue - is the opportunity for a little "corruption". I saw some "regulars" who also feel they own the place. Give some cold hard cash to workers and their stuff was then set up and no more waiting in line for them. I guess it is what it is. -- more on this rude set of east coasters from the great state of New Jersey later...

Beach Chairs and Pool Chairs

I would expect a hotel of this caliber and price to have better beach chairs - they are old, rusted, no cushions, old fashioned strap bands that you would expect at a Holiday Inn. An upgrade here would be nice!

Bar/Pool Food:
I found the menu to be fantastic for food during the day, and priced for what I expect at a hotel/resort. $12 for chicken strips/fries, $16 for burgers, $17 for chopped salad - plus 15% gratuity always added on. Food was delicious.

Casino:

did not go into it, so could not comment

Regency Room:
Being Diamond members, we had access to the Regency Club Room - Pros - food was good - Breakfast: Oatmeal, Bagels, other breads, cereal, yogurt, meats and a hot offering. Delicious homemade granola! Daytime - snacks - cookies, nuts, trail mix, sodas, water, coffee Evening appetizers - veg platter/dip, salad bar, sad dried up sandwiches, and a hot offering that varied - spring rolls etc. also sushi offered some days. While very predictable- that was the problem - the same food for 10 days =BORING!

Rooms:
Not the biggest hotel room, but very good use of space. One major complaint - why is there a window in the bathroom overlooking the room and a glass door on the bathroom? At nighttime the entire room is lit up and very disturbing. Design flaw.

Housekeeping was great!!

Crowds:
We travel every year for the holidays and it is the busiest time of the year for resorts. We are used to getting up early for seats, and waiting our turn for limited space, lots of children. BUSY BUSY BUSY - this hotel was no different. What I had never experienced before was the aggressive, rude, outrageous behavior that I can only compare to spoiled children who demand what they want, when they want and NOW. I saw these folks who will tell you at every opportunity they have been coming to the Hyatt for 20 plus years and feel a little more entitled than everyone else. Oh yes, I saw you - going into the Regency Club with your canvas bag scooping up cups of the nuts, vegetable platters, crackers, cheese and whatever else you can get your greed hands on to take down to your private party at the beach. You were there when it opened at 5 with your bags clearing the food off of platters before others had a chance to get any. EVERY DAY! I learned after day one or two NEVER NEVER NEVER go into the Regency Club at 5pm- or be pushed aside as the cattle call came rushing in. I have never seen a more aggressive people in my life. Oh yes, you told me you were from "New Jersey" and maybe that is your culture I have no idea. But it was terrible. Also the abusive language and ways you spoke to the staff was hard to hear. Who do you think you are??? I was just an observer until I was bullied at the bar waiting for food for my children when I was told to get out of my barstool by a hostile, very angry woman who accused me of not even being a guest at the hotel? When I refused to move she called over her thug friends and all berated me for 15 minutes AND she called over a security guard on me??? I said nothing, and did not move. Apparently the hotel knows her very well, yet why they continue to allow her in the hotel is beyond me. Mr Hoffmann, manager of Hyatt, your hotel will sell out without these people. Do not allow this to continue. My family continued to encounter this crown in the Regency Club and on the Beach. Other guests I spoke to had similar run ins. Is this what you want for your hotel Mr. Hoffmann? No one reached out to me, even though your assistant manager knew of the incident. It honestly shook us up. I don't care about the professions of these people - they are them most classless, rude, ignorant people.

I won't take away any stars from your hotel based on the people there, But I urge you to do something about it. I warn others of this crowd. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank sgowarty
boston, mass.
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Aruba is a beautiful island, but when we go to the Hyatt, that's our destination. Beautiful property on a beautiful beach with wonderful amenities available--comfortable lounges, umbrellas, water sport paraphernalia and food / drinks available and easily accessible. Wonderful staff . Great restaurants . Beautifully kept grounds. We're happy driving from the airport and spending a week relaxing at the hotel .

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank aliceann1
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team
Lafayette Hill, PA
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Loved the adult only pool but there were no towels available our first day there. When calling the front desk the phones just rings and since it is so busy in December they should consider adding some help. I am also still trying weeks later to straighten out my bill because I was not credited my deposit so I was double charged. Being out of the country this has made it difficult. The location is perfect and the room was wonderful. I found the restaurants good but the casino was too smokey to stay so we went to other hotels to gamble.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank farrylc
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of Hyatt properties and must admit that Hyatt stands out in terms of its properties, staff's friendliness and going beyond the call.

We stayed here Pre-Christmas for 5 nights with our twin daughters and had a wonderful time as this was a break after long time and it was wonderful to spend time with growing children who surprise you everyday when you spend time with them.

The pools at multiple levels are wonderful. The decor and restaurants are great. Now comes the critical review:
a). After initially booking through AAA rates with free breakfast; we got suite upgrade. At check-in, we were told to have access to club loungue complimentary. Thus two wonderful days. On second day, I left my sandals on the side of the pool and on returned in 20 minutes to look for them. The staff said they saw it and someone took it to lost and found and I should inquire with front desk. Front desk confirmed finding them but could not retrieve them till end of the trip as if nobody cared for some lost sandal (2 gentle reminders). Tried using club and gym at night and realized didn't had access. Front desk person (bad attitude) said that I should not have club level access as suite upgrade was complimentary.. huh!

Told on day 4 on interim check for bills that breakfast will be charged and the attitude of staff was unkind and asked for proof of AAA nights and they had little to no information about reservations in the system along with unpleasant 'back-biting and fun sharing about attempts to save hotel money' while I stood on a little too-side forgotten. On asking for manager (nice gentleman with good listening skills) I was told that he could take off breakfast to amicably resolve the issue. I mentioned about staff's unfriendly attitude but little reaction. The fun was gone with about one hour of stupid discussions and managers follow up etc.

On the evening of departure, my wife left her phone around the lobby area and when we used the tracking system after 20 minutes it showed the phone in the property. Used iphone messaging system that asked them to call the hotel's front desk. The phone was found with much difficulty when a room service guy was asked by my wife per chance and he shooked head about seeing it. Found "Switched off" in possession of another staff who hasn't informed front desk!

In sum, while the property was great - I hope if the staff were friendly enough and understand that they represent probably one of the best brand in hotels i.e., Hyatt hotels (I am a big fan).

Room Tip: Suites above spa overlooking pools are wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Sunny A
Tracey N, Sales Executive at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort & Casino
Fishkill, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We're no stranger to Aruba but this was our first time staying at the Hyatt. Overall we don't have anything bad to write about. We had one of the best and enjoyable times, ever!
During our stay in the later part of September we didn’t find it to be crowded which was nice. Dinner at their restaurant “Ruinas del Mar” was top notch, plus we had a table next to the water and the swans came by to say hello (I think). The Juice Bar "Kadushi" is HIGHLY recommended.
To end our vacation we made a visit to the spa. The treatment there was fantastic.
When we book our next trip to Aruba we’ll be looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 459 which had a perfect view of the Grounds, Garden & Ocean. (See Picture)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AKOK80
Dear Guest,

We have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team
Guama, Cuba
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at the hyatt hotel from new years eve until the 6th. It was extremely crowded but as soon as new years was over it slowed down. first, we had one sunset sweet and one regular room. they were both very large and very nice. Any needs we had were very easily takin care of. the pool was a pretty good size although most people were at the beach which is beautiful. I suggest either getting there early or like us renting a palapa. the service on the beach was nearly unexistent. the beach was beautiful as was the ocean. the juice bar is fantastic and all who works there are very nice. One thing you must do is the water sports. they have a little shack write on the beach were u can rent and do all different things. my family did the jet lev and the couch tube which the boat pulls. overall this vacation was amazing and very fun, i definetely would go back. for restaraunts i reccomend screaming eagle.

Room Tip: i enjoyed the sunset sweet but the regular rooms are just as good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank allie l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!