“BEST hotel ever !!!”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family of 4 stayed on the Regency Club floor and we had an amazing time. The rooms were clean and actually smelled like fresh air . The entire place was very clean. The property is modern and gorgeous. The most beautiful beach I have ever seen but I did find the pools very crowded and difficult to find lounge chairs. It is summer so that is expected. If I ever plan to visit Aruba again in the future I would not hesitate to stay at the gorgeous Hyatt Regency once again. We took a tour of the different hotels around Aruba and the Hyatt is #1 !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Regency Club was very good but..... expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just returned from our first stay at the Hyatt. This was our 3rd visit to Aruba. Clearing customs & immigration was very quick, no lines. Our package purchased thru Players Choice included transportation thru KTS. This was a small bus, and there was our family and one other couple, so only one other Hotel stop on Eagle Beach along the way. No need to spend more money on a taxi. Check in.. no lines arrived about 1 pm. We had 2 ocean/ island connecting rooms reserved high floor. We were given room 712 & 714. Only 1 room was ready, the connecting room was not. So we checked into the 1 room so we could go to Lings. Room was very clean & nice. When we came back from Lings checked with the desk to see if the other room was ready, we were told no & to check back after 4, however when we got upstairs I saw the cleaning lady leaving the connecting room, and she opened up the connecting door for us. This room was also very nice & clean.
We then went to the beach to see what Hut # we were given, as I had emailed the hotel about 6 weeks prior to reserve. They did not have one reserved for us. I did have my email from Jeffrey stating that he would take care of it. So the Hut people called him to check & see if he had emails from me. They gave us a back row one. Wasn't to happy with the location seeing that I had paid for the week & reserved one prior. I was told that people reserve them 1 year in advance. Find that hard to believe seeing that they couldn't handle a reservation 6 weeks in advance, never mind 1 year LOL. None the less not a deal breaker, just a slight disappointment for what we were paying for. Later on we went to the pool & the hut man came to find me & said that he would give us a front row for the last two days. That was nice.

The pool & grounds at the Hyatt are beautiful. One thing that stinks about the walkway around the pool is that the stone walkways get very hot, you need your flip flops at all times. I think that they need to use material that Florida Hotels use. But as long as you have your flops you are good

We ate the breakfast buffet breakfast every day which was included in our package. Very nice the service is excellent at Ruins. They expected us every day at a certain time & gave us the same table. One morning we were running late and they gave our table away, they said
" sorry we didn't think you were coming & we gave your table away " We thought that was funny. The service they provide is great. Food was very good also.

We did eat lunch almost every day at the beach service that is provided or at the beach bar. Pricing was not anything outrageous. Right in line with other resorts. ( even ones in the US ) Food was always good along with the service.

I would have to say that that 90% percent of all the Hyatt employees provide excellent service. I did not care for a few of the Hut people. They did have a few that were excellent ( Rudy was the best ) One afternoon we left to go tubing for about 20 minutes to come back & find that someone stole our floats. I knew who did it & I questioned the woman. No need to start a fight, so I just went to the hut & asked if they had anymore... not very helpful or nice.

as far as my opinion of the Hyatt's beach. Sand area great. The water.... there is a slight drop off. No smell here but the clarity of the water is not clear. This is due to all the water sports going on. If you walk out past your chest you will noticed that the ocean floor sand is mucky & sticky. Gross. We were told that this is from algae due to the lack of water current from the piers on either side & the water sports going on. The sea water is much better down at the Westin and at the other end of the Mariott. ( but the sand at the Mariott is shellie & not as soft ) They really need to move the water sports to save the beaches.

This was a great trip to Aruba.
Out of the 4 of us traveling : my Husband and 2 daughters 17 & 13 . Only my husband liked the Westin better. I would definitely return to the Hyatt. The location is the best, along with the service they provide.

Also concierge service is excellent, very helpful, Arianna & Paola I believe these were the woman who helped me when I asked for reservations or recommendations. Great at what they do. ( they Westin concierge service was not present to say the least )

Sad to be back home, but great memories!!! Priceless:))

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Like many others, I've been vacationing in Aruba for years and have tried different hotels on Palm beach such as the All Inclusive (before it was renovated), the Marriott and friends stayed at Radisson. We also tried the more low key section of Eagle beach (Bucuti). Hand down, the Hyatt is the the best property on Palm beach, the rooms are clean and beds are comfy. The breakfast is outstanding and the beach and Palapas are nicely located.
The Cons which is why I rated this a 4 instead of 5 is the price is very steep especially during high season and getting a Palapa on the beach is impossible without either getting on line at 6:30 am or reserving them for a fee. Also, the extremely high daily resort fee is a killer! Otherwise, if you can get a special or go during low season, it is the best place to stay!

Room Tip: After staying here 4 times, I have never had a bad room. However, I would stay away from the 1st fl...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AddieAid
Reviewed August 8, 2013

During a recent five night stay at this truly beautiful tropical resort, I can honestly say that people vote with their feet. And, a great majority of those feet return to this property, time after time. In fact, out of the dozens of people I met and spoke with, most were on their fourth and fifth return visit. The grounds are lush and immaculately kept, the beach is superb (and clean), the swimming pools are fantastic, and the largely Filipino staff is friendly, attentive, and efficient. This stretch of Aruba is gorgeous, and the design of this hotel is truly complimentary with lush ponds, birds, and tropical foliage that is picture perfect. The only semi-critical element I can think of is that there is not much of a balcony attached to the room, but, who wants to sit out on a balcony when they can be beachside taking in a breathless sunset with a superb meal? The rooms are recently refurbished, and, I never slept in a more comfortable bed during holiday. The size of the room was better than the majority of rooms to be had in Europe, and, was quite comfortable. From the moment you walk into the lobby of this hotel, you realize you are visiting something special. Locals say the Hyatt is the best property on the island, and I can understand why. The attentiveness of the staff was unsurpassed, and this held true from the front desk to the staff on the beach. We also found the people of the island friendly, and unlike many other spots in the Caribbean, felt quite safe. Cab fares are standardized, and the location of the hotel is footsteps from restaurants and shops. A trip into downtown Oranjestad will evoke the comparison of a developing Amsterdam in the tropics, and for a truly scenic memory, check out the California Lighthouse. For a wonderful tropical vacation, look no further. Two flights and 10 hours travel was well worth it, and, this hotel has something for everyone-beach, swimming, birds, casino, great food, luxury shopping, and a first rate concierge. High season is December-April, and the hottest month is September. Include breakfast with your room, it was superb. No question, we will return to this gem as do so many.

Room Tip: Request ocean view/pool view room; go for a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mkent924

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Aruba Team

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at the Hyatt on the friendly island of Aruba and I have to say that this is the place to stay. The minute you walk into the open and airy lobby with the tropical breeze constantly filling the space, you feel like your vacation has started. The entire staff was fantastic and super friendly during our stay. When you walk through the lobby the next area is filled with well manicured grounds with pools on different levels, black swans and huge goldfish enjoying the beautiful pond. The beach area is the best on the island.

Our room was ocean front and they accommodated my request that I made in advance to have a high floor. We were put on the 7th floor and had unbelievable views of the ocean and beach. Request a high floor when you book in advance.

We had a very early flight from JFK an I knew that we were going to be tired the first day, so I reserved one of the 5 tables per night at the Footprints Restaurant at the Hyatt on the beach. What a great experience. Eating on their beach while the sun was setting was perfect. I highly recommend booking Footprints on your first night there so you don't have to worry about traveling to another restaurant on your first day.

If you book an ocean front room you get a bigger balcony that has 2 chairs and a small table on it. The other rooms have balconies but are too small for chairs. The Hyatt rooms are a good size and the cleaning staff was excellent. The air conditioner is excellent and very quiet.

The beach staff did a wonderful job setting us up everyday. Diana in the beach hut is one of the most friendly people you will meet on the island. The service staff assigned to the beach are not in your face constantly asking if you need something to drink. If you want to be left alone they will let you be.

If you book early enough and can get the package that includes breakfast daily, it is worth it. It is a buffet with excellent fresh food that has plenty of options and an omelet station.

I can't say enough nice things about the Hyatt in Aruba!

Room Tip: Ocean Front room on a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed T
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 5-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Aruba. Overall very disappointed in the Hyatt and in Aruba. The property is over crowded and in desperate need of a makeover. AA lost my husbands fishing poles so we were not able to check in til midnight. The night shift person was very rude! We reserved the family plan thinking we had to connecting rooms but learned they are only adjoining. So much for a family vacation. Even the smoothie lady on the beach was rude. No one smiles, no one welcomes you, not many are even friendly. Mgr moved us a couple days later but by then we were over Aruba. Never going back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Harpo817
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns regarding your experience during your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Aruba.

Customer satisfaction is our main priority and you can be assured that we too are disappointed when we are unsuccessful in creating a memorable travel experience for our guests.

We look forward to regaining your confidence and making your stay both enjoyable and memorable.

Hyatt Management

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my second year in a row back to the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and it will not be my last. I have been to Aruba approximately 12 times. The Aruba Hyatt is the finest property on the Island by far. From your first hello to your departing good-bye. The property is top shelf. The landscaping is breath taking. The staff is the crem de la crem. The rooms are kept in impeccable order. The restaurants magnificent. Our favorite is the Palms. We enjoyed 5 fabulous meals there. The Manager, Sherwin (I apologize for in any incorrect name spelling) and the host Henacay do all that is necessary to make your meal a magnificent one. The Palms chef, one of the finest on the Island. Hotel management (reservations, etc.) will do everything within their reach to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Over all it was a vacation in Paradise. We are already talking about next years trip. Take advantage of this wonderful getaway. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you don't mind seeing the ocean on an angel, Ocean Front rooms are as nice as Ocean View. But...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bernadette J
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hyatt Aruba Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!