“Best island vacation ever!”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Best island vacation ever!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

After reading all the recent reviews about this hotel I couldn't agree more that this is the best island vacation, possibly even THE best vacation, I have ever taken. The hotel is gorgeous! From the rooms to the beach, front desk, spa, pools, dinner, etc. The location is great as well with shopping across the street and numerous restaurants to choose from in the area. There was some light construction going on at the time of our stay (July 6-12) which seemed to be going on M-F 9am-5pm. It was a bit of a nuisance when our balcony door was open but if you plan on waking up around 9 or 10 to head to the beach then it shouldn't be an issue.

We loved that the hotel had different pools, huts on the beach, PLENTY of lounge chairs and floaties to use on the beach. If you want a hut I suggest you get up very early. By 9am they seem to all be taken.

We ate at a few top notch restaurants that people might think are expensive but being from NYC I feel they were reasonably priced. Restaurants I would recommend are Smokey Joe's, Texas Grill, Salt & Pepper, The Taste of Belgium and Yu Hee's. If you aren't looks to spend on dining you also have great options of Quiznos, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. A place I would not recommend is Senior Frogs.. the drinks are overpriced and have, what seems like, zero alcohol. We also did Kayaking to the DePalm Island which I wouldn't recommend. It includes drinks and food but both were terrible and unless you have great upper body strength, the kayak ride was VERY difficult against the wind. The island seems more appropriate for people with children.

When passing by all the other hotels, I would think the only other comparable hotel would be the Marriott Stellaris Hotel & Casino.

I have been to many islands in the Caribbean and Aruba by far is the most beautiful. All and all, I cannot wait to come back!

1 Thank MsKrystyna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Korean first
staten island ny
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was not my first time to Aruba but it was my first time to the Hyatt in Aruba. I am totally in love with this hotel , from the minute you walk in the lobby you feel this cool breeze and hear the birds talking and it just makes you feel like the stress is falling off of you

I stayed in an ocean / pool concierge level room ... My view was amazing .. the room is smaller then most hotels but we didn't find an issue with this at all. The concierge level was great and worth every penny, it was nice to just have soda and snacks through out the day without having to pay all the time

The pools were nice and clean and we didn't have a hard time finding chairs. As for the beach that is amazing as well , the sand and water are just so amazing here

I didn't eat in the hotel for dinner this time but I have been to there restaurants in the past and they are great! Ruins del mar for dinner is just so romantic with the black swans and lighted candles etc

I would highly recommend this hotel .... The Hyatt will not disappoint

1 Thank travelgirl427
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My familly recently stayed at the Hyatt on Palm Beach over July 4th week. We have stayed here before and would recommend this to other familiies.

The best things about this hotel are the pool, beach, and the numerous restaurants. We typically lounge at the pool and beach each day. The pool has a waterslide, swim up bar, and huts at th beach. Although the hotel was at capacity, we never felt like it was crowded. We had no problems reserving chairs by the pool and did that by 7:30 to 8:00am each day.

My family had one of the family suites reserved. It worked out well because my son of 17, was in 1 room, and my husband and I had a king bed in another room. I would say the pull out sofa was NOT adequate for a teenager. The hotel was kind enough to swap out the sofa bed for a full size double bed for my son which was perfect.

We also used the spa for massages. The new spa was great, but a little small. We enjoyed the services and have no complaints. We were also given $20 discount coupons by the conceirge which was nice.

We ate at the Mexican restaurant and I have to say the food was average and small portions. The service was great, but the food was just a little over priced for what you received. We spent $12 for a the cheese dip with chips and it was sooo small we finished it in minutes. I would say it was convenient if you want ot eat at the hotel, but the quality was just OK.

The service at this hotel could stand some improving. We found that while lounging at the pool, we had trouble orderly drinks and lunch and actually had to find someone to take the order. That was a bit annoying.

Overally, the hotel is managed well, clean, and the rooms were nice. However,no one went out of their way to make our stay extra special. Yes, we will stay their again but I do think the Hyatt needs to bring their service up a notch to compete with some of the newer properties opening up on the island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucy3333
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the best hotel and beach in Aruba. The resort is absolutely beautiful!!! Beautiful white sand beach. Awesome grounds & pool. Beautiful roof top garden. First trip to Aruba and one we will never forget. People are awesome, so friendly and helpful. Cages of parrots and even Black swans living in the ponds filled with koi! Iguanas everywhere and little beautiful birds will join you for lunch. Great happy hour drinks at the beach side bar. We will definitely be returning to this awesome island and resort in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank trexgreeleydad
Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just got back from staying at the Hyatt for 6 days/5 nights. Grounds are beautiful with black swans, turtles, koi fish, iguanas, and exotic birds on property. Room was very nice with a small lanai for a balcony. Not a big deal for me since it's so pretty outside, why sit on a balcony? Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the room noisy. Someone told me they asked in advance for a microwave. Can't use the fridge since it's used as a mini bar. Service was always wonderful. Asked the front desk for a corkscrew and they sent one right up! Concierge desk was always helpful with my questions. Upon check-in you're greeted with a glass of champagne and noticed them giving crayons and coloring books to the little kids checking in too...nice touch! Would have liked a little something to wish us a happy anniversary since I did write that on my reservation with Expedia. See someone else on Trip Advisor said they had a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries for their anniversary with a note from the manager. Even just a verbal acknowledgement would have been nice. My husband and I took turns getting up at 5:50 AM for a free palapa on the beach. Glad I had read that on Trip Advisor because they DO NOT inform you of this when you check-in. They should because he didn't believe me. We stayed when they were at 100% capacity, so the palapas went fast. Also need to do this if you want a pool-side umbrella. They do bring out complimentary tea/coffee for you while you wait on line. Got the same hut each day, 3rd row from the water so I was pleased. Actually heard people say they were waiting since 4:30 AM and were still only 4th in line!!! They have free water lounges, but they go quickly too. A little annoyed that people were tipping in order to make sure the towel attendants brought one or two over to them. Very unfair policy that Hyatt shouldn't allow. I did pay a resort fee, therefore they should have more of these water lounges. Very few activities at this resort. Don't do bingo by the pool because you can't understand the people calling the numbers. Did give out free ice pops at the pool. As I previously read, the prices for drinks are VERY expensive. Just not worth it! Wanted to stay at a resort with a swim-up bar, but couldn't enjoy it because of the overpriced drinks. Pina colada had no flavor and the only really good drink they make, the Aruba Ariba, isn't even part of happy hour. They did have beautiful fireworks over the beach on the 4th that anyone could enjoy for free. Private dinner on the beach at Footprints was nice. Food was delicious, but booked the first sitting at 6:30 PM to see the sunset and a little weird that people were still sunbathing around me. Even though it's a public beach, they should do something about that because it wasn't as great in the beginning as it could have been. Ate at Ruinas del Mar for breakfast, but unfortunately it was raining and couldn't sit outside by the swans and koi fish. Also, not sure why people on Trip Advisor are saying WiFi is now free because I wasn't told this when I checked-in. Their website still says it costs $10/day or $35/week, but it is free in their Shoco Marketplace which also is a mini Starbucks. Right next door on the beach at the Playa Linda is a Dunkin Donuts...great find and much cheaper than the $25 breakfast buffet people are writing about. If you want to book any of De Palm Tours things, go to their shop on the beach next door at the Occidental. Don't forget to pick up their coupons at the airport. Casino is nice. Can get $10 of free play if you use a coupon from the airport and sign up for their Players Club. Overall, I really liked this resort and would love to stay here again!

1 Thank Eileen W
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don't know where to begin. It's just top-notch in every category of food, customer service and access to the beach and events. You can't go wrong staying at this hotel. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Everyone seems to have a positive, upbeat attitude.

Room Tip: Make sure to get an ocean side view. Hearing that tide go in and out will help you relax.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blairthompson_13
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Hyatt Aruba Team
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our first time ever to Aruba and we were there with another couple that had not visited the island either. From the minute we got there we absolutely fell in love with the island, the Hyatt and the people! The resort is absolutely beautiful!!! In fact, we booked a return visit while we were still at the resort!!! :)

Rooms:
We had a room on the 7th floor (room 727) facing the pool/ocean. The view was spectacular! Our friends happened to get a room on the 4th floor and it was above the bar that plays live music every afternoon. They said that they would have preferred a higher floor, near the beach or ocean front. I actually walked into a few rooms that were being cleaned one afternoon. The ocean front rooms are wonderful but you don’t get to see the beautiful pool, grounds AND ocean. If you want to see it all from your room, try and get a room on the 6th floor or higher. Request ODD number rooms as even numbers face another resort and didn’t have a nice view in our opinion. Go for rooms on the floors that are between numbers 625 – 639, 725 – 739, 825 – 839, 925 – 939. To me those seem to be the best rooms on the property unless you want total oceanfront! And remember that ONLY the ocean FRONT have furnished balconies. The rest have step out balconies. We had no problem with that, and we typically get rooms with furnished balconies.

Restaurants & Bars:
The restaurants were very nice, the food was good, priced a little high just like any other upscale resort. Drinks are also expensive but as others say you are welcome to go across the street, shop for food, drinks, etc. and try and do it that way. To me I’d rather not go through all the hassle of doing that on a vacation but that’s just me.

Employees:
MARY JUVY at the Smoothie Bar is one of the kindest people you will ever meet! She always has a smile on her face and is ready to go out of her way to make all of her customers happy.
DENISE H. at The Palms restaurant has a great personality and made me laugh! She seems to be doing her very best to help her customers!
HARLAN at the Towel Hut on the beach is awesome and goes out of his way to get everyone’s chairs ready for the day!

Location:
This hotel is the BEST location of any hotel on Palm Beach. Walking distance to many restaurants, shops, etc. I’ve seen people saying that they want to go with the Ritz when it opens up. But please note that the Ritz is going to be a VERY long distance from everything that you can walk to from the Hyatt. We will go and see the Ritz when we are there in November, but I can’t imagine staying anywhere else!

People:
The people in Aruba are the nicest people that we have ever encountered on any vacation that we’ve ever taken. And it was incredible to us that we met probably 10 to 15 different people who have been coming to the Hyatt in Aruba every year for many years. One woman that we met has been coming each year for over 30 years! Before the Hyatt was ever even built! I’m telling you – people LOVE this place more than any place we’ve ever heard of!

*****I would like to also say is that anyone reading reviews of resorts on line should pay very close attention to one thing in particular. Large majorities of people who give resorts bad reviews are mainly complaining because they feel that they were over charged and spent too much money on their vacation. Read between the lines and you will see that many times, this is the case. People like this write terrible reviews about beautiful resorts because they are in many cases, CHEAP!!!!! I would urge people who don’t understand how much it costs to stay at really high-end resorts to chose an inexpensive property. Perhaps that would work better for you! Otherwise, stay at home! ☺ The Hyatt Regency Aruba is not a cheap resort! It is a PERFECT vacation!!! Nicest people on the entire island are right there at the Hyatt!!!! Can not say enough good things about this place!

IF YOU WANT AN AWESOME BEACH & ISLAND VACATION, VISIT ARUBA! STAY AT THE HYATT!!!

Room Tip: Ocean/Pool View Rooms! STEP OUT BALCONY ONLY but we loved our view! Go for rooms on the higher flo...
3 Thank Cupcake0424
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!