This is the 2nd year in a row we stayed at the Hyatt for our annual girls trip. Enjoyed it just as much as the first time (see previous review of this property by me). Thought I would add a few new notes and lessons learned that might help future travelers.
The hotel internet is pricey at $35 per week PER device. But the little Shoco cafe has free wi-fi and was perfect for a quick step in and sync up a couple of times a day. Really all that was needed. So my recommendation is to just use that and avoid the hotel fee. That way you can post gorgeous beach pictures to Facebook for free to make all your friends jealous! :-)
As far as dining we did try the recently redone Mexican restaurant on the property. I would rate it as just ok for the price. At the Hyatt my favorite dining places remain the little Shoco cafe for breakfast and a quick sandwich for lunch. Or the bar food where we would split a burger and fries. For a non-US burger it was pretty good and the fries are excellent. But overall, for nighttime dining we found much better choices off the resort and most within easy walking distance.
Smokey Joe's has excellent BBQ (and I'm a southern BBQ snob)
Casa Tui has really good thin crust pizza
MooMba beach grill which has you dining right on the beach has tasty calamari and pan seared grouper (really fresh - you are right there where the fishing boats come in; past the Holiday Inn, near the Marriotts)
Madam Janettes is still awesome
Also, don't forget to bring a water bottle. The hotel keeps ice and water fountains handy near the beach and bars and it is a great way to keep refilling up with cold water for the beach without dealing with the expense of bottled water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba