We just returned from our first trip to Aruba. I was a little apprehensive when it came to picking a hotel, but I'm glad we picked the Hyatt. Our room (Ocean/Pool View King) was very nice. We had plenty of room and really enjoyed the rain shower in the bathroom. The balconette (not a full balcony) was nice and we were able to stand out there and watch the sunset.
The only problem we had with our room was the shower leaked one night and it was very loud. We called down to the front desk and were told that "the engineer would be up within the hour." We waited two hours before falling asleep, but no one ever came. My husband ended up rigging it so that we could get some sleep.
The grounds were very nice. Everything appeared to be well-maintained. The pool and beach were enjoyable as well. Unfortunately our beach hut was near a group of smokers. That was very annoying, but nothing against the hotel...maybe they could keep all smokers together. I'm sure that's probably not possible, but it was very bothersome at times. The beach huts are available to reserve. I suggest doing that ahead of time by contacting the concierge before your arrival. The price is a little high at $35/day. I understand this isn't an all-inclusive. I don't expect them to be free, but they could probably lower that price a bit.
I had a problem with there being no free internet access. Wi-fi access came at a price as did using the internet in the business center. There it was 50 cents/minute with a $7.50 minimum. You have to swipe your debit/credit card before you can log on. You can't even charge it to your room. I would think that a hotel like they Hyatt could offer free internet access.
Let me be clear, I knew full well about the beach hut rental price and the wi-fi situation before I arrived. It didn't take me by surprise. I'm just saying that they need to do something about it.
We visited the casino a couple of times and enjoyed it, but my husband had to go to the Occidental to get in on a Texas Hold 'Em game. There wasn't much of that going on at the Hyatt's casino.
There are tons of restaurants up and down the high rise area. I suggest getting out and enjoying them as the food at the Hyatt is pricey. Thankfully, our breakfast buffet was included in our package. Otherwise it would've been $51/day for two adults just for breakfast. Lunch on the beach with a hamburger/fries, chicken wrap/tortilla chips, two waters and two virgin daiquiris was $60 with tip. One day we went to the pizza place across the street and ate for 1/3 of that amount. I would suggest mixing it up. Eat on property when you're short on time or too tired to go out. Any other time, try some of the other restaurants.
There is a water sports vendor right there on the beach. We were able to get our jet skis and tubing done without having to look too far. That was very nice.
We went into several of the hotels up and down the high rise area, and I didn't find one that made me second guess my choice to stay at the Hyatt. It was the best vacation we've ever had, and if we go back to Aruba, we will probably stay there again (unless something better comes along).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba